over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You want it? Can't have it!

That's not even true any more with all the GMO being used in our food supply and poor treatment of the soil. It's gotten to the point where you have to buy from someone you trust or grow everything yourself to know what you're truly eating.

I almost to late to grow ur own or buy local. Cargill, Monsanto, ADM have been buying up every seed company they can find. It's amazing how many patents these companies have for just corn. GMO corn has been proven to cross contaminate unmodified varieties. Then they can claim the farmers are stealing there GMO corn. They force farmers to buy their seeds and those crops only work with the GMO inputs. The terminator genes that Monsanto used in some tomato varietals. It's a mess. Ur right man this is bad! Food is like UGL gear, we don't know what we are putting into our bodies and it's scary!

Relevant, I thought, because the title of the thread is "You want it? Can't have it!"

So you would agree that people should be free to choose their poisons but that's irrelevant to a discussion about prohibiting trans fats? With all due respect that seems like a contradiction.

I'm against trans fats as well. I just don't think I need to use government to force my beliefs on everyone else. Thats what the free market is for. You vote with your dollars instead of chasing empty promises from politicians.

Anyways I could rant for days ... hence the name.

I'm with ya, but I think the government can play a role in nudging things along. Trans fats aren't like cigarettes, where people know what foods contain them and that they're bad.

Waiting for market forces to stop the use of trans fats would take a long, long time

Well the govt is removing Trans Fats, but in NY it's obviously un-fit to deny your child McDonalds.

Dad ?unfit parent for refusing son McDonald?s? | New York Post

I can't believe what I just read

Relevant, I thought, because the title of the thread is "You want it? Can't have it!"

So you would agree that people should be free to choose their poisons but that's irrelevant to a discussion about prohibiting trans fats? With all due respect that seems like a contradiction.

All this is going to do is create a black market of trans fats where outlaw motorcycle gangs are going to hydrogenate their own unsaturated fats in industrial warehouses selling their dirty products to shady pizzeria joints. The underground trans fat pizza market will boom and since these organized criminals are unable to solve their property disputes in a court of law they'll resort to hydrogenated violence. I'm totally kidding by the way.

But in all seriousness the government is nothing more than a legalized mafia that is bought by big corporations. Why is smoking fine but trans fat banned? Politicians are bought. Laws are bought. Considering the revolving door policy between Monsanto and the FDA, big pharma, yada yada ... do you really trust a politician with your health? Half of these guys are smoking crack anyways.

I'm against trans fats as well. I just don't think I need to use government to force my beliefs on everyone else. Thats what the free market is for. You vote with your dollars instead of chasing empty promises from politicians.

Anyways I could rant for days ... hence the name.

I agree with the general ideas of everything your say, with the exception of including trans fat in a discussion about people and the right to choose what they eat. Trans fats have been factually proven to be very bad for you, and have no place in any foods on this planet. Cigarettes are also bad of course, but they ARE NOT added to something like food in the way trans fats are. You can buy a pack of cigarettes at a store, but you can't buy a pack of trans fats, since they are added to things people already purchase. You won't find tobacco in any foods that you buy, is really my point. I don't like comparing those two things, but that's just me.

You have to remember that toxicity is always dose dependant. Simply the context and dosage at which a person eats a particular food or substance always needs to come into play. Will a bag of fries 2-3 x/wk do anything to harm a person? The answer is no, especially if this person is eating healthy the rest of the time.

Eating unhealthy foods for a long period of time, in excessive amounts can definately have an effect. However, there are also many other factors that would probably come into play with their diet anyway.

For me, government needs to get the hell out of the way in what we eat. Those who are fat and unhealthy will continue to be fat and unhealthy regardless of whether it is eliminated or not. I just do not think that my freedom of choice to eat a bag of fries, a soda, a Gatorade, a hot dog, a cheeseburger, a pizza, ice cream, biscuits and gravy, a big fat filet mignon, etc, etc....should be ruined by a bunch of idiots that do not understand that dosage and context are the determining factor.

I don't think anyone is really arguing whether the government should dictate what we eat. If I want to go to a Mexican restaurant, for instance, I want to know that they don't lace the foods with trans fats, because that would piss me off. There is no need for trans fats in foods, and the only reason they existed to begin with is that so the food quality lasts longer and makes it easier on the restaurant (at least that is the impression I got).

The government should not have a say in anything we do, that doesn't affect others.

We can always tell if they REALLY want to ban something or not. Like with Trans-Fats, they just ban it. No money in it for them to continue to allow it.

Then you've something like tobacco.
The Protocol is:
Make a lot of noise about how unhealthy it is.
Restrict it in some way (tobacco, soft-drinks).
TAX the shit out of it but still "allow" people to choose (as long as they pay for the choice).
Then reap the Taxation rewards as people make the same choice they always have.
Changes nothing, they get money to waste on more bullshit.

Tobacco and alcohol generate huge tax revenue. You REALLY think they want people to stop smoking?

The government should not have a say in anything we do, that doesn't affect others.

We can always tell if they REALLY want to ban something or not. Like with Trans-Fats, they just ban it. No money in it for them to continue to allow it.

Then you've something like tobacco.
The Protocol is:
Make a lot of noise about how unhealthy it is.
Restrict it in some way (tobacco, soft-drinks).
TAX the shit out of it but still "allow" people to choose (as long as they pay for the choice). Then reap the Taxation rewards as people make the same choice they always have.
Changes nothing, they get money to waste on more bullshit.

Tobacco and alcohol generate huge tax revenue. You REALLY think they want people to stop smoking?

Funny thing is Ehren, we went to war over taxes a couple hundred yrs ago and now we hear the word "tax" and it doesn't even bother us, a shame. I read a list of taxes we pay on a daily basis, I almost puked it was so long. This included taxes on the things we use/do on a daily basis

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131