advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the main reason for huge guys now compared to the 80`s?

Is slin really that effective?

I'm not questioning you guys, I just have very little knowledge about that stuff

I would think it has to do a lot with the commercialization of bodybuidling and the fascination with it. What I mean is that the guys in the 80's has their shows, but very few of them, and didn't spend their yr doing a bunch of guest poses, conventions, photo shoots etc

Nowadays these guys are having to market themselves, fulfill contract agreements etc. All of this has probably led to more abuse for longer periods.

Is it higher AAS doses? Slin? HGH?

Which one is mostly responsible?

I would say guys in the 80`s used high AAS, no different to now really so I guess thats discounted.

So it is down to slin and HGH? That combo alone will add 30lb to ones stage weight?

Or is it mainly the 60-80iu per day of slin we see some people report that is the key reason?

People today including the average gym rat take way more chances with their health than was seen in the 80's. more gh, more insulin, more aas drugs in general. young people just blast and cruise now from a young age and are on trt by age 30. They simply don't care. get big or die trying is the theme these days. And we haven't seen anything yet. many many bodybuilders will be dying in the near future.

steriod guru dan duchaine said to not use tren (unless you compete) because of how dangerous and toxic the drug is. yet look around here, it is arguably the most used ass next to test. most the people that abuse it on this site will never even compete. you didn't see this recklessness in the 80's. the bb were more concerned with their health. the people with the genetics competed, unlike today were people with lousy genetics and training ethic try to compensate by blasting drugs and not even getting blood work.

What is making more and more of them die before they reach 50 anyway? Mat Duvall, Nasser El Sonbaty, Erik Fromm, Art Atwood and countless more died who were competing in the 2000s.

Drug abuse. people here will try to justify their own abuse by saying "he must of had a genetic health condition." No, just a drug induced one.

People today including the average gym rat take way more chances with their health than was seen in the 80's. more gh, more insulin, more aas drugs in general. young people just blast and cruise now from a young age and are on trt by age 30. They simply don't care. get big or die trying is the theme these days. And we haven't seen anything yet. many many bodybuilders will be dying in the near future.

steriod guru dan duchaine said to not use tren (unless you compete) because of how dangerous and toxic the drug is. yet look around here, it is arguably the most used ass next to test. most the people that abuse it on this site will never even compete. you didn't see this recklessness in the 80's. the bb were more concerned with their health. the people with the genetics competed, unlike today were people with lousy genetics and training ethic try to compensate by blasting drugs and not even getting blood work.

You make a good point.... Dan Duchaine was crazy & fearless yet his recommendation for a competitor was like 150mg/week. Some people here who run that everyday

Insulin
Hgh
Food

I am sure there were lots of abusers in the 80s like Steve Michalik if I am not mistaken he claimed he was using 10 000mg aas a week, but without lots of hgh,slin and food it is useless. And guys like Vic Richards, Lee Haney, Bertill Fox would beat someone like Phil Heath onstage if they would compete today and have tools like Phil has

Knowledge and lack of fear have progressed. There's a saying "what you do in moderation, your children will do in excess. " Most guys in the 80s wouldnt go over certain dosages because it was unknown territory, let alone afford Gj or try slin...as soon as people cross the line, everyone crosses it...then another on is drawn.

GH, Slin, Higher dose AAS, More knowledge on training/diet/rest, More people doing bodybuilding now, so more genetic freaks are being found.

Lots of reasons, I wonder if people will look back at this generation doing 3-4g a week during a cycle and consider that a low dose.

A good question is how far will bodybuilding progress and are we at the limit of muscle growth with guys 280lbs on stage at 5'9...

Look on the bright side, fellas. Im 30 and since I abuse all these drugs the one thing I feel awesome about is I dont have to worry about retirement. Most of us here who abuse a lot of shit will die before we get there. So instead of wasting 5-10 percent of your income on your 401k you can use it to buy MORE drugs and fancier cars n shit. :p

Why does everyone blame it on the drugs I mean yeah they are a contributing factor but we also need to look at the advancements in training, nutrition and supplementation. I mean look at some natural bodybuilders these days you can't tell me with everything we've learned over the years with just these three elements has not made some pretty significant changes as well.

All intelligent training programs pretty amount yield the same results as much as people want to try to deny it. I'm sure you have guys eating just as much back then as far as nutrition goes so that's a moot point. And supplementation? You mean creatine and glutamine? Doubtful.

Is slin really that effective?

I'm not questioning you guys, I just have very little knowledge about that stuff

Slin is very individual. I've never noticed crazy gains like others have and I didn't use baby doses either.

It's not the training and supplementation.

It is the slin, GH, and synthol abuse. Period.

What makes you so sure? How do you know what everyone was taking?

He don't know SHIT. Guys who post crap like that pretending like they know something, know nothing.

I've read a few posts with the word, "abuse" in them. What's is the line that divides abuse and not abusing aas, slin, gh, etc.?

Whats the main reason for huge guys now compared to the 80`s?

The tremendous amount of horrible 'advice' available thanks to the wonderful internet....

Wait a minute, I thought everything you read on the internet was correct?;)

My take on the matter is a better understanding of the body in relation to muscle growth through diet, training and refining drug usage.

For example, the basic equipment used. I used to work with a company that manufactured fitness equipment supplying many of the states in the US...you may have even used some of the stuff I worked on...lol.

Back in the day, super tall benches, angle-iron manufactured components, really archaic designs. With the advent of modern machinery manufacturing design, CAD and other advances, new equipment is far superior to old stuff. Granted, the old standard movements haven't changed i.e. squat...but many of the accessory movements have changed with the advancement of machinery.

Put it all together with refined cycles, better diet routines and workout regimen's, results improve.

Last edited:
He don't know SHIT. Guys who post crap like that pretending like they know something, know nothing.

I've read a few posts with the word, "abuse" in them. What's is the line that divides abuse and not abusing aas, slin, gh, etc.?

At 53 and 34 years of training, I say I know a little. 12 shows and no worse then a 4th place finish, and winning 2 regional shows. I trained with Pros and top level BBs too. Don Ross was a personal friend. ( He died of a heart attack at 44) You can also look at a picture here close to 50 and 5% BF. But hey, please enlighten me to your vast knowledge and how you know me and I don't know Shit. :rolleyes:

The fine line will be when you are in a hospital or dead, I guess. The sad thing in all this is it won't effect some, until later age.

Quote from Mark Twain: Better to shut your mouth and appear stupid, then open it and remove all doubt.

What makes you so sure? How do you know what everyone was taking?

On the flip side, how does anyone know what these guys take NOW??? Everyone ASSUMES but no one REALLY knows.....GENETICS are key and will always trump the average gym rat taking 3-4g of gear a week.....it's just that the average gym rat doesn't want to believe that he doesn't have elite genetics for bb'ing....

It's my belief that GH and Slin HAVE made a huge difference but I still hafta laugh when guys claim that it's ALL drugs....genetics determine how you will look period.....

Nutrition, supps, drugs, the rise of the "guru" or coaches, the internet, have ALL played a part in the new level of size of today's monsters, but IMO the genetics have always been there.....

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear