over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has happened to Dusty @ USAs ?

I don't think you are going to find a more "honest with himself, knows who he is and what his weaknesses are" bodybuilder out there.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dusty Hanshaw ( just now in his own words )

What a weekend it has been already. Ended up in 3rd again but this year I'm stoked for it because when I saw the pics I thought who is that guy wearing my head? .?.?...lol. I'll be posting some awesome pics tomorrow that my boy Todd got of me and the rest of the top five on stage. It was apples to oranges with me and everyone else. The rest of the top five had pretty flowing physiques, were taller(I looked like a midget up there) and just had classic beautiful physiques. I on the other hand am proudly the gritty ball of muscle that's not put together as nicely but gets freakier from one show to the next. This show the pleasing physiques ended up on top and I'm cool with that because these guys looked great and played their genetic hand to the best of their ability and came out victorious. Nothing but respect for my friends and their journeys.
This ^^^
Even, Dusty, himself has comfirmed he looked bad in the pics, I wasnt at the show and was asking if its just pics or he really looked that bad. I love the guy, always enjoyed his posts he truly loves what he is doing but dont be ass kissers and be honest guys he looks very vey far away from the pro ranks if judging only by pics (which in most cases could be wrong criteria)

This ^^^
Even, Dusty, himself has comfirmed he looked bad in the pics, I wasnt at the show and was asking if its just pics or he really looked that bad. I love the guy, always enjoyed his posts he truly loves what he is doing but dont be ass kissers and be honest guys he looks very vey far away from the pro ranks if judging only by pics (which in most cases could be wrong criteria)

You read that wrong. He said he was stoked at the way he looked. That's a good thing.

This ^^^

I agree Raj... he seems to.be very humble and good sportsmanship and we all respect that but.. he doesn't look good enough and that's the end all be all

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

The other pics I saw posted by amateurs from the audience looked good. I don't know whats up with those pics but he looked better IMHO.
As someone pointed out he just came up against better comp.
I mean you can't look BAD and get 3rd at USA's.

He looked great. The only thing that bothers me is his coloring which looks uneven/blotchy. 3rd is legit.

3rd at whats known as the toughest show in the US to earn a Pro Card is nothing to be ashamed of at all.

I don't think you are going to find a more "honest with himself, knows who he is and what his weaknesses are" bodybuilder out there.

--------------------------------------------------------

What a weekend it has been already. Ended up in 3rd again but this year I'm stoked for it because when I saw the pics I thought who is that guy wearing my head? .?.?...lol. I'll be posting some awesome pics tomorrow that my boy Todd got of me and the rest of the top five on stage. It was apples to oranges with me and everyone else. The rest of the top five had pretty flowing physiques, were taller(I looked like a midget up there) and just had classic beautiful physiques. I on the other hand am proudly the gritty ball of muscle that's not put together as nicely but gets freakier from one show to the next. This show the pleasing physiques ended up on top and I'm cool with that because these guys looked great and played their genetic hand to the best of their ability and came out victorious. Nothing but respect for my friends and their journeys.

........also, Dusty posts a pic on his Instagram page of him on a treadmill and writes, "What else would I be doing on 4 hours sleep the morning after a show and the day of a big shoot? I got changes to make and the moment a show is over it's done. Time to move forward on brining your vision to life."

Time to clock in!

........also, Dusty posts a pic on his Instagram page of him on a treadmill and writes, "What else would I be doing on 4 hours sleep the morning after a show and the day of a big shoot? I got changes to make and the moment a show is over it's done. Time to move forward on brining your vision to life."

Time to clock in!

wow. I love those words right there. that is life.
-JS

great guy, and fun to follow, but yeah like everybody said...he will never make it as a pro =/

Exactly.

I was there. I thought he looked great.

I saw Dusty get 3rd at the USA in person last year. All I can say is pics are bull crap. He looks 10x better in person. That goes for all of them. Look at pics on Instagram of Trigili taken by friends. He looks like the model of perfection. Those Contest pics are horrible.

I saw Dusty get 3rd at the USA in person last year. All I can say is pics are bull crap. He looks 10x better in person. That goes for all of them. Look at pics on Instagram of Trigili taken by friends. He looks like the model of perfection. Those Contest pics are horrible.

I know that Lindsey got rid of Nga Azarian and Bill Comstock as the photographers for his Calif shows, I wonder if this was the case also at the USA???

I'm a little confused with Dusty's comment and if I am reading this wrong I apologize.

It seems as if he is saying maybe in his opinion the judging criteria is wrong and in his opinion he looked better and maybe should have won? Maybe he thinks the gritty look should be the gold standard?

He stated "the pleasing physiques ended up on top".......well not to be captain obvious but that is "usually" who wins the show.

He goes on to say " these guys looked great and played their genetic hand to the best of their ability" ....again I'm not sure about this quote. ..sorta seems like he's not super impressed sorta like how a catcher frames a pitch to look like a strike...just a slight of hand.

From these commnts I think Dusty feels he should have won (maybe I am wrong)....I also feel just as Dusty does that he looked extremely conditioned compared to past shows (except the ab shot wasn't too great imho)...His most muscular was great as well. He looked better than I remember from past shows.

I think he looked great as far as the genetic hand he was dealt but the top 1 and 2 were a whole other level better. Those 2 guys can add a lot of muscle and it will flow nicely as long as they don't go over board....imho..I don't think Dusty's frame/genetics can handle too much more without ruining it...I think he can come in freaky and hard but too much more size may not look that appealing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm a little confused with Dusty's comment and if I am reading this wrong I apologize.

It seems as if he is saying maybe in his opinion the judging criteria is wrong and in his opinion he looked better and maybe should have won? Maybe he thinks the gritty look should be the gold standard?

He stated "the pleasing physiques ended up on top".......well not to be captain obvious but that is "usually" who wins the show.

He goes on to say " these guys looked great and played their genetic hand to the best of their ability" ....again I'm not sure about this quote. ..sorta seems like he's not super impressed sorta like how a catcher frames a pitch to look like a strike...just a slight of hand.

From these commnts I think Dusty feels he should have won (maybe I am wrong)....I also feel just as Dusty does that he looked extremely conditioned compared to past shows (except the ab shot wasn't too great imho)...His most muscular was great as well. He looked better than I remember from past shows.

No I don't think he's saying it that way. I think he being a realist has fully accepted his less than pleasant shape and is just losing graciously. He's stating the obvious just so his followers can understand that he's accepted the outcome. It's no surprise that Trigili and Ward were 1 and 2 cause they have better structure, more size and similar conditioning.

I think his comments can be taken though that he has tried just as hard, if not harder than ward and trigili and a lot of his third place placing just has to do with bad luck in the genetics department.

I agree though, this is the best Dusty ever. He looked great and I hope he can win at NA's or Nationals. Nationals last year would have been a pro card opportunity for him had he showed up with the size and conditioning he has now. Nobody at that show in the supers was good conditioning wise.

I know that Lindsey got rid of Nga Azarian and Bill Comstock as the photographers for his Calif shows, I wonder if this was the case also at the USA???

Dan Ray took 'em, according to the stamp in the lower right corner. :)

I'll see if i can get a hold of some better ones. :)

-S

Dan Ray took 'em, according to the stamp in the lower right corner. :)

I'll see if i can get a hold of some better ones. :)

-S

Woops! Guess i missed the obvious. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competing in MENS BODYBUILDING!

Men's Open Heavy Weight at the USA's- he is going up against REAL competition. 3rd Place is pretty damn good. Plus, if you turn "PRO" at a show like that....you have really done it.

Let's be honest......there is a reason fellas wait until....until hell freezes over and they are old as shit to become a pro. (Because there is not a chance they could achieve that vaunted status in an open class at the USA's). I admire everyone that has the guts to keep busting ass competing. That is terrific.....but it seems a lot different to me.

Dusty is still in the thick of it competing with the best. (Just my opinion)

The USA's open classes are the real deal.

Last edited:
my good friend and guy I guru for, "big Mike" got top 10 at this nationals as a superheavy. I just talked with him and he said he was back stage talking with Dusty and sounds like dusty did some new things this year and imo he looked the most aesthetically pleasing as he ever has.
-JS

If you have ever met the man in person I have no idea how you could have a single bad word to say about him.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws