over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do you Bodybuild?

BigHilly

Registered
So its getting warmer out here in NYC and Im starting to wear alot less sleeves. Yesterday I random woman in the street walked up to me in amazement over my body. She was like your one of those bodybuilders guys from the magazines right? Im like Im not in magazines yet! LOL Anyways we got to talking about training/diet etc. When she asked me the question why would you do all of this to your body? Whats the point?

I thought about it for a second, and answered I do this because I know 9 out 10 people couldnt do what I do. And that bodybuilding taught me hard work and dedication in all aspects off my life. She was blown away!!!

I love the respect i get from ppl for being big! It also keeps me sane.... ill never be pro or anything like that but i do it for myself... its something for me to keep my mind on when the rest of the world is stressing me out, and i love that all my results or failures are up to me! u can only rely on yourself.... if your not working hard and not getting results the only person you can blame is u.

Because I could not picture me not doing it.its part of my life,and part of who I am.

Just like looking good naked:cool:

I decided to be a "bodybuilder" as a goal for myself , I've been into lifting for 20 years now and figured I needed to step it up a notch.
But I enjoy the knowledge it takes and that I have gained , I like the challenge.

I'm actualy not to fond of the attention it draws everywhere you go but it's a price you pay I suppose.

This year will most likely be my last to compete then I ratchet the training back and move on to somthing else , my son is at the age I was when my dad started taking fishing alot so I guess ill have to get a boat

Like the way it made me look. Now at 39 year old, I just want to stay looking good. Most people my age look like shit. Also, for health now to.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

Because my lovely girlfriend is 10 times more likely to touch my penis on any given day than if i was an out of shape slob.

^^^^

I'd be lying if I said that females had no role in why I want to look good.

To glorify god's creation.

Bodybuilding is something that I can do for me alone. I have a wife and 5 children so most of my life for the last 27 years has been doing for them. I am not complaining mind you; but lifting and sculpting is just for me.
I have a sense of power, purpose, authority, and clarity when I am "On". I enjoy the attention from mortals...lol I mean people. Seriously, ericraven said it. I am 42 and the majority of men my age are starting to look really flabby and bad with huge guts and what not...I know, I was one of them. When I was 275 lbs. of flab and gut not only could I not see my penis without a mirror but it was starting to not work as well as it used too. Now, I feel like a stud again :)
I also want to be a role model to my children and help them meet their fitness needs and goals. I guess that about covers it.

I wanted to be big. I went through high school 145lbs. Popular, but skinny lol. Now im big, so I wanna look good. The perfect combo. Plus women love muscle. At least when matched with my face they do! lol

I'm not so much a bb'er in terms of bulk, but i lift, train and do combat sports, i make sure i do something everyday (i dont over-train though) I can tell what the right amount of training is for my body and push it as far as i can.

I have struggled throughout my life to stick with anything for any length of time (hobbies etc) apart from this. If i don't train for more than a week i feel awful, its the guilt mainly.

It has taught me discipline in lots of different aspects of my life, just thinking about dieting and how much effort and planning goes into a good diet.
I used to be a bit of a loose cannon before combat sports but since since i started over 2 years ago, i haven't been in any fights outside the ring. Even walked away a few times knowing full well that i could beat the living sh1t out of the guy

Most of all its when i'm at a nice low bf% and i spot a girl checking me out. :love:
(it happens with guys too, but that is deffo a jealousy thing haha)

for me, I put in...

commitment, perseverance and determination.

And in return i get to....
feel and look my best almost all of the time.
that sprinkled with the occasional double take from a lady seals the deal for me

Its a lot of effort but definitely worth it.

I don't. I'm a powerlifter because I like picking up heavy shit.

Why? Well, I've stopped asking myself for a long time... training and being in shape is part of my life, just like having a shower, driving my car or seeing friends are. ;)

my penis was way to big for my body so i need to get the rest bigger:p

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.........oh man...wait a sec...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Damn awesome answer....HAHAHAHAHAHA

i like to dress up like superheroes at comic book conventions.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws