over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why so much kidney failure these days?

bigdog123

Banned
It seems a lot of BB`s and strongmen are having problems with kidney failure these days more so than liver problems and other health related issues..

What are the main causes...

AAS
Diuretics
Generally very high BP
Insulin

??

Genetic, Pain Killers(particularly analgesics like Ibuprofen), Diuretics, high blood pressure, urinary stones, and Dehydration, Im sure there are diseases that are linked to this as well I just cant think of any except for nephritis...

you would need to be taking a good amount of Ibuprofen on a daily basis for a extended period of time in order for it to be a problem on the renal system. I believe it's somehting like over 1600mg a day. Many times folks are predispositioned to renal problems or failure. Most kidney problems can be caught early with a simple check up. But many americans fail to act and thus bring on there own problems. Others of course abuse certain drugs wether prescribed or not. And also there you run into many complications and over taxing the renal system.

question, test, and most steroids get filtered through the liver correct? so if this is true what cause the kidney to fail? It can not be steroids alone can it? I mean what are the odds if all you use is test and add say dbol twice a year but use very minimal pain killers.

I spoke to a friend who is a doctor today about this and he said it would be very odd even if on long term that test would cause kidney issues, he also added if your diet is normal meaning not restricted for long terms, and that you drink plenty of water that you should be safe unless your predisposed for issues. What are your thoughts on this???

One of the leading causes is not the AAS but the high BP associated with the constant use and mega dosing of them. Heavy stimulant use will wreck them too. High doses of ephedrine and clen are not too kidney friendly. I think its a combo of many things that tends to do it. However if you look at the guys who have been struck with renal failure, I'd be willing to bet all had one thing in common - HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

It seems a lot of BB`s and strongmen are having problems with kidney failure these days more so than liver problems and other health related issues..

What are the main causes...

AAS
Diuretics
Generally very high BP
Insulin

??

ive not noticed it more now than any other time. Not controlling BP can cause problems even for the non-AAS user.

My personal opinion is that most don't treat high blood pressure or take it serious enough. They just dont understand or respect the damage it can cause long term. Years and years ago, I was one of those knucklheads until my doctor educated me on ACE inhibitors, and I have used them (Altace has worked best) to keep my blood pressure right around 122/82 ever since...no matter how much I weigh..

Regards,
John Meadows

I really don't think there is that much kidney failure out there to be honest. So, a 100 very unlucky people have some renal issues, thats still .1% of the AAS community.

My personal opinion is that most don't treat high blood pressure or take it serious enough. They just dont understand or respect the damage it can cause long term. Years and years ago, I was one of those knucklheads until my doctor educated me on ACE inhibitors, and I have used them (Altace has worked best) to keep my blood pressure right around 122/82 ever since...no matter how much I weigh..

Regards,
John Meadows

(hey john,
sorry to hear about you situation, I know it has been a while.
You know me from that balding lebanese cat that has the show down there.
I am north just west of the lake.)

Most people dont know that your kidneys will be around 80% gone
before you have any signs of failue. BP is the number one cause of renal
failure. I was a RN for 6 years, 4 of that was on a renal floor. Dialysis
is no joke.
pac

(hey john,

is no joke.
pac

Pacman man is correct most people are asymptematic until this points, which is why again people after I believe age 25 should be going for check ups atleast once a year... Pacman you say your were a nurse on a renal floor, have you seen anyone get kidney failure from vancomyosin? Had it happen just a couple of years ago when a doc gave the pt too much of it... Needless to say the hospital had quite a court battle on their hands

And once again, 'normal' kidney values on your typical blood work does not indicate healthy kidneys! As eluded to above, 80% of your renal tissue can be destroyed and BUN / CREA levels can still appear normal in chronic cases.

In my opinion, high blood pressure is the number one cause of kidney failure. The funny thing is, it is both a cause AND symptom for the disease. That and the extreme dehydration and diuretic use in contest preparation.

(hey john,

is no joke.
pac

Balding Lebanese cat...LOL....I wonder how JS is doing.

Personally I feel great! I am past my difficulties God willing, had a 5th and final surgery to correct some abdominal deformity I had from the other 4 surgeries recently. Take care!
JM

it is on rise in general population too. some environmental reasons perhaps, bad water quality.

problem is that kidney diseases (unless it is stones) going for very long time without any simptoms, till it is completely lost.

vancomycin

I have seen cases of acute renal failure because of vanco. Some people can actually recover and regain function . If it is chronic you might as well hang up you belt. If you lucky you can have 50g protein 2g na, and a refreshing Liter of water a day.

Chronic high BP permanently damages nephrons. NSAID's are also nephrotoxic

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity