over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wearing gigantic Beats by Dre headphones to the gym

I have a pair of the larger Beats but they suck to train with. Covering your ears with earmuffs while training makes a sweaty mess and it looks stupid. Great on the airplane, shit in the gym.

Just the looks of it is something you would find at Big Lots or Pic and Save, lol. After doing some research the obvious is apparent that the quality is that of which you would get from a $30 set of headphones and sound escapes as they don't fit flush against your ears. Looking for some quality ones bro, not a no name Walmart special.

Yeah well if your looking for that type of quality / style then these aren't it I was reccomending it for the people having trouble with cord issues/ headphones falling out, these still sound just as good as beats I honestly don't think the sound quality is much worse then them at all! If you want quality and looks then I could have reccomended you some fancy ass bose, but if your going to be using this shit for workouts/gym these are the perfect headphones iv came across mate.

Is it just me or it seems like a gym fad that everyone and their grandmother is wearing those gigantic studio style beats by dre headphones to the gym. Not only bodybuilders but even random people. Even Jay Cutler has had them on during some of his recent photo shoots. What do you guys think of this fad?

I think they look retarded get yourself some ear buds and you are good to go!

I'm still trying to get past the spandex shorts, stringer tank tops, inflated lat spread, and bloated guys who think there big..........to worry about DJ dumbass.

i just dont understand how you guys spend so much on headphones

without the amount of pairs ive broken, im just to scared to buy a good expensive pair

Beats

I like them. Crank em up! Nice sound, don't care what anyone else thinks, Tore up 4 sets of ear buds. Blocks out the all the noise and crappy music at the gym.

**broken link removed** Nice, simple, cheap, comfortable, sweat proof, been using these to the gym for years.

$300 for headphones is not much considering they have $1500+ headphones out there. I have a pair of Hifiman HE-500 headphones for home use which cost about $700 with a $450 Schiit Lyr headphone amplifier, $250 TELEFUNKEN E288CC tubes and $450 Schiit Bifrost DAC, and this is just a intermediate level setup, you can get stupid with sound or video equipment if you want. But if you want ridiculous top end stuff, you better be rich or have no other hobby to spend your money on, ha!

Well of course i can imagine the sky is the limit as there is a market for this stuff for people with great entertainment system's at home and what not or travel a lot. Just saying though literally for gym only purposes and cardio is all i need and would use headphones for.

Thanks for the link. Had something like these before but think they were Sony but looked exactly the same and worked pretty well overall. Just didn't connect well with my iphone 4 which i use for my music player. Bluetooth connection was terrible and usually never worked so gave up and got the Bose ear buds for like $150 which work great, just wish they were cordless.

I have a pair of the larger Beats but they suck to train with. Covering your ears with earmuffs while training makes a sweaty mess and it looks stupid. Great on the airplane, shit in the gym.

That's what i would think and can't imagine doing 45+min of cardio wearing these things? Not very practical imo and $300 for just the gym isn't for me.

Depends on if Your a guy who has a song kick on that raises the hair off his arms and when he hits his next set he pushes out 1 or 2 more off pure adrenaline rush alone. This is me and i've always went through shitty earbuds. One would always break fall out my ear shitty quality. Well i bought some second hand studio beats by dre off ebay for 125. By far the best quality headphones i've ever used. I had the solo by dre but they sit on your ear and isnt the same. The studios engulf your ears and I have a big ass head so they fit tight. I train balls to the wall and never have a problem with them coming off and honestly you can not hear anything but whatever badass music you have going off in them. I'm not saying there aren't some way better out there for cheaper but I will say that these have lasted me over a year and a half now and if anything goes wrong with them i'll happily buy some new ones. To everyone else bashing them.. Y you mad bro?

My friend let me try a pair of hers on. Hell , My V-Moda Vibe ear buds sound just as good and it doesn't feel like I have a helmet on. But, to each his own.

All of the sudden some guy walked in wearing Beats. He had this head bob thing going on and the only thing I could think of was what type of music he was listening to...

Really messed up my workout.

I wear ear buds because I am drenched in sweat when I work out. I dont know how guys wear those big giant head phones it seems like the inside would get all sweaty and mess up the speakers. Hell maybe the guys wearing those arent there to get all sweaty anyway, I see alot of guys show up to the gym like it's a fashion show and just want to be seen lol, the same guys who dont go to the gym unless they have "cool" workout clothes:D

All of the sudden some guy walked in wearing Beats. He had this head bob thing going on and the only thing I could think of was what type of music he was listening to...

Really messed up my workout.

Just ignore them buddy.

I love the beats. I tried going back to the shitty iPhone earbuds and they dont even compare. Yeah they r $300 new, but $130 refurbished on ebay.

I just switched over to a pair of headphone style beats... I love them. It's like your in your own little world... And I use to make fun of the people wearing them... Lol......I could never go back to the earbud style ones now...I absolutely love them..

Ipod shuffle is ideal for the gym setting in my opinion... Factory headphones is plenty. I'm not analyzing an overture while I workout.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be able to concentrate with those giant things on my head. Use my stock ipod nano headphones and they have lasted for years.

I think I have a lot of better shit to worry about than what someone is wearing over their ears to the gym while they work out...

Is it me or people need to work out at the gym instead of eye jerking around and seeing what other people are up to?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads