over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WTF Is It with Gyms These Days?? [RANT]

vulgar

VulgarDisplay said:
Hey Casper....good to see ya...we kind of run that gym the way we want don't we? LOL. The lunch hours is known as meathead hour and most people just kinda stear clear of us. Imagine anywhere from 4-8 of us any given lunch hour all between 240-300lbs grinding it out with some serious intensity!! I hope it doesn't change or I'm moving to Montana to train with Jethro!!

Not to hi-jack... but any news on little casper??

V

Looks like lil casper is gonna stay chillin the womb for another week (with exception to early labor). so things are pretty much normal. As far as lifting, there aint's a mo fo crazy enough to tell someone like you to keep it down or call you out for anything. Thats like tellin Mike Tyson that he has a girly voice. You just know you're gonna get wrecked. Lunchtime is fun though. Wish i could get there more at that time.

Oh yeah, you don't wanna move to montana. Dude, they dont even have paved roads and ya gotta learn to talk funny. No good. But you can get drinks to go so thats one plus.

casper78 said:
Looks like lil casper is gonna stay chillin the womb for another week (with exception to early labor). so things are pretty much normal. As far as lifting, there aint's a mo fo crazy enough to tell someone like you to keep it down or call you out for anything. Thats like tellin Mike Tyson that he has a girly voice. You just know you're gonna get wrecked. Lunchtime is fun though. Wish i could get there more at that time.

QUOTE]

Ahh come on man....next to you I'm a tender little flower!! You going to be able to hit the gym at all this week? La Ha thursday night??

JETHRO

Hey JT. Kinda off the topic of the thread but, Any fish in that river? Bro that sounds awesome. Your gonna have a great set up there. I remember seeing some constuction pic's. Good luck with it all... I am hella jealous by the way!

Back to the thread. Now the gym I train at is transitioning to a freaking body pump, attack ect ect ect. but the thing that gets me most is all the fat ladies walking by you while your trying to bench or walking right behind you when your squatting. No respect for what your trying to accomplish. And this gym is owned by a world record holding ex power lifter. I guess money is more important.

I don't know fellas, Montana was one of my good friend of mine's favorite place. He was well off after being Deputy Attorney General of NJ. He was also a judge and a dominate lawyer in NJ who dis-barred 3 judges (Allen Ferg). He hated beaurocracy and could'nt stand politicians. He now moved to Georgia, but his dream was Montana. I have always said I would like Montana just because he did. He was there several times and told me many stories. He was also a decorated Marine Green Berret Sniper that did 3 years in Kah-Sahn (Did I spell it right? Sorry, no disrespect to vets if I didn't) in 1969. Either way, he told me Montana is beautiful to say the least. He wants to make Montana his resting place, but I haven't talked to him since he left last year in September. BTW, this guy was huge. He lifted with me for years. 6ft 8inches at 265 lbs natural. At a time (1998) he benched 405 for reps natural, and what a guy! Marines, what pride they have. Sempre-Fi Marine, is what he taught me. He also taught me to stand up for what I believe in, no matter what and don't give in.

Last edited:
I hate when I join a gym and the first thing the front desk asks is what kind of classes I'd like to sign up for! None!, I'm not their to socialize nor gather with a bunch of over weight women!!! I''m there to work out. I love a gym that has serious weigh lifters. I would rather be in a grunt gym with only men than with a bunch of wishy washy people who are only able to get excited when they are able to curl 40lbs. for 10 reps. (I do that on a sick day for a bicep warm) . I feel sorry for you guys, you are basically being pushed out of the one place you have called home or felt the most peace at. I would never join a well known name brand gym, I go to the gym for a reason and that is to work out! If your worried about your outfit matching then you don't belong there!!!. I walked onto your turf 15 years ago and I respect all the knowledge that I have gained. I do believe that the strong will survive and that gyms will start to cater to their long term members, if not lets join together and start our own club.

Last edited:
I lift at home and I love it.

I don't think i would lift half the time if i had to go to the gym after work.

I also hated shelling out gym dues. I look at it as Renting an apartment which IMO is a waste of money. I mean you could use those yearly gym dues to keep adding on to your personal gym.

Conan21 said:
I lift at home and I love it.

I don't think i would lift half the time if i had to go to the gym after work.

I also hated shelling out gym dues. I look at it as Renting an apartment which IMO is a waste of money. I mean you could use those yearly gym dues to keep adding on to your personal gym.

I agree 100% if you can do it. But I, myself, can't get into it. I have that A.D.D. thing to deal with. Along with not wanting to spend the money for a hard core gym in my basement, renders me inoperable. But I do understand where you guys are coming from.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE INVITED, VULGAR!

VulgarDisplay said:
Hey Casper....good to see ya...we kind of run that gym the way we want don't we? LOL. The lunch hours is known as meathead hour and most people just kinda stear clear of us. Imagine anywhere from 4-8 of us any given lunch hour all between 240-300lbs grinding it out with some serious intensity!! I hope it doesn't change or I'm moving to Montana to train with Jethro!!

Not to hi-jack... but any news on little casper??

V
MARCH 15TH IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE....AT LEAST THE CONSTRUCTION PART...THEN GETS SWITCHED TO A MORTGAGE. YEAH!!!!

CROWLER....YES....BRING IT!

I'LL TELL YOU GUYS....DON'T LET PEOPLE KNOW ITS A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE....WE ALREADY HAVE A HUGE INFLUX OF OUT OF STATERS! I CALL IT THE 'GREAT WHITE FLIGHT'.....THEY ARE COMING.

Last edited:
HEY !!!COME TO MY GYM!!!!

My gym is open to everyone, is equiped as a hardcore gym, nothing fancy, really nice and powerfull atmosphere, when you get in you only want to train, everybody goes to my gym to train hard, write now i am negociating a leasing for a 45 Nutilus leg press, you know what i mean, 18 plates each side is the monster of the leg presses, there goes from the guy who cleans the restaurants thru millon dollars guys who lives in boats.

And as you know in South Beach you got to look thight and everybody does.
Gays, lesbians, gogo dancers, strippers, cleaners, millionaries, 70 year old ladys and men, childrens, Mai Thai world champions, kickboxers world champions, Jiu Jitsu american team, Pro Bodybuiders woman and mens, ranked amateurs, powerlifters, turist,.......everybody goes to train respecting eachother, and i am always there with my eyes open, even when i am depleting.....

What do you think you going to find in a LA fitness or Ballys, or world gym.
People think in a world gym you can go scream and throw the weights, neader in mine but this big corporations only cares for money, like me also, but they have rules, managers, and they dont know what is the escence of our sport.

Do you like 180 pounds dumbells, 110 45 pounds plates, all hammer strenght equipment and free weights.....

Come to Iron People Gym South Beach.... take a look www.ironpeople.com

(this is not an advertising)

kaiser

Your ADD got nothing on mine. lol. all joking aside I have this very bad. extremely. I should probably take medicine for it. But strangly if its something i'm interested I can get overly focussed.. I guess i have Obsessive Compulsive disorder too.

I think you would be surprised on what you could get withough spending a fortune. its more of a matter of having the space to do it. i mean i didn't buy the best equipment possilbe but i have a decent set up and by the looks of your crib you got alot more flow than me.

Even if i was at a gym i'd still be doing pretty much just the basic exercises. I'd prolly throw in some novelty exercises for fun sometimes but i don't think its needed.

You could still do a ton of variation with a decent home gym set up.

Last edited:
Sorry brother, if I am in the house, I have to be in my wife all of the time, other than that for me to take it serious, I have to go to an external gym.

Last edited:
I have been through 5 gyms in the past 8 yrs. Most of them were against lifting heavy etc... the funniest thing ever was i workedout at a fitness center for a few years, they remodeled it and moved all of the equipment upstairs into a little 20x12 hole. But the bad part was they put all the massage rooms under the gym, so that ended it for me, no deadlifting, dropping weights etc... turned sissy. Good design. The architect obviously never lifted weights.

I am now in a old school golds here in ca but it just got sold to a fitness chain but i talked to the new owner he said no changes. We will see!!! We have DB's to 200 DL platforms is a cool place.

I do see how times have changed. But physiques have changed as well. In the 80' everybody wanted to be big and muscular. Powerlifter/Bodybuilder look. Now days you see fewer big guys each year. Most want to look really lean etc.. Not squatting deadlifting or slamming any heavy weights. So the clubs are going to cater to them. More machines, cables bikes etc....

Long live US!!!!!!

It sucks that my gym doesn't go heavy... I can't find anyone to go heavy with lol... my training partners are out of the game their girlfriends got to them... so just me soloing.

Ivan said:
Kaiser that is why home gyms are becoming more and more popular...too much frat-boy imagery at gyms these days. Just like Ronnie says. it is something like: "everybody wanna be big, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights"

no no no no NO..

it's.."E'ribaddy wantsa be a bodybuilda, but don't nobaddy wanna lif' no heavy ass weights!!!"

Its the same allover the world.

I train in New Zealand and every gym here gets softer every year. Most gyms over here and these are large gyms have 40-50kg(90-120pnds) as their heaviest dumbells.

I think the majority of people who join gyms now just end up talking for an hour and half 3 times a week.

I dont get it, i go to the gym to train as hard as i can. Socialize after your workout.

BigHeinz!

bigheinz - That place looks sick!

I usually travel to SoBe at least once a year - I will definitely train there my next trip!

Last trip I worked out at some place on Ocean and 11 or 12 st. Don't remember then name but it was near the Time Cafe. It was alright, but your place looks like it rocks hard!

The gym looks awesome Heinz. I wish I lived down there, especially now putting up with this cold weather.

I agree with all of ya. My so called FITNESS CLUB I beong to, well
put it this way the dumbells go as far as 80 frekin lbs. And when
you lift heavy all the tredmill fcks look at you like you don't belong
there.

Last edited:
yes, most health clubs suck ass, the hardcore spots are falling in favor of the corporate digs.

i used to train at powerhouse gym in louisville, ky... man that place ruled- $150 up front for the whole year, two racks of dumbells up to 150, 5 squat racks, shit tons of hammer strength equipment, and it stunk like a proper hardcore gym should. i miss that place!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws