over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP Long Term Use-I Now Have New Eyes

karak

Registered
Good Afternoon-
This is bound to be controversial so I want to open with the fact that timing, lifestyle, and just bad luck all play a part in our bodies ability to fight off issues.

That being said:

Many have seen my posts, almost solely around DNP use. I used around 200mg for many days on end, and for more than 3 years with breaks between cycles. The weight loss is phenomenal and can't be argued.

Around 3 months ago I woke up to find that my eyes felt clear, clearer than they had felt in months. I found, to my amazement that I did not need contacts that day for driving. Looking on the INTERNET from work I could find no cause and just shrugged, happy with my good luck. For 3 days this excellent vision continued.

On a Saturday I woke up and walked outside to see an overcast day. I commented about it to my wife who said, "Hun its not even that cloudy." I said I noticed a mist and she continued to argue with me. I shrugged it off and continued my day.
Sunday I woke and found that my left eye was cloudy. Almost like dry eye. I ignored it as I do get dry eye from time to time.
By Wednesday the blurriness had not gone away and in fact was much worse. I scheduled my first eye appointment in years.

That night I happened to remember, the POSSIBLE, side effect of DNP and so I walked into my bathroom and checked my left eye...cloudy...very cloudy. Hmm I am 37, that doesn't seem natural.

So the next day the doctor and I sit down and low and behold I have a sub-capsular cataract in my left eye that is of incredible size, and the right eye is almost as bad. A sign of this kind of cataract is SOMETIMES increased vision as the cataract adjusts light hitting the back of your eye.
We talked of surgery and testing to verify I did not have the various illnesses that may cause it. I took every single supplement in bulk, for DNP use and took them on a check off schedule without missing a day so I wondered if something else was up.
As I suspected I was free of diabetes, glaucoma, anything that would signal that situation, and as the doctor said, I was in the best shape he could expect someone of my age to be in who wasn't in a professional sport.

2 months ago the doctor replaced the lens in my left eye, to which he stated it was the most advanced cataract he had seen in 30 years.

2 weeks ago my right eye which he said was, unbelievably, worse than my left.

I had great insurance, total its only cost me maybe 500.00 after reimbursements and so forth. Its been a strain, it has harmed my marriage and put a damper in my life.

I do not blame DNP, I don't blame anything or anyone. It is life. However, since NOTHING else I did has ever been tracked back to possibly be the result of this, and they even had to say, "Possible chemical exposure or digestion" as the cause of my cataracts to my insurance. Well I wanted to post here.

I don't even, nor will I, warn people away from DNP, it works. But a caution to all, and all of us know this already but it bears saying, beware what you put inside you. You take your life into your own hands. I have no regrets, only questions that pop up in my head from time to time.

Thanks all. I am sure I will post here from time to time, its a great site, and great people.

WOW! How long were the breaks between your cycles over this 3 year span? Cataracts is supposed to be an extremely rare side effect, but if you have using it year round...

Would like to know the same thing.....

WOW! How long were the breaks between your cycles over this 3 year span? Cataracts is supposed to be an extremely rare side effect, but if you have using it year round...

Usually 6 months or longer. I started, as in my first try, was about 3 YEARS AGO. And I was not currently taking it, when this occurred.

Yep they are rare, and I think I am nothing more than a badluck case. I am not here to bash DNP, and again never will. It works. However, sort of like much of what we do, it MAY come with risks that creep up on you. I personally think the eyes are our weakest body part when it comes to what we put in our bodies, after the liver, and sometimes, its just bad luck man. Just bad luck.

I had an excellent doctor who asked the right questions and did not make me feel uncomfortable. We discussed everything I have done, and how it was going to go.

The surgery for the first eye was amazing. 30 minutes, a bit of pain(they inflate the eye to keep the bad cataract from going into the gel) and boom 20/20.

The second surgery was terrible. But that was another issue involving a messup with the pain meds during the surgery and not my docs fault.

The ONLY sadness I feel is without the ability to auto-focus I can't see up close at all without switching glasses or getting progressives(in a week). I teach martial arts, paint miniatures, build replica guns, and do airsoft. Sadly they all involve needing to look close and far, quickly from time to time. A real bummer:(

However, the light at the end of the tunnel, is that I had the surgery young. Which means FAR less complications.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. I want to hear more. By the way, sorry about your luck.

Last edited:
That is very interesting. I want to hear more. By the way, sorry about your luck.

Thanks. Its life you know. We all take a chance. And I may or may not have been bitten:)

Not much more to tell. I am young so my eyes heal fast and I am happy with the result. I have 20/15 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left eye. Not bad. But again, contacts...glasses, no autofocus...fucking sort of sucks.

Its life you know? I just tell my wife, its just life.

were you taking any supplements with the dnp? vitamin c, glutathione? anything?

i see you say you were "taking every supplement in bulk" but i'm not sure based on how thats parsed if you meant after you were diagnosed? also what were the supplements?

i think some people just draw the genetic short straw with regards to side effects for certain drugs and no matter what they do they will get bad sides while others can take no precautions and get no ill-effects.

Last edited:
wow...thanks for the post bro...

Im a huge fan of DNP myself. Time to take a look at things for sure..

thank you

were you taking any supplements with the dnp? vitamin c, glutathione? anything?

i see you say you were "taking every supplement in bulk" but i'm not sure based on how thats parsed if you meant after you were diagnosed? also what were the supplements?

i think some people just draw the genetic short straw with regards to side effects for certain drugs and no matter what they do they will get bad sides while others can take no precautions and get no ill-effects.

Sorry about that. I did put it together a bit poorly.
I was indeed on all sups during and still especially Vit. C as, at least in many of the studies, that had a direct correlation.
From the day I took the first DNP pill to the last day I ever did, even during downtimes I took sups.
Others were Vitamin e, a light Multi vitamin and eye protection vitamins with Lutein.

I agree. Genetically I withstand everything in the book, am never ill and frankly have amazing health. I guess when it comes to the eyes, it was just something to happen. That's life and I think we all deal with it in one way or another.

Thanks. Its life you know. We all take a chance. And I may or may not have been bitten:)

Not much more to tell. I am young so my eyes heal fast and I am happy with the result. I have 20/15 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left eye. Not bad. But again, contacts...glasses, no autofocus...fucking sort of sucks.

Its life you know? I just tell my wife, its just life.

Thanks for sharing your story.....

I guess sometimes we "pay to play". Your 100% right....we all take chances when we choose to put certain substances in our bodies....

Good to hear your eyesight is back, but COMEON BRO dont you think you may have gone a lil overboard on the dnp usage lol.:banghead:

Good to hear your eyesight is back, but COMEON BRO dont you think you may have gone a lil overboard on the dnp usage lol.:banghead:

Thanks sir.

Well if you consider I rarely went above 200mg, with up to 6 months off between cycles, and after checking that others, many of whom when high as 500 for 3-4 weeks or 400 for a month. Once I looked at how much I was taking. It was actually less and lower, spread across a longer period of time. Much lower total monthly in fact. Who knows though. Who knows.

Many cycles you see are basically double what I was taking in a VERY short period. Maybe in the future we will find out thats the issue.

When you would use DNP, how long would you be on? I'm sorry for your troubles. From what I understand, this is why the FDA pressured manufacturers to pull DNP as a dietary supplement. May I also ask if you were using powder or crystal and which supplier? Thanks and good luck to you.

When you would use DNP, how long would you be on? I'm sorry for your troubles. From what I understand, this is why the FDA pressured manufacturers to pull DNP as a dietary supplement. May I also ask if you were using powder or crystal and which supplier? Thanks and good luck to you.

Usually 1 pill a day for 20 days, sometimes 30 days, as I was going with such a low amount I would sometimes go longer total intake was less in a cycle than most heavy dose users did in their 7-14 day cycles.. With one or two longer cycles with 5-6 month breaks in between. Took sups, whether I was on it or not.

I don't feel comfortable giving out any supplier data but it was from one of the well known peeps and since I don't blame them, nor do I even know 100% if it was DNP, bad genetics or what I don't want to get into that. I hope you understand.

It was powdered.

i love happy endings :D

Usually 1 pill a day for 20 days, sometimes 30 days, as I was going with such a low amount I would sometimes go longer total intake was less in a cycle than most heavy dose users did in their 7-14 day cycles.. With one or two longer cycles with 5-6 month breaks in between. Took sups, whether I was on it or not.

I don't feel comfortable giving out any supplier data but it was from one of the well known peeps and since I don't blame them, nor do I even know 100% if it was DNP, bad genetics or what I don't want to get into that. I hope you understand.

It was powdered.

Man, that sucks. Thanks for sharing the story though!
Not that it matters, but curious what were you taking it with? In coffee, or capped?

Hmmmm, so its progressed for 3 months until you went to the doc right? When was your last cap before the 3 months.

I remember reading a study which mentioned the onset is quite rapid which is a bummer when you try rid of it early.

Thanks for sharing the story, Im going to book myself a check next week to be on the safe side, but even then there is no guarantee because it may show up years later. Anyone khow how to test for the genetic predisposition or any EARLY signs of DNP induced cataracts?

Man, that sucks. Thanks for sharing the story though!
Not that it matters, but curious what were you taking it with? In coffee, or capped?

Always capped. Took it with a little something in my stomach, like lean chicken or something.

Hmmmm, so its progressed for 3 months until you went to the doc right? When was your last cap before the 3 months.

I remember reading a study which mentioned the onset is quite rapid which is a bummer when you try rid of it early.

Thanks for sharing the story, Im going to book myself a check next week to be on the safe side, but even then there is no guarantee because it may show up years later. Anyone khow how to test for the genetic predisposition or any EARLY signs of DNP induced cataracts?
It progressed freakishly fast. 1 week of excellent sight, when the cataract was just forming, then cloudy and then it went downhill from there. By the time I got the first one repaired I was 100% blind, not blackness but just almost totally greyish white in one eye and could see vague shapes in the other.

I learned some stuff about eyes from the doc.
They can see EVERYTHING, down to the smallest detail. So checking yourself may indeed find something early. Sadly a cataract never goes away and since age, and other related issues also cause cataracts, if DNP advances you in stages and you stop, anything else not related to cataracts will be able to build on that little seed and it will advance faster than it would have, had you not done DNP.

That is, again, if the DNP is the connected cause. For me its safe to assume it was. However, for many, they do it for years and never have side effects

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131