over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

work those rotator cuffs!!!

Re: Just Had Surgery

sentrex said:
I can't lift at all for 4 months, can't lift heavy for at leat 6 months:(
Been there, done that. Get well soon! Take your recovery as prescribed, you want to make sure everything heals back in place. I tore off my infraspanatus - they had to re-attach it to the bone. I've actually all strength - I mean far exceeded the strength I had prior to surgery!

xcel

bros'
want to start first and tell everyone what a valuable post this is...
last week, while doing incline, my last set and last rep, trying to bust out max weight, i felt my right side and arm giving out just a little, tilted my body to left on bench and finally got the plates up...
later this day, i notice a cold dull pain, intermittent in my right arm, like where the upper arm bone joins my body/shoulder, i did a check on symptoms of rotator cuff injury, i can lift arm above my head but feels like my arm socket got sore, like if i was a doll and a kid was tugging on my arm trying to pull it off...
this has happened before and i am examing what i thought to be max weight on incline and coming down some to insure it doesnt happen again, anybody ever experience this kind of pain?
it doesnt hurt like excruciating pain, but this post makes me feel cautious to go back in and hit chest today, 5 days later.
any advice or thoughts is much appreciated!
jahguide

Grear post i never new how important workin the rotators was until i ended up in this wheelchair and having to use my shoulders all the time i can tell you they are one of the most important muscles to take care of

this is what I did:
"Poor Man’s Shoulder Horn (DB external rotation)

Okay, so we all know the shoulder horn is great…but what if you don’t have an extra 60 bucks to shell out? In comes the poor man’s shoulder horn, which costs you zero dollars and is damn-near just as effective!

Set-up is easy; sit down on a bench and put one foot up on the bench in front of you. With a dumbbell in hand, "screw" your elbow into the side of your knee and let your arm hang down. From here, slowly rotate the dumbbell up to a point approximately perpendicular to the ground, and then lower under control to the starting position. One thing you have to watch here is your leg; if your leg is moving in and out throughout the movement, you are probably using too much weight and/or trying to improve your leverage. To fix this, think about pushing your elbow into your knee while simultaneously pushing your knee into your elbow. This will keep everything tight and force your external rotators to do the work."

a pic

Attachments

• image003 (1).jpg
    image003 (1).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 187
shoulder horn is actually worthless, doesn't give much ability to retract and drepress scapula. Side lying external rotations are a much better and free choice.
Have you tried the shoulder horn to give the opinion that they are worthless. Seems a few on here think they work.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131