advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whole blood or double red cell donation?

Has your treating physician run an anemia panel or specifically looking at your iron parameters?

You might be one of those outliners that has minimal responsiveness from this funky little PDE7B gene. Which is responsible for cleaving esterified fatty acids from injectable steroids. homonunculus and I both have talked about this separately, in previous threads. That's just a wild thought thrown out there.

Or, are you injecting in scar tissue and it's not dissipating very well? At 175mg you should be 1300ng +.

Are you injecting in and around the same sites?

https://insights.ovid.com/pubmed?pmid=21383644

Last edited:
You might be one of those outliners that has minimal responsiveness from this funky little PDE7B gene. Which is responsible for cleaving esterified fatty acids from injectable steroids. homonunculus and I both have talked about this separately, in previous threads. That's just a wild thought thrown out there.

Or, are you injecting in scar tissue and it's not dissipating very well? At 175mg you should be 1300ng +.

Are you injecting in and around the same sites?

https://insights.ovid.com/pubmed?pmid=21383644

I have had iron and anemia panels run before and I'm always borderline. I just had an insurance change so I've got a brand new doc and starting over with everything, I had requested iron panel, but it wasn't on the bloodwork request, not sure why, so will have to ask again next time. Maybe just oversight.

I had decent numbers on the same amount of test years ago but the numbers just keep sliding. I will read up on the gene.

I WILL absolutely make sure I'm rotating spots better. I have been injecting in the same areas so will switch those up more, thanks for pointing that out.

Stevie is the blood guy around here. He knows more than most hemo docs as far as rare occurrence with blood.

Tring to finger out you blood yourself or without a doctor that has been in the field a long time is a shot in the dark. My trt urologist spent 20 years volunteering in a blood bank of blood facility and has great feed back when it come to number but he will even say everyone and their blood is very situational especially when on trt. On top of that the older you get the trickyer things become.

If you out of range and are doing everything else right( good diet with other bloods fine) he said if your under 45 years old he not worried about high hemo but is very worried when their is high platelet with it, which most likely there is. On top of that he said donation will work for the first few times but the more you “have” to go the more he starts seeing issues. And here’s where the blow come............you then have to lower your dose by a lot if not off.

There are tricks that ppl claim work to keep it down like more frequent pins in fat and sooo on but the point is get you shit checked guys. You can always gets blood for ververy cheap now.

Stevie is the blood guy around here. He knows more than most hemo docs as far as rare occurrence with blood.

Tring to finger out you blood yourself or without a doctor that has been in the field a long time is a shot in the dark. My trt urologist spent 20 years volunteering in a blood bank of blood facility and has great feed back when it come to number but he will even say everyone and their blood is very situational especially when on trt. On top of that the older you get the trickyer things become.

If you out of range and are doing everything else right( good diet with other bloods fine) he said if your under 45 years old he not worried about high hemo but is very worried when their is high platelet with it, which most likely there is. On top of that he said donation will work for the first few times but the more you “have” to go the more he starts seeing issues. And here’s where the blow come............you then have to lower your dose by a lot if not off.

There are tricks that ppl claim work to keep it down like more frequent pins in fat and sooo on but the point is get you shit checked guys. You can always gets blood for ververy cheap now.

Yep, that's why I come here. I'm no bodybuilder and really don't belong here, but the real world knowledge here is second to none. My only option is to keep lowering the dose. Platelets are low/normal.

Here's a question. (Forgive the ignorance):

If I cut my dose down will the hemoglobin eventually lower through cardio or is donating the only option to bring it down once it's this high?

Thanks

Here's a question. (Forgive the ignorance):

If I cut my dose down will the hemoglobin eventually lower through cardio or is donating the only option to bring it down once it's this high?

Thanks

From my experience it wont go down much, really just seems to slow down the climb of the Hgb. Even when I would cruise on 250 mg/wk, it still would climb some. Now I take 100 mg/wk and it still gets too high and I need a phlebotomy within 3 months usually.

A RBC has a life of about 3 to 4 months I think, so if you are wanting your level to go down you are basically waiting that long for the cells to die off and hopefully not be replaced by new ones. So in my experience, if your hgb is too high now you need to do a phlebotomy and lower your dose so that hopefully it doesn't get that high again. Its been my experience that even just taking 100 mg/wk makes it so I still need to get them done about 3 times a year or more. That's me.

From my experience it wont go down much, really just seems to slow down the climb of the Hgb. Even when I would cruise on 250 mg/wk, it still would climb some. Now I take 100 mg/wk and it still gets too high and I need a phlebotomy within 3 months usually.

A RBC has a life of about 3 to 4 months I think, so if you are wanting your level to go down you are basically waiting that long for the cells to die off and hopefully not be replaced by new ones. So in my experience, if your hgb is too high now you need to do a phlebotomy and lower your dose so that hopefully it doesn't get that high again. Its been my experience that even just taking 100 mg/wk makes it so I still need to get them done about 3 times a year or more. That's me.

Understood. Thanks.

I'm probably going to have to drop a lot to get evened out.

Funny thing is Dr. says not to drop it, but donate again, b/c test levels are not great, but I don't see an option other than lowering the dose.

Understood. Thanks.

Funny thing is Dr. says not to drop it, but donate again, b/c test levels are not great, but I don't see an option other than lowering the dose.

One thing that helped me keep mine down now that I am on TRT through my endo is to make sure I don't take any iron supplements. I switched to taking a senior's multi because they don't have any iron in them. Once I did that, it got a lot easier to keep mine down some. For awhile I was having to go get a phlebotomy every month. That actually went on for several years and I was only on 100 mg.wk. Stopping all iron supplements was on the recommendation of my hematologist/oncologist.

One thing that helped me keep mine down now that I am on TRT through my endo is to make sure I don't take any iron supplements. I switched to taking a senior's multi because they don't have any iron in them. Once I did that, it got a lot easier to keep mine down some. For awhile I was having to go get a phlebotomy every month. That actually went on for several years and I was only on 100 mg.wk. Stopping all iron supplements was on the recommendation of my hematologist/oncologist.

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to lower my dose and try to get my numbers squared away. Test numbers are going to be in the dumps again, but I don't see any other options.

Understood. Thanks.

Sorry in advance I am typing from the phone that sucks so if it doesn’t make sense I apologize.

I think the length of how long it takes for a red blood cell to “die” 120 day average,off is the big problem. These compounds were used because of the rise in rbc. So the compounding of it high and always making more red cells while every other cell take relatively short to be removed. My opinion with the drugs and the cells create a compounding issue eventually This throws the body off.

As you have already stated that you body is a machine at figuring out what’s going on so these big shot of test used to put your number through the ruff. This is why we become tolerant to all drugs and Now the body recognizes I’m going to get a big dose so let’s hold off producing not just testosterone but other hormones.

Sucks but I’d try the sub j protocols or the micro dosing method in lowering your dose. Also I am hearing good thing about transdermal helping in this situation because it is a more natural way to the body to respond.( don’t knock until you try)

Options
1) lower your dose to 125-1175, twice a week injection
2) pin Ed shallow small pins into muscle with a weekly dose adoup to above.
3) inject long ester 10-25 mg into fat eod or 3 times a week.
4) drop all test for a month or to just to see if they fall but they probably won’t because once they are up there they like to hold. 1290 days
5) the creams( they hav3 gotten a lot better apparently getting into the body), I know everyone say they don’t wont blah blah blah, but you are in a different situation. So get a cream dose and dosing schedule that put you 600-900 total with a good free test. And dose it twice a day. You will also have need to check all other hormones to try to create the most homeostasis environment as possible. I’ll try to find this trt doc that has mastered this protocol and send to you if you wanna try.

This is about health with you not bodybuilding so your not worried about maximizing test for growth you just wanna feel better.

Last edited:
Sorry in advance I am typing from the phone that sucks so if it doesn’t make sense I apologize.

I think the length of how long it takes for a red blood cell to “die” 120 day average,off is the big problem. These compounds were used because of the rise in rbc. So the compounding of it high and always making more red cells while every other cell take relatively short to be removed. My opinion with the drugs and the cells create a compounding issue eventually This throws the body off.

As you have already stated that you body is a machine at figuring out what’s going on so these big shot of test used to put your number through the ruff. This is why we become tolerant to all drugs and Now the body recognizes I’m going to get a big dose so let’s hold off producing not just testosterone but other hormones.

Sucks but I’d try the sub j protocols or the micro dosing method in lowering your dose. Also I am hearing good thing about transdermal helping in this situation because it is a more natural way to the body to respond.( don’t knock until you try)

Options
1) lower your dose to 125-1175, twice a week injection
2) pin Ed shallow small pins into muscle with a weekly dose adoup to above.
3) inject long ester 10-25 mg into fat eod or 3 times a week.
4) drop all test for a month or to just to see if they fall but they probably won’t because once they are up there they like to hold. 1290 days
5) the creams( they hav3 gotten a lot better apparently getting into the body), I know everyone say they don’t wont blah blah blah, but you are in a different situation. So get a cream dose and dosing schedule that put you 600-900 total with a good free test. And dose it twice a day. You will also have need to check all other hormones to try to create the most homeostasis environment as possible. I’ll try to find this trt doc that has mastered this protocol and send to you if you wanna try.

This is about health with you not bodybuilding so your not worried about maximizing test for growth you just wanna feel better.

I dropped to 20/mg daily IM.

I inquired about transdermal etc, Dr. quickly disregarded it as "crazy expensive" compared to injectable. But if creams produce less red blood cells it seems like I need to press this option. I have an HMO so I put in a request for a endo referral, waiting now.

Crap, just got my test results back and I'm at 58.1 for Hematocrit and 6.46 for RBC. My platelets were at the low end of normal though at 201. Although the high hematocrit could be due to the pneumonia I was diagnosed with when I had the blood test done.

Although the high hematocrit could be due to the pneumonia I was diagnosed with when I had the blood test done.

Could be, but probably not making it that high. Maybe it would be lower though without it. Did you talk to your doctor about this?

Great post. I just donated last week and wondered if I should of donated double red. Now I'm glad I just did whole blood.

Don't do double red if you care about performance.

It took me 3-4 months to get my peak endurance back.

Stick to whole blood. Double red can crush Ferritin/Iron as well.

If your HCT is very high like +53%, i would consider double red to quickly bring it down. should drop by 4-6%.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131