advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the dumbest "advice" or "fact" that you heard someone give at the gym?

There was a guy that looked to be about 20 doing lat pulldowns on a seated cable machine today. He was wearing a thick black mask that covered his mouth and nose. He kind of reminded me of Tom Hardy playing Bane in "The Dark Knight Rises" (but much more skinny), but he sounded a little more like Darth Vader. I wanted to give him the advice "10-20 years from now you are going to realise how ridiculous you look right now.", but instead I just kept my mouth shut and kept knocking out calf raises.

Dude, does every gym have one of these guys? We've had one at each gym I've been to lol. The one at my current gym rides a motorcycle and comes in and works out with his headgear still on, listening and singing Mexican rap and pop.

Shit you not. Super nice guy lol.

I remember one time this guy tried to convince me that I shouldn't bench with my legs sticking up in the air! I was shredded at 6'2". I worked out in a gym full of noobs who were nowhere near as knowledgeable and buff as I was, so I felt obligated the spread pearls of wisdom from time to time...ya feelin' me? Anyways, I was spotting this weak bastard and he was benching with...get this...his feet on the floor! I know! Right? Pffttt...everybody knows your legs are where you hold all your testosterone... Calmly, I educated this poor cocksucker about proper "heels to the ceiling" technique employed by all the Titans if the Bench Press exercise. Well, in the middle of my knowledge supernova expose', this heterosexually impaired dude who constantly followed me around trying to eavesdrop on my educational sessions, started laughing! Stupid fucker! I didn't get to 150 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal without knowing a thing or three, know what I mean?

With love and respect,
Chad
Ok this was funny and right up my alley
I remember one time this guy tried to convince me that I shouldn't bench with my legs sticking up in the air! I was shredded at 6'2". I worked out in a gym full of noobs who were nowhere near as knowledgeable and buff as I was, so I felt obligated the spread pearls of wisdom from time to time...ya feelin' me? Anyways, I was spotting this weak bastard and he was benching with...get this...his feet on the floor! I know! Right? Pffttt...everybody knows your legs are where you hold all your testosterone... Calmly, I educated this poor cocksucker about proper "heels to the ceiling" technique employed by all the Titans if the Bench Press exercise. Well, in the middle of my knowledge supernova expose', this heterosexually impaired dude who constantly followed me around trying to eavesdrop on my educational sessions, started laughing! Stupid fucker! I didn't get to 150 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal without knowing a thing or three, know what I mean?

With love and respect,
Chad
I hope you guys read OP's original message as well because I was the guy on the bench and thanks to Chad I bench 6 plates now.

This one young man said he wanted to be like an abercrombie and fitch model was told he needed to get leaner. was told he had to do 1.5 hours of cardio a day.
He asked me how i got so lean and how much cardio i had to do. i said, i do 7 min of high intensity cardio post workout. he literally thought i was lying.
My advice to him was if u eat less then u wouldnt have to burn so many calories. (insert lightbulb) he couldnt grasp it tho. still did all his cardio....
-F2S
You'd think that a calorie deficit wouldn't be so hard to understand, but I guess it takes all kinds?!

Full ROM of a movement instead of keeping the tension on the target muscle is a classic one that has been taught in gyms worldwide probably since the inception of gyms.

The list is endless though, should make for a good thread.

Wait, i'm unsure what stance you're taking.
Are you saying that using a full ROM is a stupid thing that people tell you to do at a gym?

with the advent of crossfit and the neverending stream of beachbody videos I hear a ton of horrible advice on a regular basis. The other night I heard a guy telling a newer member that the fastest way for him to attain FULL UPPER BODY SIZE and STRENGTH was to do power snatches!

Dude, does every gym have one of these guys? We've had one at each gym I've been to lol. The one at my current gym rides a motorcycle and comes in and works out with his headgear still on, listening and singing Mexican rap and pop.

He lifts weight with his motorcycle helmet on? Wtf haha that sounds like a parody on YouTube.

He lifts weight with his motorcycle helmet on? Wtf haha that sounds like a parody on YouTube.
Only people I've seen wearing helmets around are mentally handicapped.

There's definitely something a little off with him. He's a pretty big dude. Strong as hell. Nicest guy in the world but I give him his space... Lol. I had no idea how to take the guy when I first started at that gym, dude would just walk up out of nowhere singing what sounds like some pretty grungy shit wearing his motorcycle helmet... Lol. And then kill the weights! I mean goddamn, it's a Crunch Fitness and we're a 'no judgments policy' and all, but I'm amazed no one has complained. You'll see him act like that, then he'll take off his helmet, smiley as shit, and start joking around with other members and staff.

Herbalife

Dude, the worst party about Herbalife is how the pyramid scheme preys on the savings and dreams of first generation Latinos.

Always have one of these fashion weirdos in every gym. Poppa-pump-smurf goes to my gym. Everytime I see him he wears the same outfit which consist of blue everything- Blue compression shirt, Blue leggings, blue shorts and blue hooded sweatshirt-Hood on. He actually somewhat diesel a reminds me of a superhero smurf.

Amway. Anyone who profits off pyramid schemes (aka multi level msrketing) are garbage human beings taking advantage of people who dont know any better.

My mom fell for everyone of these. Cost us thousands and alienated all the good people we knew with her pimping of that shit constantly.

Herbalife, amway, melaleuca, and a few others i dont remember.

Dude, the worst party about Herbalife is how the pyramid scheme preys on the savings and dreams of first generation Latinos.

a friend of mine knew Ethan Etebari (TrinityD) IRL.

he told me that TrinityD told him that you need testosterone to 'transport' other aas into the cells, otherwise, it will be completely ineffective.

in other words, cycles without testosterone don't do anything.

a friend of mine knew Ethan Etebari (TrinityD) IRL.

he told me that TrinityD told him that you need testosterone to 'transport' other aas into the cells, otherwise, it will be completely ineffective.

in other words, cycles without testosterone don't do anything.

You should have listen to his advice. I heard he was a Guru at these things. :rolleyes:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear