over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worst genetics you've seen?

LOL so you're trying to tell me every man on earth has the genetic capability to be both very lean and very muscular by bodybuilding standards, naturally?

Please tell me then why we have numerous guys on this board who don't fall under that category after years of strict diet and training AND gear?

Please tell me why half of NATURAL BODYBUILDERS look like nothing in clothes when they're lean

Maybe you just have low standards of what big and lean are, I don't know. Or maybe you'll tell me any human can have high level sprint performance or achieve a 36" vertical too if they just try harder.

I agree. I have average genetics and trained natural for 6 years and peaked at a very lean 175lbs at 5'10. I probably would have had to get to 155 if I were to do a contest. That's doing everything correctly as I was for the majority of the time. It was really disheartening.

I'm going to guess Brad banged your wife.

90% of the regular pop wouldn't mind looking like that guy at all.

Where's your pic?

If talking about the pro's, my vote would be for Craig Titus.

Are you kidding? Even with him being boozed and recreational drugged out all the time he still looked great IMO.

a9722bb87fbc23e7b80c204cfe857d3b--male-bodybuilders-muscle.jpg

Sure when he went to prison and shrank he looked like shit, but he was on a lot of gear prior to that then went to eating garbage food.

d7075cd0c52dddcb83cafcd2048fa57e--bodybuilders-muscle.jpg

Craig_Titus_49.jpg

Or maybe you were trolling. I'll accept that lol.

genes

I think the original poster was talking about lifting weights and doing everything right but still looking like you don't train.

I think what this means is the the muscle type one has. I am mostly slow twitch muscle fiber. I can not develop thick muscularity because i have the physique of a swimmer. Though my strength went thru the roof I could not gain any thick muscle.

I'm going to guess Brad banged your wife.

90% of the regular pop wouldn't mind looking like that guy at all.

Where's your pic?
x2

True he has dieted hard for it. Not carrying not much LBM but thats cos he is a true natty (I am assuming and has shit ecto genes. doesnt mean he did not diet down for the show and showed up fat and soggy. that is something I would have issues with that. He has put in work. cant take that away from him. He is doing what he loves, his way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

I think the original poster was talking about lifting weights and doing everything right but still looking like you don't train.

I think what this means is the the muscle type one has. I am mostly slow twitch muscle fiber. I can not develop thick muscularity because i have the physique of a swimmer. Though my strength went thru the roof I could not gain any thick muscle.

Exactly. People here are acting like genetic variations don't exist. People seem to accept that sprint speed, athletic performance, vertical jump ability, etc are extremely genetically determined but when it comes to muscle growth so many bodybuilders want to pretend it's 100% due to their hard work and genetics have no influence.

To Devenidas and Tren_Plz you might have misinterpreted what I meant about Brad Loomis. I think he's a great guy, very intelligent, and has worked extremely hard to get where he's at. That's the point! The guy is 160b on stage and yea he's lean and looks way better than the average person but by our standards he "barely looks like he lifts". Keep in mind he's on stage there so that's the best he ever looks. Have you seen pics and videos of him walking around normally? No one would ever say he looks like he worked out for 25 years and I GUARANTEE if he posted his pictures on here saying he lifted for 25 years half of this forum would talk shit on him.

There was some poster on here recently who posted a physique MUCH more impressive than Brad's and the first comment was by Emeric Delzeg talking shit on him about how he didn't look like he lifted that long.

I agree. I have average genetics and trained natural for 6 years and peaked at a very lean 175lbs at 5'10. I probably would have had to get to 155 if I were to do a contest. That's doing everything correctly as I was for the majority of the time. It was really disheartening.

Exactly. And that's with AVERAGE genetics. So imagine how much worse it could be if you had poor genetics.

People.....average height is 5'9-5'10" for a man. Yet we have men who are 5'3". So imagine average muscle building genetics, like Nonhuman, who was 175 naturally, then imagine the muscle building equivalent of someone who is 5'3". There are plenty of people out there with complete shit genetics for bodybuilding. To act like that's not true shows a gross ignorance of variations in human physiology.

Exactly. And that's with AVERAGE genetics. So imagine how much worse it could be if you had poor genetics.

People.....average height is 5'9-5'10" for a man. Yet we have men who are 5'3". So imagine average muscle building genetics, like Nonhuman, who was 175 naturally, then imagine the muscle building equivalent of someone who is 5'3". There are plenty of people out there with complete shit genetics for bodybuilding. To act like that's not true shows a gross ignorance of variations in human physiology.

I know what you mean. For every guy I see where I say "lucky bastard has great genetics", I see a guy who I can tell got the shitty end of the genetics stick.

There was this guy in my fraternity back in college. Probably about 5'3, terrible body. I saw him in the gym one time and kind of felt bad because I knew he was probably screwed no matter what he did.

I personally think anybody can build a pretty significant amount of muscle tissue for their frame, and look pretty "big" to the average person, not necessarily big by today's bodybuilding standards.

I graduated high school at a 118 lbs. I didn't like training and eating at 15-16 (didn't grow much muscle) either due to age, so I quit then and picked it up seriously at 18.

I started again benching the bar, doing deadlifts with 135 lbs, and 115 lb squats for maybe 6 reps. Put on 70 lbs naturally in 2 years from progressive overload and eating a lot. Got a little too soft but learned the importance of food and training.

Leaned down and put on another 30 lbs of lbm with AAS.

I was the smallest kid in elementary school usually, smallest kid in middle school, ad one of the really small ones in high school. I distinctly remember my gym teacher whispering my weight into my ear (67 lbs in 7th grade) instead of announcing it to put it down for these PE forms we had. My family now thinks I had a late growth phase, and have some wrestlers genetics in me. I credit all of this to first having grown up in the Internet era and having access to information. And two following advice from guys like Dante (whose posts on intensemuscle are a goldmine), and Mike Arnold who used to post a lot on MD and give out advice.

When your dad is 130 lbs, all you male cousins weigh less than 130 lbs, you aren't exactly top tier on the genetic spectrum. But then again they're all untrained so we don't really know their potential.

Just thought it was worth sharing this.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know what you mean. For every guy I see where I say "lucky bastard has great genetics", I see a guy who I can tell got the shitty end of the genetics stick.

There was this guy in my fraternity back in college. Probably about 5'3, terrible body. I saw him in the gym one time and kind of felt bad because I knew he was probably screwed no matter what he did.

I feel the same way. I know I'll never be impressive by internet standards but I've seen numerous people who definitely have it worse.

And I'm 6'1" so I can't complain too much lol wouldn't trade my height for any amount of muscle.

I personally think anybody can build a pretty significant amount of muscle tissue for their frame, and look pretty "big" to the average person, not necessarily big by today's bodybuilding standards.

I graduated high school at a 118 lbs. I didn't like training and eating at 15-16 (didn't grow much muscle) either due to age, so I quit then and picked it up seriously at 18.

I started again benching the bar, doing deadlifts with 135 lbs, and 115 lb squats for maybe 6 reps. Put on 70 lbs naturally in 2 years from progressive overload and eating a lot. Got a little too soft but learned the importance of food and training.

Leaned down and put on another 30 lbs of lbm with AAS.

I was the smallest kid in elementary school usually, smallest kid in middle school, ad one of the really small ones in high school. I distinctly remember my gym teacher whispering my weight into my ear (67 lbs in 7th grade) instead of announcing it to put it down for these PE forms we had. My family now thinks I had a late growth phase, and have some wrestlers genetics in me. I credit all of this to first having grown up in the Internet era and having access to information. And two following advice from guys like Dante (whose posts on intensemuscle are a goldmine), and Mike Arnold who used to post a lot on MD and give out advice.

When your dad is 130 lbs, all you male cousins weigh less than 130 lbs, you aren't exactly top tier on the genetic spectrum. But then again they're all untrained so we don't really know their potential.

Just thought it was worth sharing this.

Good anecdote. I agree. I don't know how tall you are but like you said, you were 158lb or so when you jumped on gear. So you're presumably a lean 190 now.

Gear changes a lot of this of course. But naturally, I think there are MANY guys who cannot be both big and lean (again by our standards). How many guys of average height are naturally 200+ and lean? Doesn't happen often. Most natural guys end up at a beach-lean 175-190....some will be heavier but it's a minority. Some will be lighter.

If you stayed natural maybe you could have gotten up to 170-175 instead of 158 and that's GREAT progress from where you started, like my roommate, but it's still not big by our standards and that's what my point is.

worst genetics I've seen??

Mine :banghead::banghead:

huge thick joints , wide hip girdle , poor shoulder to waist ratio and endomorph body type

Big joints, means big hands = big dick. Haha there's always a positive side to everything. 😀

Good anecdote. I agree. I don't know how tall you are but like you said, you were 158lb or so when you jumped on gear. So you're presumably a lean 190 now.

Gear changes a lot of this of course. But naturally, I think there are MANY guys who cannot be both big and lean (again by our standards). How many guys of average height are naturally 200+ and lean? Doesn't happen often. Most natural guys end up at a beach-lean 175-190....some will be heavier but it's a minority. Some will be lighter.

If you stayed natural maybe you could have gotten up to 170-175 instead of 158 and that's GREAT progress from where you started, like my roommate, but it's still not big by our standards and that's what my point is.
I'm 5'8 with a lump on my head. Closer to 5'7.

Went from 120 to 195 soft naturally. Leaned out while using AAS and manipulating calories, and sit at 205-210 right now, probably 13-15% bodyfat depending on how much I'm eating. Easier for me to lean out once calories get lower during a cruise due to genetics.

Edit: At 21, I'm probably classified as a baby in bodybuilding years. Given enough time, I think I'll be able to get slowly bigger, and hopefully stay healthier as well.

Last edited:
anyone remember Bigheinz......???

even I felt bad for him....

:(

He was an odd case. I remember seeing pictures of him in the off season and he looked great, but come contest time he looked almost small, softer, and deflated. Something was wrong with contest prep. There were some off season pictures that were truly impressive. BigHeinz is a really nice guy too. Frustrating to see that happen to him.

Havent heard that name in awhile. He never could seem to dial it in

I had a high school track coach who would give all the sprinters like me the same speech every year.... "Everybody wants to be the best and the fastest. I can make everybody faster, but I can not make you fast. I'm pretty sure you guys can interpret that correctly :cool:

Now I got there luck of the genetic draw for sprinting and bodybuilding, a tremendous ratio of Fast twitch over slow twitch muscle fiber. Anybody that has a large majority of fast over slow twitch muscle is going to have an easier time building thick muscle mass. I'm not saying an easy time, just easier than those with slow twitch majority muscle fiber. Bottom line is genetics make it easier for some, but those without the fast twitch majority can and often do become successful as amateur and even pro bodybuilders, it just takes a longer time with a crazy amount of dedication as it is possible to condition slow twitch fibers to respond like fast twitch over years of regular high intensity training.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the best example of a tremendously successful Pro bodybuilder who overcame less than favorable genetics to become one of the first 'freaks' with a sick amount of training and long term dedication.... Tom Platz His legs alone destroyed every single other competitor from his era, and they are a prime example of a man who overcame bad genetics to rise to the pinnacle of the sport.

Last edited:
If talking about the pro's, my vote would be for Craig Titus.

lol 5'8" 240lb contest lean.....such terrible genetics :rolleyes:

I think Titus sucked too. His chest was way undersized and I never seen him with that dense, striated granite like look even at contest time. He's also one of the first bodybuilders that I remember getting that pregnant belly look that you used to rarely see.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws