over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why guys aren’t competing

I really couldn't justify the doses I've used and use, if I didn't compete.

In addition I've bodybuilded naturally for years having meals being on point and everything and why not? It's something I can focus on and keep me inspired to do better, having big and even massive muscles, shrinking my waist, when it's time to lose body fat.

I know to some extent it may be a ego thing, and I do have other area another area of my life I'm studying now and do want to get in after bodybuilding but while I still can I see no reason not to.

Most people don't do it because they're unwilling to put the time and work in simple as that they've got families they got other stuff going on and it's not really important to them they admire people that do it but for them it's not at the top of the priorities. In the words of my dermatologist friend who has helped me out with medicines, prescriptions, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Maybe people want to look and be in shape and can give 3 flying fuck what anyone thinks or have to prove their looks on a stage and pay money to do so.I know I competed because my competing friends that did extremely well and got their pro cards insisted that I should give it a try

Do I regret it no. did I do good yea no pro card but I wasn't after one anyways. Have plastic trophies collecting dust on my wall
Would I do it again hell no not even for the money.

Don’t disagree. What drove you to compete for as long as you have?

I listen to guys like Dorian, Jay, Phil, Ronnie, and now even Derek now and money wasn’t the driver. Ronnie doesn’t regret a thing even though he can barely get around. Jay made a lot because he is smart, but even he couldn’t retire by the age he originally said and even now is walking around looking better at 50 than me at 34. LOL

There’s something in them that does this because they just fucking love it. How do we get that back to the stage?
I'm a narcissistic competitive mother fucker...LOL that's what drove me

Maybe people want to look and be in shape and can give 3 flying fuck what anyone thinks or have to prove their looks on a stage and pay money to do so.I know I competed because my competing friends that did extremely well and got their pro cards insisted that I should give it a try

Do I regret it no. did I do good yea no pro card but I wasn't after one anyways. Have plastic trophies collecting dust on my wall
Would I do it again hell no not even for the money.
If you don’t regret it then why wouldn’t you do it again? Or would you do it differently?

Genuinely asking out of personal curiosity. My point of this thread was to get all perspectives AND to get guys posting who haven’t been in a while or as much.

I personally feel we’ve got some of the wrong members posting more these days. It’s great getting perspective from the members like you and posting on topics.

I'm a narcissistic competitive mother fucker...LOL that's what drove me
I couldn’t put it into words- you just did it perfectly. LOL I think you’ve gotta be that way to do this and make it to the top.

this

and this

I am natty, and because og that people will say my physique is butt cheeks because I dont have the amount of muscle tissue as many of you here do. That said, I am also a pro in two orgs. Meaning I had to win an overall at a bodybuilding show, and then compete against other pros, at a pro show just like the IFBB guys do. It is a you vs you battle to get into competitive conditions, and ig you have never been there, regardless of what you use or don't, you don't what that mental and physical struggle entails. It is not for everyone, but those og us that love it, love it. Ant that's why we do it. People that don't understand will call it gay, and just say "oh you put on a bikini or a thong and prance around the stage like a beauty pageant?" those folks don't understand not just the mental and physical requirements but also that is not a "beauty pageant" but a revealing og a physique who have worked so hard to achieve, just like an Olympian or a pro athlete works hard to develop their abilities/talents and then goes and displays them in competitions. the competition itself is the gun part once you make it to the stage you have already won no matter where you place. As long as you know you have given it your best, left no stone unturned, and put all og your heart and soul into doing everything correctly, that is the actual competition, and that is the victory.

I hear you and fully acknowledge the politics. I know it going into every show and plan for it- comes with the territory.

But like Dorian used to do- show up on show day and make it so nobody can deny you. If you look better than every guy there, no judge is going to overlook you. It is what it is so use it as fuel. Just my .02.
That would explain why Dorian showed up. But most of us are not Dorian. If you want us to wait till we look like Dorian to compete, then the NPC is doomed worse than the dying half-corpse entity it already is.

You need to give those of us that don’t look like Dorian a reason to compete. Because it’s a pain in the ass, expensive, boring for your friends and family if you can even get them to attend, and really not all that much fun.

this

and this

I am natty, and because og that people will say my physique is butt cheeks because I dont have the amount of muscle tissue as many of you here do. That said, I am also a pro in two orgs. Meaning I had to win an overall at a bodybuilding show, and then compete against other pros, at a pro show just like the IFBB guys do. It is a you vs you battle to get into competitive conditions, and ig you have never been there, regardless of what you use or don't, you don't what that mental and physical struggle entails. It is not for everyone, but those og us that love it, love it. Ant that's why we do it. People that don't understand will call it gay, and just say "oh you put on a bikini or a thong and prance around the stage like a beauty pageant?" those folks don't understand not just the mental and physical requirements but also that is not a "beauty pageant" but a revealing og a physique who have worked so hard to achieve, just like an Olympian or a pro athlete works hard to develop their abilities/talents and then goes and displays them in competitions. the competition itself is the gun part once you make it to the stage you have already won no matter where you place. As long as you know you have given it your best, left no stone unturned, and put all og your heart and soul into doing everything correctly, that is the actual competition, and that is the victory.
👆🏻👆🏻Now this is what I’m talking about. A real and raw answer. Well said!

I had no idea you were a natty. I don’t care what anyone on here says- that’s more impressive than anyone running gear. I tried it for years in my 20’s and without it I would not have the grit or work ethic that I do now. Mad respect man!

this

and this

👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

If you don’t regret it then why wouldn’t you do it again? Or would you do it differently?

Genuinely asking out of personal curiosity. My point of this thread was to get all perspectives AND to get guys posting who haven’t been in a while or as much.

I personally feel we’ve got some of the wrong members posting more these days. It’s great getting perspective from the members like you and posting on topics.
I’m listening……..

That would explain why Dorian showed up. But most of us are not Dorian. If you want us to wait till we look like Dorian to compete, then the NPC is doomed worse than the dying half-corpse entity it already is.

You need to give those of us that don’t look like Dorian a reason to compete. Because it’s a pain in the ass, expensive, boring for your friends and family if you can even get them to attend, and really not all that much fun.
Fair but Dorian was an analogy. It was his mindset, work ethic and drive. He worked in the shadows.

My last two shows I purposely waited until the last minute to register and kept to myself and covered up both times until the last minute- I wanted no favors or politics (bc yes they are real). I won all my classes at both shows.

I had one person, my wife with me at my last show. On stage during comparisons everyone kept yelling “number 4.” It took me a minute to realize I was number 4. They had to ask the audience to quiet down. I wasn’t “supposed” to win that show. And was told such afterwards.

Point is do it because you love it and so that nobody can deny you. Politics come in every sport.

Is it possible that it's just changing? People are not near as social as they used to be. Why stand in line and pay a hefty sum for a hotel just to get in as a spectator when you can 60 inch flat screen it for peanuts. Fortunately, that is slowly coming back. We saw this recently with Oppenheimer and Barbie.

People are going out more. It's snail pace slow, but it is happening. Think about it. As one example, other than my produce, I can lay on a sofa and order all my groceries delivered right to my door.

Maybe the sport is just changing to where normal men and women don't want to huddle up with a bunch of fruitcakes to watch someone pose. Which is another thing - what happened to posing? You have several mandatory that you repeat for each callout. You have to get people excited. Which means, the freaks and big dopers gotta go. The 80's-00's are gone. Even then, when I was doing some modeling, bring jacked was fine for sporting goods, but Bon Ton, Sears, JC Penny. They want athletic but thin guys. Your everyday "man's man". They don't want freaks.

Supplement companies and a few websites and occasional competition which very well may cost you more than the payout.

Money. The pay sucks balls. Now the big names, the talkative, charismatic guys make big bucks. So I look at them as major league players. And then an entire other group, by far the largest group doesn't broadcast a video from their home studio every week. They all have pro cards but they're kind of like the minor league (like in baseball). They get paid but not enough. These guys need 2nd income to keep afloat.

But I don't think it's dying. Just changing. We need to adapt to those changes. Why doesn't Professional Muscle have weekly broadcast with prominent members? Lastly, a prediction. If this sport just continues to reward mass above all else, we'll be giving 5 tickets to see the mass freak at some carnival.

A good friend of mine told me a long time ago, "have you ever asked yourself the credentials of the 5 judges that are are judging you."

How many of them have turned pro? How many of them really love the sport and understand what makes one physique better than the other? And lastly, what kind of training have they gone through to be deemed experienced enough to judge your physique?

The answers are going to be disappointing for most of those questions for most judges, which begs the question, you're doing all this work to have a panel of judges judge your physique, when they don't really deserve to? It doesn't even make sense.

FYI This friend of mine is a pro, a retired one, but one that earned his card when only the overall winner at shows in Canada would get a card.

Is it possible that it's just changing? People are not near as social as they used to be. Why stand in line and pay a hefty sum for a hotel just to get in as a spectator when you can 60 inch flat screen it for peanuts. Fortunately, that is slowly coming back. We saw this recently with Oppenheimer and Barbie.

People are going out more. It's snail pace slow, but it is happening. Think about it. As one example, other than my produce, I can lay on a sofa and order all my groceries delivered right to my door.

Maybe the sport is just changing to where normal men and women don't want to huddle up with a bunch of fruitcakes to watch someone pose. Which is another thing - what happened to posing? You have several mandatory that you repeat for each callout. You have to get people excited. Which means, the freaks and big dopers gotta go. The 80's-00's are gone. Even then, when I was doing some modeling, bring jacked was fine for sporting goods, but Bon Ton, Sears, JC Penny. They want athletic but thin guys. Your everyday "man's man". They don't want freaks.

Supplement companies and a few websites and occasional competition which very well may cost you more than the payout.

Money. The pay sucks balls. Now the big names, the talkative, charismatic guys make big bucks. So I look at them as major league players. And then an entire other group, by far the largest group doesn't broadcast a video from their home studio every week. They all have pro cards but they're kind of like the minor league (like in baseball). They get paid but not enough. These guys need 2nd income to keep afloat.

But I don't think it's dying. Just changing. We need to adapt to those changes. Why doesn't Professional Muscle have weekly broadcast with prominent members? Lastly, a prediction. If this sport just continues to reward mass above all else, we'll be giving 5 tickets to see the mass freak at some carnival.
18.3 vs 1.4 million followers. That’s CBUM vs Walker on IG. I agree with you 100% the sport and we need to adapt. Numbers don’t lie.

Don’t get me wrong- this is bodybuilding, I love seeing Derek, Nick and Samsun compete, but the fans and money want CBUM.

I just love training and changing my body and I do this for fun. I have never had any desire to step on stage. I am just not that type of person. I don't even like talking in front of groups of people. Moreover, I don't have the genetics to become a top competitor so it wouldn't be rewarding. If I had amazing genetics I still probably wouldn't compete but sure more reason to if your body was made for this but mine certainly wasn't. In regards to people saying the mental rewards I get that anyway every time I am in the gym and every time I attain a goal.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131