over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What You Listen to for Top Sets

I'm 46 and I felt like from the year 2000 all the metal is crap. I listened to death and black a lot but now it all sounds fake, can't quite explain it lol. Back around 2000 the bands started to sound all the same, same flailing elbows gestures as they screamed like idiots, like it was all made with the same formula. Yes I know every generation can be like this, they don't feel the evolution went the right way. Anyone else? I want some real grimy Satan worshiping metal and mystical occult shit lol. I'm old.

I'm 46 and I felt like from the year 2000 all the metal is crap. I listened to death and black a lot but now it all sounds fake, can't quite explain it lol. Back around 2000 the bands started to sound all the same, same flailing elbows gestures as they screamed like idiots, like it was all made with the same formula. Yes I know every generation can be like this, they don't feel the evolution went the right way. Anyone else? I want some real grimy Satan worshiping metal and mystical occult shit lol. I'm old.
Give an example of a song you consider an excellent representation of the metal genre
if you would be so kind

No, and so we're all clear that it's not an age thing I'm 37. I'm also a big fan of death metal and black metal, along with deathcore, some progressive stuff (Fallujah, Periphery, etc.), thrash, classic rock - almost every kind of heavier music.

There is more and better metal out today than ever before - whatever style of metal you like, whatever kind of vocals you prefer, there are multiple bands out there doing it exceedingly well. Spend some time browsing Bandcamp and you'll be blown away. The problem today is guys won't put in the work to find these great bands. Or if they do get exposed to them they say they're too heavy, the vocals hurt their ears, etc. I don't know why so many guys turn into pussies with music once they pass 35.

Give an example of a song you consider an excellent representation of the metal genre
if you would be so kind

Hard to think when on the spot lol. One band I thought was great from the 2000s was Yakuza.

I always looking for authenticity and originality lol, hard to define what it means exactly. Old school metal like Metallica's Justice for all specifically, perfect "cadence" (struggle to find a fitting word) for lifting.

One fave is this simple metal. Bolt Thrower. Absolutely perfect for lifting.

Been like 30 years, listened at 15 while training and it still works.

Everyone has their own peculiar tastes.

There is more and better metal out today than ever before - whatever style of metal you like, whatever kind of vocals you prefer, there are multiple bands out there doing it exceedingly well. Spend some time browsing Bandcamp and you'll be blown away. The problem today is guys won't put in the work to find these great bands. Or if they do get exposed to them they say they're too heavy, the vocals hurt their ears, etc. I don't know why so many guys turn into pussies with music once they pass 35.
I know, takes time to find the nuggets. Listen to some 200 songs from a playlist and maybe one is precisely to your tastes. Once you do find something it's a real happy feeling, euphoric lol. Sometimes listen to the same song for hours at a time.

I just thought all these "screamcore" bands were "fake intense" lol.

And what you put on the soundsystem in the gym has to be "pop," not oppressive or too heavy, or the complaints come lol. Sometimes I put on something for 10 seconds and people complain, I'm like, "shut the fuck up, give it a chance!" Real tren rage lol.

No, and so we're all clear that it's not an age thing I'm 37. I'm also a big fan of death metal and black metal, along with deathcore, some progressive stuff (Fallujah, Periphery, etc.), thrash, classic rock - almost every kind of heavier music.

I just spit coffee out of my nose laughing at your pussies over 35 comment. I listened to Phil Collins greatest hits almost the entire workout yesterday. Most of my listening is basically that genre, whitesnake, def leppard, wasp, dokken, ratt, etc.

I do have a theory on the over 35 comment though, because I think it's true. Life is more comfortable. My "intense zone" is in the boardroom, not the weightroom. Training is hard, heavy and focused, but has a much more lighthearted "fun" aspect to it now and listening to such heavy music does not mentally effect me the way it used to. That probably changed from age 32-35.

Same here as the older guys, any older 80-90s rock.
Pop Evil
Godsmack
Metallica
Kid Rock
Rob Zombie / White Zombie
Jackyl
Five Finger Death Punch
And of course G&R

Newer stuff I really like:

P.O.D. I Wont Bow Down (Great song)
Fever 333: Swing
Ekoh: Hole In Your Head

Anyone have a faster or "workout" version of Nine Inch Nails - Hurt??

My god those lyrics but the acoustics are too slow...

Watch the video for Prodigy's 'Smack My Bitch Up' - nothing that'll be burned into your brain buts it's easily one of the best music videos ever.
IIRC it's first-person perspective and the twist at the end is that it's a girl.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131