over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What NOT to use with GH?

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
I've heard that using Nolva is a bad idea since it lowers Igf-1. Are there other compounds that one should avoid while using GH?

A50# said:
I've heard that using Nolva is a bad idea since it lowers Igf-1. Are there other compounds that one should avoid while using GH?

i've never seen anything to back that statement up... where'd you see it?

Stimulates the secretion of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-b which then acts to inhibit the expression and/or activity of TGF-a and IGF-1, two genes that are involved in cell growth and proliferation.

Effects of tamoxifen on insulin-like growth factors, IGF binding proteins and IGFBP-3 proteolysis in breast cancer patients.

Gronbaek H, Tanos V, Meirow D, Peretz T, Raz I, Flyvbjerg A.

Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Recently an association between increased serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels and the development of breast cancer was demonstrated. Tamoxifen used in the postoperative treatment of breast cancer patients may exert significant effects on the IGF-I system. MATERIALS AND METHODS: To examine the effect of Tamoxifen treatment (20 mg/day) on changes in the IGF-I axis in 11 breast cancer patients before and after 4 months of Tamoxifen treatment and compared to 8 healthy subjects. IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-2, IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-6 were examined by specific assays. IGFBPs were examined by Western ligand blotting and IGFBP-3 proteolytic activity by specific protease assay. RESULTS: Serum IGF-I was decreased before (63%) and increased during Tamoxifen treatment (60%). Total IGFBP-3 levels measured by IRMA were unchanged, however, intact IGFBP-3 measured by WLB was decreased (58%) before and increased (67%) during Tamoxifen treatment. IGFBP-3 proteolysis was increased before and reduced during treatment. IGFBP-4 and IGFBP-6 were decreased before and increased during Tamoxifen treatment. CONCLUSION: Significant changes in the IGF system were demonstrated before and during Tamoxifen treatment and may in part be involved in the effects of Tamoxifen treatment in breast cancer patients.

Thats a 20 second search. GH works predominantly thru IGF liberation in the liver and Nolvadex blunts that release Saint, I believe clomid does also but arimidex and letro avoid that issue (letro if i remember right even potentiates more of an IGF release--but Im too lazy to look it up again, I studied it a couple years back)

DOGGCRAPP said:
GH works predominantly thru IGF liberation in the liver and Nolvadex blunts that release Saint, I believe clomid does also but arimidex and letro avoid that issue (letro if i remember right even potentiates more of an IGF release--but Im too lazy to look it up again, I studied it a couple years back)
I've read the studies about letrozole substantially increasing IGF-1 and anastrozole to some degree. Problem with these anti-aromatases is they seem to wreek havoc on your lipid profile where nolva actually improves it :confused:

xcel

DOGGCRAPP said:
Stimulates the secretion of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-b which then acts to inhibit the expression and/or activity of TGF-a and IGF-1, two genes that are involved in cell growth and proliferation.

Effects of tamoxifen on insulin-like growth factors, IGF binding proteins and IGFBP-3 proteolysis in breast cancer patients.

Gronbaek H, Tanos V, Meirow D, Peretz T, Raz I, Flyvbjerg A.

Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Recently an association between increased serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels and the development of breast cancer was demonstrated. Tamoxifen used in the postoperative treatment of breast cancer patients may exert significant effects on the IGF-I system. MATERIALS AND METHODS: To examine the effect of Tamoxifen treatment (20 mg/day) on changes in the IGF-I axis in 11 breast cancer patients before and after 4 months of Tamoxifen treatment and compared to 8 healthy subjects. IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-2, IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-6 were examined by specific assays. IGFBPs were examined by Western ligand blotting and IGFBP-3 proteolytic activity by specific protease assay. RESULTS: Serum IGF-I was decreased before (63%) and increased during Tamoxifen treatment (60%). Total IGFBP-3 levels measured by IRMA were unchanged, however, intact IGFBP-3 measured by WLB was decreased (58%) before and increased (67%) during Tamoxifen treatment. IGFBP-3 proteolysis was increased before and reduced during treatment. IGFBP-4 and IGFBP-6 were decreased before and increased during Tamoxifen treatment. CONCLUSION: Significant changes in the IGF system were demonstrated before and during Tamoxifen treatment and may in part be involved in the effects of Tamoxifen treatment in breast cancer patients.

Thats a 20 second search. GH works predominantly thru IGF liberation in the liver and Nolvadex blunts that release Saint, I believe clomid does also but arimidex and letro avoid that issue (letro if i remember right even potentiates more of an IGF release--but Im too lazy to look it up again, I studied it a couple years back)

interesting study.... which seriously... i have never seen. time for some pub med to see if they have a lkittle more. thanks DC.

Thats what I call answering a question. Thanks DC.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws