advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the main reason for huge guys now compared to the 80`s?

genetics absolutely, evolution man,,part my job as strength coach i have to go evaluate high school kids sometimes man u know how damn often it was to see a kid 6'5" when i was growing up it was rare,,,shit now thats damn near the cut off for div 1 lineman,,,skilled guys running 4.35 as freshman that shit did not happen 20-30 yrs ago,,,maybe bo jackson but its everywhere now,,,so it same in all sports including bodybuilding, mma whatever

I'd have to respectfully disagree regarding genetics and your analogy. Changes in food process's (drugs used) in animals to increase size/production.

Take women for example, they are having earlier menstrual cycles, larger breasts and growth spurts are changing. I suppose this could be evolution. I do feel there is a correlation between food and it's prep/process over the years. It's hard to get "natural" food sources now...if you do, it typically costs quite a bit more. Is 30 years enough time for to see such a large measurable difference in humans and attribute that to evolution/genetics? The kids you're looking at are probably only 1 generation old.

You also have to look into the overall genetic pool of people. When I was born, I was 4kgs (9.5lbs). Back in the 70s that was a ridiculous weight for a baby. Most babies were around 2-3kg. Now almost every baby is in the 7-10lbs range. Genetic evolution? Probably to a certain degree, but I would put more emphasis on the amount of hormones used in what we put in our bodies everyday.

Modern higher birth weight is a combination of, more children survive with C-section(larger babies died without it), and smoking and drinking while pregnant much lower.

Very interesting, I didn't realize human genetics had changed since the 80s

Yes drugs, training, and nutrition have a lot to do with the development of the huge bodybuilders of the day. Even more so may be the larger pool of athletes (genetics) that bodybuilding is now drawing from. Human genetics are costantly evolving... Every generation for hundreds of years has been slightly evolved in a multitude of ways. Look at the average hight over the last 100 years. You will see a very interesting trend. As a species we have grown over 4 inches. Hight may be slightly effected by environmental and nutritional factors but is mostly dependent on genetics. Now this genetic predisposition for increased hight was most definitely impacted by nutritional improvements within this timeframe but that is the definition of evolution! We adapt to our environment. Our environment includes a general wealth of calories and abundance of nutritional support. We will continue to grow in size and advance in athleticism. These kids today a fucking freaks! Running 4.3 40s and jumping over 40in weighing 230ibs! Shit I personally have seen a 6'3 320ib high schooler run a 4.7 40 yard dash and jump 34 inches! The kid was a jr. And never used a fuckin thing but protien and creatine. I worked with him that summer to bring up his power and he was damn near as strong as me in most the basic compound movements. What really floored me was when he would talk about the guys that were "bigger and faster than him that he was competing with for scholorships. Ndamukong Suh was one of those guys... Fucking straight freak... Genes are being expressed and they are saying bigger.., stronger.., faster! Feed your children well boys!!! :)

Last edited:
For those that think genetics have improved.

first would require selective breeding. And even if done its very hard to do with modern ethics.

With a dog you breed 2 dogs with the hopes of getting one pup with ideal genetics and line breed (inbreeding) in hopes of getting perticular traits. In dogs this takes a decade to reach

humans have a longer age to maturity, low litter rate(I threw that in to annoy people), and not to mention incest is illegal in most countries...it would still require over 100years to reach the difference you see on stage today, if it were only genetic differences of pros today vs the 80's

Large dose AAS (5+grams weekly, insulin abuse, hgh, and synthol).

i think a lot of our talk regarding genetics is definitely true, athletes are getting better. But i think the OP was wondering what was the magic secret that made then and now so different. Simple, insulin and affordable GH. higher doses of AAS, maybe, but name any drug in the world and i guarantee someone has taken more, its the same now as it was then.

first would require selective breeding. And even if done its very hard to do with modern ethics.

With a dog you breed 2 dogs with the hopes of getting one pup with ideal genetics and line breed (inbreeding) in hopes of getting perticular traits. In dogs this takes a decade to reach

humans have a longer age to maturity, low litter rate(I threw that in to annoy people), and not to mention incest is illegal in most countries...it would still require over 100years to reach the difference you see on stage today, if it were only genetic differences of pros today vs the 80's

correct, it has not been enough time for this factor to take place, its the drugs plain and simple.

EliLillyLogo.jpg

not my biz but let say your married,,you have children? they have a dna code i hope,,,i know i have a 15yr old daughter im 5'10" ex wife 6'1' both of us played college sports guess what a daughter is our badass athelte who at 15 is already her mothers height with college's already bugging the shit out of them you think if ronnie coleman has a child and in 10 yrs they start lifting using gear they not going to have some serious genetic potential,,,yes gene pool changes, it improves thats not even complicated biology my god,,,i work with college athletes everyday each yr,,,you think the freshman i c coming in r getting worse from yr to yr hell no,,,has nfl changed since the 80's naw players have gotten smaller, slower fuck no,,,they badass, same with nba, same with mma, same with nhl, same with bodybuilding fuck same in tennis

Irrelevant.

It has nothing to do with evolution.

Bigger population = More Bodybuilders = More Genetic Freaks

Agree with your post. Some of these posts demonstrate why bodybuilders aren't generally thought to be rocket scientists. Actually the theories of genetic evolution in a decade or whatever are actually quite amusing..not even worth getting into...lots of broscience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

Some evolution is very obvious. Like the size of the average women. Average size in the 50/60's was a 6. Nowadays the average women is a size 14.

Some evolution is very obvious. Like the size of the average women. Average size in the 50/60's was a 6. Nowadays the average women is a size 14.

hell, men and woman are fatter even compared to 25 years ago,thats different

genetics absolutely, evolution man,,part my job as strength coach i have to go evaluate high school kids sometimes man u know how damn often it was to see a kid 6'5" when i was growing up it was rare,,,shit now thats damn near the cut off for div 1 lineman,,,skilled guys running 4.35 as freshman that shit did not happen 20-30 yrs ago,,,maybe bo jackson but its everywhere now,,,so it same in all sports including bodybuilding, mma whatever

You must have grown up in the 1700's. I'm sorry bro, but in the 80's every D1 program had many many many kids over 6'5". Now, as far as skilled guys running 4.35 40's, there might be 1 or 2 in the NCAA every year, like there always was. 4.35 is flying, hell 4.5 is flying. While I agreee that across the board, in every position, modern football players are quicker, when you get to the top level, there's not much difference.

Also, as far as genetics go...we do not carry only direct contributions from our parents but also recessive genes from their forebearers that may express in you or your progeney

You must have grown up in the 1700's. I'm sorry bro, but in the 80's every D1 program had many many many kids over 6'5". Now, as far as skilled guys running 4.35 40's, there might be 1 or 2 in the NCAA every year, like there always was. 4.35 is flying, hell 4.5 is flying. While I agreee that across the board, in every position, modern football players are quicker, when you get to the top level, there's not much difference.

Also, as far as genetics go...we do not carry only direct contributions from our parents but also recessive genes from their forebearers that may express in you or your progeney

That was a long time ago.

it's evolution, the human race is getting bigger. at least in the USA.

Americans getting fatter isn't exactly considered evolving.

i think a lot of our talk regarding genetics is definitely true, athletes are getting better. But i think the OP was wondering what was the magic secret that made then and now so different. Simple, insulin and affordable GH. higher doses of AAS, maybe, but name any drug in the world and i guarantee someone has taken more, its the same now as it was then.

Right now a vial of Riptropin is right at around 12 dollars and 50 cents. How much were people paying for legit GH in 1990?

Great grandfather=5'8, grandmother= 5'7
Great grandfather=5'6, grandfather=5'7, father=5'10
>Me=6'2 1/2
Great grandfather=5'9, grandfather=5'10, mother=5'5
Great grandfather=6'0, grandmother= 5'4

That is a accurate representation of my personal family tree... I am 4 and a half inches taller than anyone in my recent gene pool... I have three cousins that are 6'2-6'4. All coming from parents that were of similar heights to my parents. In fact they are actually slightly shorter. I don't know how this occurs within normal genetic variance.., but I guess its possible...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131