over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Workout Program Help Needed: Ecto - Trained 1.5 years

Mota

Registered
Hi, I need some suggestions for a mass building program. I've been training for about a year and half. Been very much a ecto all my life, its very hard for me to put on weight. 6' tall. Started at 150lbs. Currently around 186lbs. My progress has stalled lately, I've bumped up my calorie intake but it hasn't helped.

I don't feel like my current program works me hard enough often enough. Ive been using a 3 day split doing, I designed it myself which probably was dumb... I tried to built it around the big three compound lifts but I feel like working each muscle once a week isn't enough anymore.
I was doing.
Sunday: Chest/Bis (bench press)
Tue: Legs/Abs (squat)
Thurs: Back/Tris (deadlift)

I'm planning to switch to either a 4 or 5 day a week plan.
Any program suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm kind of considering doing these two workouts twice a week each for the 4 day / week total.

Workout #1
Incline Bench Press With Barbell - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Flat Dumbell Bench Press - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Dumbell Decline Flyes - 12,12,12 Reps
Deadlifts - 5-6,5-6 Reps
Bent Over Barbell Row - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Lat Machine Pulldowns - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Standing Barbell Curl - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Concentration Curl - 12,12,12 Reps
Crunches - 20 Reps

Workout #2
Barbell Free Squat - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Leg-extensions - 12,12,12 Reps
Military Press - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 10,10,8 Reps
Side Raise - 12,12,12 Reps
Skull Crasher - 10,8-9,6-7 Reps
One Hand Cable Triceps Pushdown - 12,12,12 Reps
Leg Raise - 20,20,20,20 Reps

Thanks in advance.

You are over-training or at the very least, over-reaching.
Switch to DC Training or UHT by RazorCuts.

Last edited:
Yeah! A response. I was beginning to thing that non-drug related threads where too boring to read around here. :) I'm sure I'm not over training now. Thats the program I am considering switching to. I'll check out the two you suggested. Currently I've been doing a 3 day split, 2 body parts per day, 6 exercises per day, 3-4 set / exercise, 6-15 reps / set.

What's your diet like? Can you post a sample of your average daily intake?

Sure, Diet is 4 large meals a day (all include big servings of protein, carbs and plenty of fat), 2 snack meals (typically canned tuna, salmon, or nuts), and 2 shakes that are 50g protein and 750cals. I don't worry about eating clean at all. I don't put on fat so if I can put down 4000cals of pizza in a meal I do it. I eat as much as I can without feeling bloated and sleepy all day. I dropped cereal from my diet as bacon and eggs is a much more calorie dense way to start the day.

I try for around 4500-5000cals a day and to make sure my protein intake is over 175-200g. I use dailyburn.com to log everything I eat so I'm pretty sure I stay fairly close to that.

IMO, as a former ecto (now meso-ecto :D) we tend to do much better growth wise with at least 1.5g/lb of protein. If I were putting serious effort into a mass gaining phase, I'd say 2.0g/lb would be the goal.
Otherwise it looks like you have the calories in the right range. Don't forget your EFA's.
Best wishes on your project.

How do you get that volume of protein in? Just a shit load of whey shakes? Thats like 8+ chicken breasts a day...

Sure, Diet is 4 large meals a day (all include big servings of protein, carbs and plenty of fat), 2 snack meals (typically canned tuna, salmon, or nuts), and 2 shakes that are 50g protein and 750cals. I don't worry about eating clean at all. I don't put on fat so if I can put down 4000cals of pizza in a meal I do it. I eat as much as I can without feeling bloated and sleepy all day. I dropped cereal from my diet as bacon and eggs is a much more calorie dense way to start the day.

I try for around 4500-5000cals a day and to make sure my protein intake is over 175-200g. I use dailyburn.com to log everything I eat so I'm pretty sure I stay fairly close to that.

1. So just to be clear you are eating 5000 calories a day and of that sometimes only 700 cals are protein?

2. Your final numbers don't match your description of your eating habits....ie 4 large meals with plenty of protein, 2 50gram protein shakes, 2 meals of canned tuna..............had does that only equate to 175-200 grams?

3 Eggs 20g
Shake 50g
Lunch 25g
snake 15g
Shake 50g
Dinner 35g
Snack 15g
Late meal 25g

Is 235 so I guess your right, in reality I normally fail on either a snack or a shake. I have been eating lots of carbs to boost my calories for the last 2 months as things like potatoes and pasta are so easy to cook a ton of then microwave when you want some for the next couple days.

3 Eggs 20g
Shake 50g
Lunch 25g
snake 15g
Shake 50g
Dinner 35g
Snack 15g
Late meal 25g

Is 235 so I guess your right, in reality I normally fail on either a snack or a shake. I have been eating lots of carbs to boost my calories for the last 2 months as things like potatoes and pasta are so easy to cook a ton of then microwave when you want some for the next couple days.

I am eating only 4300 calories, eating 400p, 400c, 100f. Exactly how much fat and carbs or you eating? You are overtraining with that program as a ecto. I tend to think it is 2 things holding you back, improper ratios and overtraining.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws