over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who likes hot sauce?

I love spicy food. And I can handle some pretty intense spice. But, the Nashville Chicken at Hattie B's (Nashville) Shut the Cluck Up tapped me out. I could not finish it despite the amazing taste. It seared off my taste buds and I was sweating more than a widow maker set of squats.
Hattie's was the first REAL version of NHC that I tried, before I started working on building up my ability to eat "super hots" as Trippplep called them lol. I took one bite of the Shut the cluck up, and I was done. Sucked on ice cubes non-stop for the next half hour.

Most NHC places these days primarily serve their chicken in sandwiches with comeback sauce etc that really takes the kick out of even the spiciest versions, which has its pros and cons. You can enjoy the flavor of the hottest version without experiencing much of any mouth pain, but about 20 minutes later your stomach will start to act up.

You guys are nuts who are eating the super hots. I love spice but can't handle a certain level. For one, I will get hiccups if I do not have much in my stomach first. Oddly the hiccups go away if I drink a sugary drink. The last time I worked up my tolerance to heat I put two habaneros in one plate of stir-fry. I could not stop hiccuping, it was so funny. Since then I decided I'm not made for the super hots. Yup, hiccups and going to work thinking I may shit fire unexpectedly at any moment swayed my thought process.

I used to grow a lot of super hot peppers but now only grow mostly jalapeños, chili peppers as that is what I mostly enjoy now. I'll toss them on my smoker and make some really tasty flavors. I'll then dry the pepper and grind it to make a pepper powder. I find that much easier to gauge for cooking compared to just tossing in a pepper into a meal or frying pan. And, whenever I get brave and toss a habanero powder on/in anything I am reminded how its several steps up from a jalapeño. Right now I'm working on a huge sack of chili pepper powder and I toss it in nearly every cooked meal. Also using a cherry smoked jalapeño powder that turned out really well.
The "super hots" are for me a fun challenge. I cannot and will not do extreme heat on a regular basis. Jalapeno peppers are a great level of heat for everyday cooking. Plenty of heat, great flavor.

Habaneros definitely arent for beginners, especially not raw fresh and unadulterated.

Crystal while not super hot has a great flavor & in my 30 years of professional cooking I’ve never found a base hot sauce for chicken wings better than Crystal. Notice I said base because I do throw some other sauces in depending on the heat level. As for another couple great flavor hot sauces Slap Ya Mama jalapeños peppers sauce & their red peppers sauce...not really hot but good for flavoring. Cajun & Creole oh yeah.... Tony Chachere is fantastic! I’ve been ordering a lot of Jamaican food lately & when I asked for extra spicy jerk chicken the other day they sent me some ground Jamaican scotch bonnet pepper sauce & that was pretty damn hot being fresh ground...lol!

Crystal while not super hot has a great flavor & in my 30 years of professional cooking I’ve never found a base hot sauce for chicken wings better than Crystal. Notice I said base because I do throw some other sauces in depending on the heat level. As for another couple great flavor hot sauces Slap Ya Mama jalapeños peppers sauce & their red peppers sauce...not really hot but good for flavoring. Cajun & Creole oh yeah.... Tony Chachere is fantastic! I’ve been ordering a lot of Jamaican food lately & when I asked for extra spicy jerk chicken the other day they sent me some ground Jamaican scotch bonnet pepper sauce & that was pretty damn hot being fresh ground...lol!
I agree completely. I only make Buffalo wings with crystal hot sauce

I agree completely. I only make Buffalo wings with crystal hot sauce
Crystal should be on every restaurant table like salt and pepper.

Crystal should be on every restaurant table like salt and pepper.
I have never even heard of it. I am from SoCal and you cannot find that in chain grocery stores. For Buffalo Wings, the typical sauce is Franks. I will order a bottle on the internet to try it.

I have never even heard of it. I am from SoCal and you cannot find that in chain grocery stores. For Buffalo Wings, the typical sauce is Franks. I will order a bottle on the internet to try it.
Think franks red hot....but thinner. Not thick like franks. And it’s got a tangier, more authentic chili taste to it. Heat level is on par with franks

If you don't like it really hot like we do, try the Dirty Dick's Hot Pepper Tropical. (middle right). Dave's is my favorite. But they're all good depending on what you're eating. I need to pop the cherry on that sushi kit in the back. She put it on my hot sauce cart. Women...🙄

20210507_004046.jpg

I live in san diego I feel like when it comes to hot sauces I am spoiled (salsa at least)
I have also been all over mexico and tried the salsas there, I make it right out the stone molcajete old school. I have never liked Tobasco sauce I think it is gross. just my opinion, the american food here sucks too though, after visiting the south I feel like san diego is lacking in american food besides a few select steak houses.

It’s not a hot sauce per se....but if you’re a fan of Asian foods you absolutely have to get a bottle of chili crisp oil. Add it to stir fries, soups and ramens, noodles, on fried eggs. It’s seriously addicting. This is the one you want.
omg this stuff is a must in ramen and pho , sambal is ok too, i cant find this at the normal grocery stores but wheneve I eat asian i hook that up and the sweettangy hibiscus or plum sauce or whatever it is too

I live in san diego I feel like when it comes to hot sauces I am spoiled (salsa at least)
I have also been all over mexico and tried the salsas there, I make it right out the stone molcajete old school. I have never liked Tobasco sauce I think it is gross. just my opinion, the american food here sucks too though, after visiting the south I feel like san diego is lacking in american food besides a few select steak houses.

Even though technically salsa means sauce...it’s not hot sauce. Hot sauces can be added into salsa.

Salsa & hot sauce are 2 different things....salsa can be hot & spicy but it’s not hot sauce.

Some of my faves are crystal, red rooster, Texas Pete, Louisiana red and green gold, china’s, franks, Cholula, valentina’s, tapatio(I live in Az, tons of Mexican food means lots of hot sauce)

was just about to say valentina. Cheap and tasty

Red tobasco is ok on bacon. Not otherwise

Green tobasco is good on eggs or steak but not my first choice

Southern thing. It's all over the shelves of every southeast grocery store, even gas stations! It actually is used right alongside salt and pepper in a lot of restaurants

I think Cholula and Melinda's are my favorite for commonly available mild sauce. Yucateco, as well. I'm also a big fan of trader Joe's Green Dragon sauce which is a tomatillo base

♥️ 20210507_035354.jpg

I just checked, we have:

-Franks red hot buffalo wing sauce
-Buffalo Wild Wings jerk sauce
-G. Hughes: Sweet and Spicy sauce, Thai Chili sauce, and Jerk Sauce
-2x Taco Bell hot sauce bottles
-2x Taco Bell Fire sauce bottles
-1 big bottle Valentina hot sauce (Yellow label)
-2x small tabasco hot sauce bottles
-1 bottle Salsa Huicho hot sauce
-3x large bottle Tapatio hot sauce
-1x large bottle Cholula hot sauce
-1 bottle La Victoria mild/red taco sauce
-1 bottle La Victoria green/mild taco sauce
-1 bottle Vietnamese chili garlic sauce
-1 bottle Sriracha

Then a bunch of rubs and powders etc....like a shit ton, lol.

Saw this one in the store today while shopping for taco ingredients and figured it was worth a shot.... First ingredient on the label is ghost pepper

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_180600900.jpg
    IMG_20210824_180600900.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210824_180621288.jpg
    IMG_20210824_180621288.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 2
Saw this one in the store today while shopping for taco ingredients and figured it was worth a shot.... First ingredient on the label is ghost pepper
I have it here. It's pretty darn hot. I give it 7/10 but use caution because my 9's will melt your face. Try it and tell me what you think. I use the Dave's regular for flavor. The ghost pepper brings the heat but not as much flavor. But add 1 drop or 2 to a bowl of chili and hoooodoggie! You got a whole new animal.

I have it here. It's pretty darn hot. I give it 7/10 but use caution because my 9's will melt your face. Try it and tell me what you think. I use the Dave's regular for flavor. The ghost pepper brings the heat but not as much flavor. But add 1 drop or 2 to a bowl of chili and hoooodoggie! You got a whole new animal.
I just poured a good 5-6 fat douses into the end of my taco and took a bite

Yup, it's definitely got some heat 😂😂😂

Didn't read the whole thread. I've definitely loved some different hotsauses. I'm on a Tabasco Chipotle kick right now. It's not a lot of hear but great smokey flavor

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear