over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quart of 2% Milk PreWorkout?

klowndog

Registered
What would be the drawback of slamming a quart of 2% milk preworkout in lieu of buying a Musclemilk? MM is $3.50, 2% is $1.49. I will get 32g of protein from the 2%, and only 25g from the MM.

I mean when I am in a hurry to go to the gym and have to stop by a convenience store for my PW nutrition. I usually have a shake at home, but don't always have that convenience.

Besides the possibility of puking i dont see any draw backs other than that you may not want the calories. Its a good source of carbs and pro. though... i always have milk pwo in my shakes.. However im not a BB and i just want the calories.

No I don't puke, Ive been doing it for a while, I just remember the debacle with Anabolic Beast, and it seemed the strong consensus shyed away from drinking milk. It's half the price of Muscle milk though. Talk about bang for your buck!

Klown,

Back in the late seventies, we would buy milk five gallons at a time for two of us. It was one of our main calorie sources. Not saying it was the best thing to do, but a lot of people did it.

PWood

Personally, I couldn't do it. But if it works for you, go for it. Money is money and it adds up. The $40-$50 savings/ month will buy you some steaks to grill ;)

I prefer chocolate milk pre and pwo :)

The burps taste better

Raw Milk

If Raw Milk is legal in your state that would be much better. You won't be saving as much money if any but this is your physique we are talking about. If it is important enough to you then corners shouldn't be cut or pennies pinched.

muscle milk

sounds reasonable. if there is a SAMS club near you, they sell the muscle milk by the case and it comes to about 1.70 per carton

Thanks guys. I guess protein is protein huh. Yea I have read that Arnold used to take milk with him to the gym everyday.

I'm not gonna pay 60% more for less protein, just to pay for muscle milks advertising and fancy packaging, I'll spend that extra $2 on a nice steak!

Haven't came across any raw milk but I will def. check into that. There is an organic meat market by my house that sells organic milk/cheese/free range chickens. I will see what they offer.

I buy flats of bottled water at Walmart. WHat I do is pour about 1/2 the water out into the milk carton, then add my protein with a funnel, then funnel in the milk/water mix into the water bottle. This is what I do when I AM prepared. It saves having to wash out a shaker bottle. I usually leave mine in the sink after I drink it, then when I get around to the dishes it smells like something died in the shaker. I then recycle the plastic water bottles after use.

Most adults cannot process lactose well, however that is not to say dairy or milk aren't great anabolic food sources. RAW milk has a lot of key nutrients and growth factors that some studies suggest being big contributors to the rate of growth in early childhood.

why do people always mention the growth factors (IGF) in milk? It won't absorb through the gut. The stomach acid will annihilate the structure of the growth factor. Thats why we inject IGF directly into our muscles to allow absorption into the bloodstream.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear