Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training
©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2019
Automatic Translations (Powered by Google, Microsoft& Apertium):
Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Taiwanese Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese

Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training  

Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products
Cheapest Supplements Guaranteed         Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2019
Go Back   Professional Muscle > Professional Muscle Forums > Professional Muscle Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription

CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS         Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription   CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
PM
Facebook
PM
Youtube
PM Mobile App
(Android)
PM
Pinterest
PM
Twitter
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By hogan86
  • 2 Post By Beti ona
  • 1 Post By USMuscle9403
  • 1 Post By b-boy
  • 1 Post By USMuscle9403
  • 2 Post By b-boy

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

Refeed/ high carb day

I get how this works, but do you guys add fats to help with insulin spike and triglycerides if your already eating minimal fats?

If so, I'm not really sure how many grams of fat to add to each meal.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:29 AM
Kilo Klub Member / Sponsor Rep

I`m not sure what your other days look like, but for me a refeed day is meant to replenish glycogen stores that have been depleted all week long. Fat will not do that. Fat does NOT impact insulin at all. The whole week (or days leading up to refeed) will be low carbs (under 50g/day), so obviously the rest of calories is protein and fat. How could a person be low carb AND low fat all week? or Why? In no way am I deficient in fats by time its refeed day. So it is not really needed to add extra fats on "high CARB day". In general keep the fats to a minimum with high carb meals on this day so that process and absorb quickly.
Gunsmith likes this.
Highest quality raws, GH, peptides and finished product
Old 07-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

The most recent opinions of 'experts' are a daily refeed is no use. 2 days above maintenance is needed at a minimum to undo some of the negative affects of dieting. Ideally you may need 1 to 4 weeks above maintenance or a diet break.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan86 View Post
How could a person be low carb AND low fat all week? or Why?
Many competitors do it.
pesty4077 and guest1337 like this.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to USMuscle9403
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbkilla View Post
The most recent opinions of 'experts' are a daily refeed is no use. 2 days above maintenance is needed at a minimum to undo some of the negative affects of dieting. Ideally you may need 1 to 4 weeks above maintenance or a diet break.
The purpose of a one day refeed is much more psychological than physiological. We've seen that with a 24 hour refeed, leptin levels DO spike, but then they drop right back down. So, they're more or less useless for any metabolic spike or any type of hormonal reset. But hey, they're fun and they keep some people sane. And yes, they'll still refill glycogen stores.

If you're maintaining a significant calorie deficit over an extended period of time, periodic diet breaks or refeeds above maintenance for at least a couple days are far more beneficial.
saffire likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:04 AM
IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
Many competitors do it.
Yes^^^ such as a PSMF (protein sparring modified fast)
Gunsmith likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:01 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
Yes^^^ such as a PSMF (protein sparring modified fast)
What is that exactly???
Thatís the first time Iíve heard of that , sounds interesting
Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 AM

When Iím on zero carbs I have one day that my meals will be 25g protein, 75g carbs all day for 7 meals , my daily calories are about the same but lower protein and oly trace fats. Most all carbs are from sweet potatoes and white rice with jelly

I tried this several times this year and liked it better than one or two big cheat meals , gave me zero gastric distress and made me very hungry for the next several days
Old 07-12-2019, 02:10 AM
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to USMuscle9403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
What is that exactly???
Thatís the first time Iíve heard of that , sounds interesting
A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid fat loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each. The diet is generally sustained for about four to six weeks at a time with periodic free meals, refeeds and periods of eating at maintenance calories depending on how lean and active the individual is at any given time.

That's just one example but most follow fairly similar guidelines.
OutToLunch likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMuscle9403 View Post
A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid fat loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each. The diet is generally sustained for about four to six weeks at a time with periodic free meals, refeeds and periods of eating at maintenance calories depending on how lean and active the individual is at any given time.

That's just one example but most follow fairly similar guidelines.
protein is much higher, for instance for me 220lbs it 385 grams of protein. Fats and carbs at 20 grams max each
Gunsmith and pesty4077 like this.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
protein is much higher, for instance for me 220lbs it 385 grams of protein. Fats and carbs at 20 grams max each
Are low calorie veggies allow with something like this??
Like green beans , spinach , broccoli?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Kilo Klub Member / Sponsor Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMuscle9403 View Post
A good example would be Lyle McDonald's Rapid fat loss protocol. It's basically protein at maintenance levels (about 1g/lb lbm), with fat and carbs kept to a minimum; generally about 20g or less of each.

Good example. Lets give perspective on McDonald, he also recommends stimulants like clen, eca, then use BETA BLOCKERS to control your heart rate while doing PSMF. Maybe that`s to much stims?? Not for me, I value life and my health to much. Some fats, are known as "essential" for a reason.
Highest quality raws, GH, peptides and finished product

Last edited by hogan86; 07-12-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
Are low calorie veggies allow with something like this??
Like green beans , spinach , broccoli?
Yes I eat veggies on a PSMF just not a lot.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Kilo Klub Member

I remember Matt saying that in order to reverse the deceleration of the metabolism in a cutting diet, you should be on a reverse diet, less cardio and without stims, for 2 or 3 weeks. In short, it is an nonsense strategy.

Now, if you need to fill your glycogen to feel better, physically, aesthetically, in training and physiologically, well, that's another story.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan86 View Post
Good example. Lets give perspective on McDonald, he also recommends stimulants like clen, eca, then use BETA BLOCKERS to control your heart rate while doing PSMF. Maybe that`s to much stims?? Not for me, I value life and my health to much. Some fats, are known as "essential" for a reason.
He discusses EFAs if you read it.