YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the most dangerous health markers for a bb?

bigdog123

Banned
After all the threads recently it got me thinking.

Is it high blood pressure, high blood glucose, excessive orals stressing the liver and kidney function, extreme weight gain, extreme food intakes, diuretics, pain killers, very poor cardiovascular system?

What's the main contributory factors in all the heart and kidney issues we are seeing more now than ever before?

I'm assuming it's high blood pressure in isolation but realise that many guys have a number of the above issues.

High blood pressure probably number one. Inflammation is up there too. There are so many others too but most of these things are all related to some degree.

id agree with high BP. If the top number is over 130..chances are your heart and kidney are taking a beating.

Blood pressure, lipids, and creatinine (as a marker of kidney function--24hr clearance test would be better) would be my top 3. Add fasting glucose if in a bulk / using gh or slin. Liver function tests if abusing orals.

Depends on how you're testing, common side effects of AAS like LVH arent detectable via blood work. I also think you're going to have alot of variance on what marker is the most dangerous, alot of heredity will impact that. I'd probably agree on the inflammation being the universal marker of bad things to come.

High blood pressure probably number one. Inflammation is up there too. There are so many others too but most of these things are all related to some degree.

x2

I think insulin sensitivity is extremely important as well. If that is off for long periods it's really bad for the heart. As you posted most are connected to a large degree. Slightly going off track but I think the abuse of hgh in the last decade is a major factor in what we are seeing with bodybuilders general health. From the enlarging of organs to the effects on insulin resistance it's likely one of the main reasons (there are a few) for all the heart attacks we see now.

I think a combination of HBP, and untreated blood sugar issues. Uncontrolled diabetes is what caused all of my dad's vascular degeneration according to his doctor. When he had his surgery, the docs said his heart looked good....it was the vascular system that supplied the heart that was bad.

He's had quad-bypass and a myriad of stents. But his last set of tests showed his heart tissue and EF was fine.

He said that is why it's so important to monitor a diabetics eyes as they contain some of the smaller vessels that tend to show the progressive damage from uncontrolled high blood sugar first.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Lots of good info shared here.

I think what we do is so much correlated to shortening of telomeres that it's mind boggling in a way.

Bodybuilder diets and lifestyles are very pro-inflammatory; senescent cells spread all throughout the body as a result of poor telomere length and inflammation is probably the number one cause of many diseases and cancers we succumb to later in our life. So whether it's sudden death now or chronic illnesses later; I think change in our diets and lifestyle choices (get some sleep guys) will play just as big of a role as drugs later down the road.

I'd wanna run a CRP test on a lot of top pros fo see how their bodies are holding up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

good questions / topic

Blood pressure (the silent killer), lipid profile, echo and stress cardiogram and
the often forgotten CT heart without contrast. Mine is below. I am sure I
missing other important tests and to be completely transparent, my total
cholesterol is about 230, my ratios are not that great but there is zero family
history of heart disease. Now . . . you look at my my wife, a vegetarian for 30+
years, healthiest, fittest person I know, now a vegan, has higher total
cholesterol than me but her ratios are great . . . go figure. No statins for me
(been there, done that) although my heart doc would love to put me back on
them regardless of my test results :banghead:

Attachments

• CT heart without contrast.JPG
    CT heart without contrast.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 323
Ideally EVERYTHING should be in normal range, everything on blood work, blood pressure, estrogen etc.

Don't listen to the "it's normal for athletes" to have high this or high that if you want health to be a priority

Apnea episodes per hour is a VERY important number that shouldn't be neglected.

Apnea episodes per hour is a VERY important number that shouldn't be neglected.

Lol forgot about this one because I've been on CPAP for almost 2 years now. You're absolutely right. Mine was almost 5x the threshold for severe apnea per hour and I had no way of knowing it without a sleep study--a ticking time bomb on my health (and my sanity) for sure.

Keep in mind I'm not even close to a bigger guy here--I had some hereditary factors (narrow airway being the main one) that made it far worse than others--I would have never ever known this on my own.

Best thing I ever did to improve my quality of life alone was having that sleep study and getting my apnea treated.

high blood pressure? high blood pressure is not even close to being the most dangerous marker,,,not even close

i have had high blood pressure, then it goes back down, usually it takes very little to get back down (cut out the tren, or orals, or lose some weight, stop bulking and cut, start actually doing cardio).

you can change your blood pressure

now, if you get a test that shows your pissing a ton of protein in your urine or your creatinine is above 2.0, you in some trouble, your life might be about to change in a very big way and doing a little cardio or losing 20lbs isn't going to save you

that means your kidneys are fucked

high blood pressure? high blood pressure is not even close to being the most dangerous marker,,,not even close

i have had high blood pressure, then it goes back down, usually it takes very little to get back down (cut out the tren, or orals, or lose some weight, stop bulking and cut, start actually doing cardio).

now, if you get a test that shows your pissing a ton of protein in your urine or your creatinine is above 2.0, you in some trouble, your life might be about to change in a very big way and doing a little cardio or losing 20lbs isn't going to save you

Why do you think people start pissing protein in the first place?

From high blood pressure over many years destroying kidneys!!

"Guns arent dangerous, bullets kill people!" Well WTF fires the bullet

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have experimented and learned intermittent fasting is the number one way to alleviate these problems combined with a low sugar diet high in healthy complex carbs and healthy fats and protein. Try eating once or twice a day. Start with a 8 hour eating window and narrow it down gradually to one meal a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

But high blood pressure is the first problem that leaaaddds to everything else. Heart growth...from high blood pressure. Kidney stress...from high blood pressure.

If you have sleep apnea and don't get treatment for it, you'll slowly lose the war. In terms of all the shit that can go wrong with a bodybuilder, sleep apnea is the base of the pyramid and it all funnels up from there.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear