over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wish we saw more of this…

Seems people (and promoters) now prefer the freaky over the classic physique as that's what sells tickets these days.

They literally created an entire division for classic physiques. It’s even called classic physique. Crazy right? The most popular person in the entire industry is Classic Physique Mr. O.
Yes, but bummer that a new division for the classic had to be created for that. Seems freaky is more for those who like that in bodybuilders.

Is that a bad picture of Nick? His arms and shoulders look soft regardless of good condition...thats really weird?
Cant blame the bodybuilders for it. Nick and the rest does and will do whatever is needed to win. if they started to go in a different way psysique wise they would change aswell

I couldn’t agree more. And flex was plenty freaky. His arms always looked suspect and kinda fake though but the rest of him was truly a beautiful sight to behold. One of the best physiques of Al time to me. Al those guys. Yates, Levrone, sonny schmitt, munzer, and one of my favorites Pavol jablonicky, hell even monster Dillet has really nice looking big shredded death face show stopping physiques that no one has today. I’m just not a fan of the fat faced soft looking Ramy looking physiques. They are big but not refined I think they put to much emphasis on drugs because They have access to all the same stuff now the 90s guys had and more I just think they don’t train as hard and sacrifice themselves with the diet those guys in the 90s did. A bygone era. Glad I was around to see those guys. That was how I will forever remember bodybuilding.

Seems people (and promoters) now prefer the freaky over the classic physique as that's what sells tickets these days.
What people and promoters? Not just bodybuilders go to shows. Mostly family and friends go. The average person does not like that look. The whole reason why they added Physique, Bikini and Classic is they were losing money off just bodybuilding.

Just even look at abdominal structure where one look flat and other like turtle.
Next is muscle quality density , stiriations , fibres , where new generation looks kinda like a ballon, big round but almost ready to pop but is rubber like quality. Bb kinda lost its magic…

Just even look at abdominal structure where one look flat and other like turtle.
Next is muscle quality density , stiriations , fibres , where new generation looks kinda like a ballon, big round but almost ready to pop but is rubber like quality. Bb kinda lost its magic…

I'd like to see the guys we have now with them pulling test and Gh at show time, less carb up with out insulin like they used to. Sure they'd come in smaller but more definition.

I couldn’t agree more. And flex was plenty freaky. His arms always looked suspect and kinda fake though but the rest of him was truly a beautiful sight to behold. One of the best physiques of Al time to me. Al those guys. Yates, Levrone, sonny schmitt, munzer, and one of my favorites Pavol jablonicky, hell even monster Dillet has really nice looking big shredded death face show stopping physiques that no one has today. I’m just not a fan of the fat faced soft looking Ramy looking physiques. They are big but not refined I think they put to much emphasis on drugs because They have access to all the same stuff now the 90s guys had and more I just think they don’t train as hard and sacrifice themselves with the diet those guys in the 90s did. A bygone era. Glad I was around to see those guys. That was how I will forever remember bodybuilding.
How do you bring up flex wheeler and Paul dillet as some greats of a bygone era, and in the same paragraph say the new guys these days don't train as hard as them lmao

Talk about nostalgia and rose tinted glasses.

How do you bring up flex wheeler and Paul dillet as some greats of a bygone era, and in the same paragraph say the new guys these days don't train as hard as them lmao

Talk about nostalgia and rose tinted glasses.
Think whatever you like that’s your right but if you think the guys today look as polished as guys did in the 80s and 90,s you’re the one with rose tinted glasses guy. And Paul dillet was in the shadow of all the other guys at that time but his condition was still better than most of the guys doing the Olympia today Hadi excluded he is always shredded but he too has weird oil filled body parts that have nothing to do with actual bodybuilding And if you think these guys now train as hard as Dorian and Ronnie you you don’t know or never saw those guys throwing down in the gym. Iv seen some guys moving heavy weight today but hell strongmen do that too and they are mostly overweight and do mot look like a typical bodybuilder at the highest level. I know there are guys that still train hard and of course there are I know several myself But their physiques on the Olympia stage do not impress me much conditioning wise. Iv seen guys in amatuer shows in recent years look much better on stage than heavyweight ifbb pros. There are several in this board. A lot of the classic guys look amazing but not many heavyweights are coming in diced like a lot of the guys back in the day did. And the way dillet and flex trained was not impressive but their bodies sure were. That’s all I was saying.

When’s the last time you actually went to a show and saw these guys in person?

As a casual observer who doesn't follow bodybuilding at the competive level, my first thoughts are the second guys delts look full of oil, midsection looks off ( not flat) legs something looks off ( not natural like the first who has clear separation).

I prefer even earlier examples, such as:

IMO, this is one of the best physiques of all-time. Trained very hard, only ate once a day, etc.
No force-feeding like they do today...

iu

I prefer even earlier examples, such as:

IMO, this is one of the best physiques of all-time. Trained very hard, only ate once a day, etc.
No force-feeding like they do today...

iu
Serge was a guy with great genetics who built his physique in spite of of what he did. Overtrained, under ate, and took gear and slathered himself in thyroid cream

“ I prefer _____” (enter a physique that you can find in classic bodybuilding), then bitch about the physiques in open bodybuilding, blame the judging, etc. Stop bitching, just watch classic, and leave open to those who prefer a freakier look. There is an entire devision created for your preferences. Why continue to bitch about open? I don’t get it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws