over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WAXY: a total waste?

I've read two guys in the nutrition profession claiming this... one of them is pretty credible. I did a little bit of my own research. In the the three studies that have been referenced all have problems. They either don't take into account the molecular weight of WM or they add too much stuff to the shake to destroy the molecular weight benefit.

One of the studies showed it comparable to dextrose and an unofficial study said white bread. Bunch of crap. WM is cheap and effective enuff said. They are always coming out with studies bro, now they are starting to debunk the post workout, and say just use pre and peri. Maybe a little more effective but not like it makes that much of a difference for most of us. If we change our ways to every single new study that comes out we would get dizzy.

Last edited:
The PWO carb-up crap is just that. It was started based off of one lame study conducted on a senior. It is another manipulation by the supplement industry. I am reading this book called Muscle Smoke and Mirrors. It is one of the best book ever on bodybuilding and the supplement industry. Try to get it.

vitargo or pure karboyn by professional supplements is the best imo. Waxy gives you gas. Karbolyn is made from potato, rice and corn.

Here is a big problem right here.

Its a carbohydrate....that is it. And seeing these 11000 dollar a page ads in magazines touting a carbohydrate like it has drug like effects makes companies like mine look bad.....and I sell all these various carbs. The whole industry is like that and it pains me. Supplements are just that "supplements".....if a substance had drug like effects it would be scheduled as such. Bodybuilding science as of itself has almost become a whole of its participants....obsessive complusive. This study says do this postworkout, this study says dont do that postworkout and do this instead, this study says do this preworkout and postworkout, and this study says do this pre, during and postworkout for the best effects.
If you havent noticed the bodybuilding supplement industry jumps on something as the golden ticket and then does its best later to destroy it. This has happened with everything from creatine on down to things that needed to be destroyed like HMB. As you can see all the buzz from arginine and NO products has kind of waned and now the big buzz is LEUCINE....(and trust me someone in the future will come out with a bunch of literature why Leucine isnt what its cracked up to be)
So what do you do.....you just use deductive reasoning and decide whats right for yourself, in your budget and always keep in mind that these powdered supplement sources are "easy versions" of whole food basically.......protein powder isnt cypionate, Rice carbs/oat starch/waxy maize arent trenbolone and Omega 3 fish oils etc arent anavar. Find a carbohydrate that works for you (if you want to use a powdered version postworkout) whether thats waxy, dext, malt, oat, rice, potato, etc and always keep one special thing in mind when doing so "this is a carbohydrate" no matter what that 11000 per page ad says about it having the "anabolic matrix and hypertrophic factors to cause extreme muscle size!"

Last edited:

Its a carbohydrate....that is it. And seeing these 11000 dollar a page ads in magazines touting a carbohydrate like it has drug like effects makes companies like mine look bad.....and I sell all these various carbs. The whole industry is like that and it pains me. Supplements are just that "supplements".....if a substance had drug like effects it would be scheduled as such. Bodybuilding science as of itself has almost become a whole of its participants....obsessive complusive. This study says do this postworkout, this study says dont do that postworkout and do this instead, this study says do this preworkout and postworkout, and this study says do this pre, during and postworkout for the best effects.
If you havent noticed the bodybuilding supplement industry jumps on something as the golden ticket and then does its best later to destroy it. This has happened with everything from creatine on down to things that needed to be destroyed like HMB. As you can see all the buzz from arginine and NO products has kind of waned and now the big buzz is LEUCINE....(and trust me someone in the future will come out with a bunch of literature why Leucine isnt what its cracked up to be)
So what do you do.....you just use deductive reasoning and decide whats right for yourself, in your budget and always keep in mind that these powdered supplement sources are "easy versions" of whole food basically.......protein powder isnt cypionate, Rice carbs/oat starch/waxy maize arent trenbolone and Omega 3 fish oils etc arent anavar. Find a carbohydrate that works for you (if you want to use a powdered version postworkout) whether thats waxy, dext, malt, oat, rice, potato, etc and always keep one special thing in mind when doing so "this is a carbohydrate" no matter what that 11000 per page ad says about it having the "anabolic matrix and hypertrophic factors to cause extreme muscle size!"

HAHAAA!!! Leave to DC to smack some knowledge on ya. So sick of the latest greatest supplement hype. The "supplements" that truly work and have been around and used by bodybuilders and athletes do not get any ad time.

Dessicated Liver/Liver Tabs..now that is a good one. Old school: Yes. Effective: Yes. How about a mult-vit? Glandulars? Kelp? Just plain arginine/L-Arginine which raises your nitric oxide levels. Brewer's yeast? LBA's are not new, been around since Vince Gironda. LBA's are a perfect PWO supplement.

We constantly fail to realize what a wonderful creation thhuman body truly is. Think about this BS..Immediately after you workout " you must down a protein/carb blend" because.. your body will self destruct? Protein is what you need first. The quickest easiest form preferably. The body is in a constant state of repair, not just after the workout...

Now inject insulin with PWO elixer..you have a whole different ballgame.

Last edited:
The PWO carb-up crap is just that. It was started based off of one lame study conducted on a senior. It is another manipulation by the supplement industry. I am reading this book called Muscle Smoke and Mirrors. It is one of the best book ever on bodybuilding and the supplement industry. Try to get it.

id like to read that.

totally right dante.

for the record i use TP's waxy and love it. i know it is just a carb but it really does make me feel recovered faster than the older dextrose/creatine products did....and without the bloating

This is why Dante has been the "go to" guy for many of us. This isn't a profound statement here. If somebody else had said this who didn't post, it might not be looked at very much. He just tries to make the most sense out of everything, which is what makes a good trainer.

Ever hear somebody say "I was ON protein" or "I was ON creatine"? I hear that all the time. They really think that "if you take enough supplements, it's like steroids anyway".

Waxy does its job. It works. It works because it's a carbohydrate. Bananas work. Steaks work. They go in my belly and get turned in to something useful if I use them appropriately.

Last edited:
This has happened with everything from creatine on down to things that needed to be destroyed like HMB. As you can see all the buzz from arginine and NO products has kind of waned and now the big buzz is LEUCINE....

Funny thing is that HMB is a downstream metabolite of Leucine. It has been shown to activate mTOR just like Leucine. Either HMB has some value or they are both shit as "anabolics". :D

Waxy maize = It works.

I buy mine direct from the factory in 20kg drums unflavoured. So I pick it up pretty cheap. I think its the best carb for filling you back out PWO. I have experienced faster recovery between workouts and generally feel allot fuller.

Funny thing is that HMB is a downstream metabolite of Leucine. It has been shown to activate mTOR just like Leucine. Either HMB has some value or they are both shit as "anabolics". :D

But what was touted in blatant irresponsible advertising for that product i.e. "feels like deca" was way over the boundaries in truthfulness to the consumer.....it was built up as the second coming, a supplement with drug like effects in the 90's.....with scientific literature to support those claims, but the power in numbers of people using it and their reviews showed otherwise.

Great post and honest to the point. Supplement your eating, do not become a supplement! I believe they are needed, but it is all hocus pocus when some claim to have results similar to super supps!

But what was touted in blatant irresponsible advertising for that product i.e. "feels like deca" was way over the boundaries in truthfulness to the consumer.....it was built up as the second coming, a supplement with drug like effects in the 90's.....with scientific literature to support those claims, but the power in numbers of people using it and their reviews showed otherwise.

But Dante, you didn't have the super-top secret-undercover studies showing how powerful it is/was that only Bill could get!

heh heh heh:D

BMJ

I don't like any of the carb drinks(waxy, dextrose, malto), all make me feel weird-weak, tired, and lightheaded. I took waxy once and I didn't shit for 2 days; I think it clogged up my colon or something. I get 100% of my protein from so-called supplements, but all my carbs come from food.

HMB...HARDLY MAKE YA BUFF!!
Carb products are sooo cheap. Its no wonder they want to put it in a tub and sell it for 40 bucks when it cost 30 cents to make

Waxy maize = It works.

I buy mine direct from the factory in 20kg drums unflavoured. So I pick it up pretty cheap. I think its the best carb for filling you back out PWO. I have experienced faster recovery between workouts and generally feel allot fuller.

would ya mind telling me were these drums can be obtained from, im all about purchasing in bulk myself

I live in the UK buddy.

Our member DOGGCRAPP company sells waxy maize in the US I think and I am told its very good value.

I remember that exact quote by either Shawn or Bill Phillips on HMB,, 'feels like deca':rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131