over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worlds Strongest Bodybuilder

B DOG

Registered
YouTube - Stan Rhino Efferding Trains Shoulders

Some of you may have seen his feature in the new MD. Stan Efferding is the worlds strongest bodybuilder, hell, he's one of the worlds stronges men period. He recieved his IFBB pro card last year by winning the masters overall at Nationals. Yes, I said masters, he's 42 yrs young. I mention him because he lives and works out where I live. He works out primarily at an LA fitness in a neighboring city but occasionally will stop by the gym I'm at. I've had the opportunity to meet and talk with him a few times. I'm not name dropping, he's in no way some close personal friend, but I can tell you from expereince, he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. At the end of the video, the guy he's posing with however is a close personal friend. Keep your eye on him at the USA's in Vegas this year. His name is Gabe Moen, 6' 3" 300+. He's hoping to come in at 285 for the show.

WOW!!! i've used 180 pd db for 6 reps but this is insane!

Stan is a really smart guy and i understand his philosophies.. The only thing that i question... and I see it alot with pro bodybuilders is there lack of emphasis on the eccentric phase of the motion.. I understand the concept of higher reps to force more blood into the muscle and stretch out the facia (which i think syntherol would do a better job:)) and volumize the lean muscle he build powerlifting.. My question is.. Wouldn't they get better results slowing down the eccentric range of motion?? I know there is alot of science out there supporting controlled eccentric ROM for growth.. Why not combine the higher reps with slower eccentric ROMS?

Stan is a really smart guy and i understand his philosophies.. The only thing that i question... and I see it alot with pro bodybuilders is there lack of emphasis on the eccentric phase of the motion.. I understand the concept of higher reps to force more blood into the muscle and stretch out the facia (which i think syntherol would do a better job:)) and volumize the lean muscle he build powerlifting.. My question is.. Wouldn't they get better results slowing down the eccentric range of motion?? I know there is alot of science out there supporting controlled eccentric ROM for growth.. Why not combine the higher reps with slower eccentric ROMS?

A lot of people with lesser genetics might, but someone with Stan's genetics, it doesn't really matter. The guy went into his last show at 260+ peeled to the bone. He set his 3 lift world record raw total with fully visible abs.

A lot of people with lesser genetics might, but someone with Stan's genetics, it doesn't really matter. The guy went into his last show at 260+ peeled to the bone. He set his 3 lift world record raw total with fully visible abs.

well to be fair all Powerlifting records and lifts are focused on the concentric phase of the life the "push". Of course the eccentric even the isometric motions benefit the athlete, but truth be told if you want a big push you focus on concentric.

Alot of you guys out there who love to say "the body doesnt know how much weight it lifts" and "you dont need to lift heavy weights to get big"......take a good look at that guys structure, his wrists, forearms, his leg structure.....that guy is an ectomorph.....and if i remember right he started out at 140 pounds soaking wet when he started lifting....and look at the density he has built thru the chest, shoulders, back, etc

thats heavy weights....the same incredible thick density you see on other very heavy trainers like Branch Warren etc.

Can it lead to injury....yep sure can...no doubt about it, so you do everything in your power to stay injury free if you can.

The options? Stay chronically smaller than your genetics will ultimately allow or Golf....because you dont have to powerlift or do singles or doubles to get bigger but you sure as hell better be progressive and train as heavy as you can in a safe rep range to reach your ultimate (according to your unique genetics) size potential.

I give that guy incredible respect...he took non mesomorph genetics and "brutally heavyweight-ed" his way to enough size and density to get a pro card. Yes he will never have the legs from the front or sides, or the arm mass to hang with the genetic elite because of his ectomorphic genetics....but to see what he was able to build on that skeletal frame is inspiring.

(on the otherhand I kind of worry bout his health because he is in his early 40's now and it can be russian roullette trying to hang with the younger guys on that ergo playing field....especially with the pressure now with the Weider contract he just signed)

Last edited:
.....jaw dropping......:chee'y-sm

B dog you work out at the same place i do

Maybe. Stan works out at the Hosmer LA. I work out at Puyallup. He drops by Puyallup occasionally (most recently last Tuesday) to see a certain someone.

Alot of you guys out there who love to say "the body doesnt know how much weight it lifts" and "you dont need to lift heavy weights to get big"......take a good look at that guys structure, his wrists, forearms, his leg structure.....that guy is an ectomorph.....and if i remember right he started out at 140 pounds soaking wet when he started lifting....and look at the density he has built thru the chest, shoulders, back, etc

thats heavy weights....the same incredible thick density you see on other very heavy trainers like Branch Warren etc.

Can it lead to injury....yep sure can...no doubt about it, so you do everything in your power to stay injury free if you can.

The options? Stay chronically smaller than your genetics will ultimately allow or Golf....because you dont have to powerlift or do singles or doubles to get bigger but you sure as hell better be progressive and train as heavy as you can in a safe rep range to reach your ultimate (according to your unique genetics) size potential.

I give that guy incredible respect...he took non mesomorph genetics and "brutally heavyweight-ed" his way to enough size and density to get a pro card. Yes he will never have the legs from the front or sides, or the arm mass to hang with the genetic elite because of his ectomorphic genetics....but to see what he was able to build on that skeletal frame is inspiring.

(on the otherhand I kind of worry bout his health because he is in his early 40's now and it can be russian roullette trying to hang with the younger guys on that ergo playing field....especially with the pressure now with the Weider contract he just signed)

He actually gives a good interview in this month's MD. He didnt even start lifting until after high school and even then, took like 10 years off due to his multiple businesses. The rhino is also a millionaire as well due to his intelligence and work ethic!

Stan actually has a psychology degree. He went on to go to pre-med and studied anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, chemistry, physics, biology, nutrition, exercise science, and human movement studies. He now owns a telecommunications business that grossed 20 million last year. Everyone should pick up the new MD and turn to page 206.

He actually gives a good interview in this month's MD. He didnt even start lifting until after high school and even then, took like 10 years off due to his multiple businesses. The rhino is also a millionaire as well due to his intelligence and work ethic!

Thats makes it even more kewl!

i'm really surprised that he didn't set the lunk alarm off :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner