over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

My older friend who was a pro in the 80s took 2cc Deca and 25-30mg Ciba Dbol for bulking 2cc test and 30mg winny cutting...stayed on for 10 straight years

One important factor when guys go on about drugs being better is time on hormones. All of us blew up from our first few cycles and they were amazing. 30mg dbol does not change me the same as it did when I was 24 years old and weighing less. Everything changes even just down to the mentality of taking aas. Everything is more exciting when you first start out. Your 15th dbol cycle is a bit different to your 2nd.

Guys who are just starting now will probably be posting how crap the gear is 30 years from now and back in the day it was so much better. Granted the legality back in the 70's/80's and most of it being pharm grade but looking at testing of aas these days it looks pretty good to me.

I stopped reading at "people got monkey features"

Title of the thread itself was enough to NOT make me open the link... kinda like oh no here we go again... :eek: Just wanted to read comments to see if I could have a good laugh on a rainy Sunday morning... ;)

Anyone else wonder about the growth coming from monkeys making them look like monkeys????

Lol I've never heard of such shit.

One important factor when guys go on about drugs being better is time on hormones. All of us blew up from our first few cycles and they were amazing. 30mg dbol does not change me the same as it did when I was 24 years old and weighing less. Everything changes even just down to the mentality of taking aas. Everything is more exciting when you first start out. Your 15th dbol cycle is a bit different to your 2nd.

Hello Elvia!

I'm afraid this argument sort of underestimates our logical thinking. By "our" I mean us who think generally available gear was better back then.

I don't and don't think any of us does, compare my cycles today to my cycles back then. We compare youngsters cycles back then with youngsters cycles today. In the 80's me and my friends could buy only 3 things, they were all OTC by the way: sust250, deca50 and drol50. There was vet winny but very rare. Obviously, these were all pharmacy grade.

Very few took deca back then, mainly because a 50 amp of deca would cost the same as a 250 amp of sustanon, so test had more bang for your back, we were kids and blah blah blah... A common first cycle was one sust amp a week for 2 months. The more courageous ones would add a drol a day. For the second cycle it could be 2 amps per week with or without drol... Two tabs of drol a day was unheard of.

Kids, me included, grew like weed from those cycles.

Now I see kids same age doing more gear from the best UGLs available here and not having the same results. I know a 19 year old on 750 test and 50 drol and he doesn't even look like he lifts.

And the "food was better" argument doesn't cut either in my opinion. Most stuff we get here is still organic. Money was scarce back then like it is today. It's not like we all could buy a whole chicken and 30 eggs every day. Just the average diet.

It's too bad I was never familiar with Ciba's dbol, as it was never sold here, but I leave this question to the geezers of this forum:

Would a 18 year old on his first cycle of 20mg dbol nowadays from the best source available have similar gains to a 18 year old in 1969 taking 20mg of Ciba's dbol? Only stuff you've seen, please.

Last edited:
It's great to see you posting again :)

I am not stating gear wasn't better back then just giving a different perspective to look from. I wouldn't have a clue as I only started using gear about 9 years ago. I have never used any of the old stuff. But my point definitely applies as over the years our set points and perspectives change.

Your post definitely points out one huge fact that there is now loads of fake gear out. But the type of results you talk of I see all the time. I have put guys on low doses and they have exploded. In the past I could put on 20 pounds from 25mg dbol or 50mg adrol quite easily. One guy I know put on 35 pounds just on 1 adrol per day but he was skinny to start with. I can't remember what adrol it was (years ago) but it would have been either Geneza or Balkan. Plus his diet was crap and not that many calories. His idea of bulking would be add in 1 weightgain shake per day.

Hello Elvia!

I'm afraid this argument sort of underestimates our logical thinking. By "our" I mean us who think generally available gear was better back then.

I don't and don't think any of us does, compare my cycles today to my cycles back then. We compare youngsters cycles back then with youngsters cycles today. In the 80's me and my friends could buy only 3 things, they were all OTC by the way: sust250, deca50 and drol50. There was vet winny but very rare. Obviously, these were all pharmacy grade.

Very few took deca back then, mainly because a 50 amp of deca would cost the same as a 250 amp of sustanon, so test had more bang for your back, we were kids and blah blah blah... A common first cycle was one sust amp a week for 2 months. The more courageous ones would add a drol a day. For the second cycle it could be 2 amps per week with or without drol... Two tabs of drol a day was unheard of.

Kids, me included, grew like weed from those cycles.

Now I see kids same age doing more gear from the best UGLs available here and not having the same results. I know a 19 year old on 750 test and 50 drol and he doesn't even look like he lifts.

And the "food was better" argument doesn't cut either in my opinion. Most stuff we get here is still organic. Money was scarce back then like it is today. It's not like we all could buy a whole chicken and 30 eggs every day. Just the average diet.

It's too bad I was never familiar with Ciba's dbol, as it was never sold here, but I leave this question to the geezers of this forum:

Would a 18 year old on his first cycle of 20mg dbol nowadays from the best source available have similar gains to a 18 year old in 1969 taking 20mg of Ciba's dbol? Only stuff you've seen, please.

It's great to see you posting again :)

;)

Oddly enough, there's also the stuff from an unknown brand, fairly cheap, that you come across only once in your lifetime and works 10x better than anything you have ever tried, UGL or pharma.

This is one of the great mysteries of this cult IMO. That oddly shaped pill that you bought cheap from a source that is long gone and you'd see changes in the mirror every day, or that generic HGH that blew anything out of the water, but nobody knows where to find.

And then you keep your whole life feeling like crap because you didn't buy a 20 year supply of that stuff.

;)

Oddly enough, there's also the stuff from an unknown brand, fairly cheap, that you come across only once in your lifetime and works 10x better than anything you have ever tried, UGL or pharma.

This is one of the great mysteries of this cult IMO. That oddly shaped pill that you bought cheap from a source that is long gone and you'd see changes in the mirror every day, or that generic HGH that blew anything out of the water, but nobody knows where to find.

And then you keep your whole life feeling like crap because you didn't buy a 20 year supply of that stuff.

Yes we have spoken about this before. A certain batch of kigtropins comes to mind. I swear my nose hair grew about 1cm in two days :eek::D

No doubt. 7$ for barely over a pound of 96/4 ground beef?! Doesn't even last me a day lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costco brother. LOL Load up on clean meats and a freezer. They got free range organic eggs, baby spinach, organic berries, lots of powders and their meats and seafood are among the best you can buy. Cheap, if you don't mind bulk.

Well sadly the 80's was before my time by the early 90's was when I started in the gyms.
My god it has changed so much in almost 30 years.
I recently went back to the town in which I grew up in, small but big town for Maryland outside DC VA huge metro areas....I mean when I moved to the south they teased and called me a "fucking yankee" I grew up round deer hunters gun racks in trucks sweet tea and all that shit...lol so to call a marylander from the eastern shore a yankee was comical.

We had 3 "gyms" a health spa, a raquet ball club that only had nautilus machine and broken down YMCA. The HS I went to had a universal machine set up - remember these - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/232146555771871166/

Now they have like 20 gyms Anytime Fitness, 24 HR fitness O2 fitness, planet fitness et all one in every shopping center.

Guys mainly got there stuff from old doctors that would prescribe steroids - like anadrol (removed in 1993) and Steris labs (RIP 1997 FDA shut down) and nobody touched organon deca cause it was too expensive in the pharms.
Black market was non existent unless some boy went to mexico and made a run, I remember paying $40 a pop for pre loads so I laugh when people claim we were high dosers back then -obviously those living in close proximity to mexico had better supply and could do more an we had a chronic abuser here and there. One guy had an injectable d-bol from mexico 25mg/ml oil based from Quimper labs. but any specialty shit was far and way and until the fina kit pellet phase nobody did tren as para was gone by 1996 and finaject was gone in 1987 30 mg/ml. There were snail mail order sources you could risk sending money too in the UK Thailand India and SK as well.

Then when the mexican steroid market blew up in the late 1990's early 2000's people had more options like QV ttokyo et all ...then came the UG madness and "how much can we cram in a mg per ml"craze..even Loeffler and Tornell expanded selection and raised mg/ml to stay in the game.

These days there are things that amaze me I see every day with solvents being used of god knows what ...a guy I was training said he was gonna take what the pros were raving about and sent me a list of what was offered to him...never heard of the UG lab but descriptions below:

50mg Testosteron PhenylPropionate
50mg Trenbolone Acetate
50mg Nandrolone PhenylPropionate
50mg Masteron Propionate
25mg Tbol
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Tbol
25mg Superdrol

25mg Test No Ester
25mg Nandralone No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol
25mg Tbol

TestMastTren 300
100mg Testosterone Phenyl Propionate
100mg Trenbolone Acetate
100mg Masteron Propionate

Superdrol 30mg/ml

Methyltrienolone
3mg/ml )

-Dbol/TNE
50mg Test No ester
50mg Dbol

-Dbol/TNE/Anadrol
50mg Test No Ester
25mg Dbol
25mg Anadrol

-Dbol/TNE/Tren No Ester/Anadrol
25mg Dbol
25mg Test No Ester
25mg Tren No Ester
25mg Anadrol

Guys claim these are the favorite blends of pros...I shudder to think what solvents/chems are being used to get all that in soln of it's even possible.

Either way you guys got it made today, and don't even get me started on GH and peptides and sarms.

Last edited:
Has it happened outside of the compounding pharmacy? Remember seeing a video on that, but haven't kept up on all his videos.

I know my sister in law got under dosed synthroid from her compounding pharmacy for a while, but don't personally know of under dosed/bunk cases outside of compounding pharms.

Neither one was compounded.

Only "cycle" I did before was back in this era. I'm 49 now, starting my first true knowledgable cycle now. Back then? I was 20-21, living in San Deigo and a total gym rat. I trained twice daily at Valley Barbell in El Cajon. I'm sure a few of you old timers have heard of that place. I lived next door to the owner and he got me in.

So anyhow, a pro body builder there befriended me. He was impressed with my hard core dedication. He gave me a small blue bottle with blue pills in it. Told me to take 1 pill for the first week, 2 for the second week, three for the third week and top out at four pills for three weeks, then come down the same way. At the time I was pretty naturally ripped. My bench was a good 8 sets at 315. I got on this stuff and by the time I was into the third pill I noticed some incredible changes. For one, the pumps I was getting was so hard, I couldn't even finish my sets as it felt like my muscles would rip open my skin. By the peak of the cycle, I was benching 365, sets of 8 at 20-21 years old. I walked around like I could kill anything that moved.

Came off the stuff like he told me and kept a lot of my gains. There was no PCT back then. I just felt low for a few weeks and things slowly came back. Probably my age. I was eating like a horse too. I ate everything and still lost fat. I did retain some water though. Great times!

Last edited:
Yes we have spoken about this before. A certain batch of kigtropins comes to mind. I swear my nose hair grew about 1cm in two days :eek::D

Hahaha have you ever had a random hair grow an inch out of your forehead in a day? I used to get that when I was on tons of gear.

interesting

Do you think that bodybuilding was a good use of the limited time you have on earth?

Horrible, horrible waste of time.
:confused::lightbulb:

Only "cycle" I did before was back in this era. I'm 49 now, starting my first true knowledgable cycle now. Back then? I was 20-21, living in San Deigo and a total gym rat. I trained twice daily at Valley Barbell in El Cajon. I'm sure a few of you old timers have heard of that place. I lived next door to the owner and he got me in.

So anyhow, a pro body builder there befriended me. He was impressed with my hard core dedication. He gave me a small blue bottle with blue pills in it. Told me to take 1 pill for the first week, 2 for the second week, three for the third week and top out at four pills for three weeks, then come down the same way. At the time I was pretty naturally ripped. My bench was a good 8 sets at 315. I got on this stuff and by the time I was into the third pill I noticed some incredible changes. For one, the pumps I was getting was so hard, I couldn't even finish my sets as it felt like my muscles would rip open my skin. By the peak of the cycle, I was benching 365, sets of 8 at 20-21 years old. I walked around like I could kill anything that moved.

Came off the stuff like he told me and kept a lot of my gains. There was no PCT back then. I just felt low for a few weeks and things slowly came back. Probably my age. I was eating like a horse too. I ate everything and still lost fat. I did retain some water though. Great times!

Yeah, I took the same stuff. I think that was Ciba Dbol. Were the pills blue too? I was also told to pyramid up and down and did. Had great results like you.

The further we get away from things, time wise, the better they were.

Many guys who were average baseball players on my high school team relive their "glory days" and remember it much different than I do. They remember being studs, but never got the "chance" or "break".
I played college and pro ball and have no qualms telling you I feel I got lucky. I don't think I was as good as people thought I was even though I was good.

Same with old high school football players. They were the best on the field, never played college ball. Have a friend that played D1 college and CFL with contract talks with NFL before ACL tear, doesn't constantly talk bout it.

Everyone wants to remember the "good ole days" as the best of the best. Why don't you guys check out the AAS testing thread at Anisci, the ugl gear being tested kinda throws a wrench in the "ugl gear sucks/underdosed" blah blah blah

Last edited:
90's

It astonishing how uneducated some of these guys are about some of the drugs but it just goes to show you that the average Professional Muscle gym rat probably has more knowledge about these compounds than people who have insane genetics and dont have to look into "the secret" as much

Tom Platz talks so slow some of the time its really hard to listen sometimes (probably best to listen doing a cardio session)

Ronnie and Aaron Baker

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XadhUhNbNjo"]Tom Platz Backstage Secrets of Pros pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Baker, Dennis Newman, Chris Cormier

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95_sHeJhGs"]Tom Platz Backstage Secrets of Pros pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Cormier, Lee Priest, Paul Dillett

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igtHzDwL7w"]Tom Platz Backstage Secrets of Pros pt 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131