mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Refeeds and cheat meals what is the purpose?

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
To Continue fat loss (once stalled) w/ same calories ( by what some believe causes an increase metabolism)

Or

Slowing down fat loss so that you don't peak to early

Or

For stubborn areas (love handles, lower back etc ) where calorie deficits need to be deeper

T NATION | The Cheat Meal Manifesto

Here's something Shelby wrote on tnation

As far as lower back glutes and love handles that's all genetic and you have to DIEt (key word capitalized) to get that shit off. No amount of Tren t3 or fat burners will get that shit off without a super strict diet and even then it takes time. Trust me that's exactly where my fat likes to sit I'm not one of the lucky ones. Low carb low fat very high protein diets plus one cheat meal after a leg day works best for me.

for me, a cheat meal a week kept me sane. I don't think it hurt fatloss at all. i don't know if it helped fatloss either.

if there are guys that go really low carb in their diets n have a "reefed or cheat meal" and those include having high amounts of carbs, then i think it would help that guy continue to get leaner cuz his body wouldn't think it was "starving" so to speak. a lil surplus of calories especially carbs seems to awake the metabolism.... sorry for weird rant. had some drinks...
-JS

Last edited:
A properly planned refeed will help prevent some of the metabolic slowdown. It will also provide more energy and replenish glycogen stores resulting in a more intense and effective training session.

Jumpstarting your thyroid and providing sanity.

I did a cheat 2 days at a month out and I was leaner a few days later.

Help fill you out, get leptin back in line, and give you a mental break for the long haul.

I did pancake refeeds until almost 2 weeks out and they where the effin bomb. About 7 pancakes 2sides of stuffed french toast a tbone steak and eggs ......Ahhh....I hop does a body good.

THEBIGGUY84

I thought the point if refeed days was to keep your body from going into starvation mode and holding into fat while In a caloric deficit for long periods of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's impossible to diet perfectly on the exact right amount (for most of us), so you either under-diet, which no one wants to do, or you slightly over-diet and then do re-feeds as necessary.

Also understand this phenomenon: fat loss will stall at a certain point after dieting too hard and/or too long. This isn't just "metabolism" because you can throw all thyroid you want at it and you are going to lose any more fat (you will lose muscle though). When this happens, temporarily increasing calories is the only fix.

question

maybe a dumb question if i diet all week and with a weekly cheat meal lose 2lbs a week.if i skip the weekly cheat meal would i lose 2.5 -3 lbs meaning would it spead fat loss

It's impossible to diet perfectly on the exact right amount (for most of us), so you either under-diet, which no one wants to do, or you slightly over-diet and then do re-feeds as necessary.

Also understand this phenomenon: fat loss will stall at a certain point after dieting too hard and/or too long. This isn't just "metabolism" because you can throw all thyroid you want at it and you are going to lose any more fat (you will lose muscle though). When this happens, temporarily increasing calories is the only fix.

What if one decreases the frequency of the meals by increasing the size of the meals. It would increase leptin and satiety while keeping calories the same

I believe increasing frequency and decreasing size would be more beneficial then the other way around as asked about above.

I believe increasing frequency and decreasing size would be more beneficial then the other way around as asked about above.

In term of leptin increase and doing what a cheat meal does ... No

It's the same thing I see a lot of people consume an extra 500- 1000 cal on training days and decrease them by 5-1000 on off days what's the point that nutrition is not going to recover ( you faster)and build tissue from my personal experience. I found just getting your weekly cal total dividing it by 7 and just changing the balance of carbs and fats on training and off days. To be better for dieting but it's all personal experience not 1 thing will work for anyone( it can but it can be a lot harder on different individuals mentally and satiety) . I don't know about all of you but I think about all this shit to make my dieting easier and to make my physique better.

To Continue fat loss (once stalled) w/ same calories ( by what some believe causes an increase metabolism)

Or

Slowing down fat loss so that you don't peak to early

Or

For stubborn areas (love handles, lower back etc ) where calorie deficits need to be deeper
They definitely boost metabolism n keep fat loss going

They also help satisfy people's cravings

Act as a reward

Give a bit of variety n normality to a diet

I also feel placing them on heavy calorie expenditure days or the day before this really helps power one thru when bf is low

maybe a dumb question if i diet all week and with a weekly cheat meal lose 2lbs a week.if i skip the weekly cheat meal would i lose 2.5 -3 lbs meaning would it spead fat loss

There's really not a clear answer to that, as you'll just have to figure out what works for you.

When I'm not under pressure to go on a date night (which are rare) it is for when I am super low on energy, I feel horrible, and my training is starting to take a hit.

Re-feed, and BAM! Feel like a beast the next day.

Shelby just added back 20g of carbs to my pre and post workout and I've been on zero carbs for a long time now. It is amazing on how much more intense and stronger I was in the gym just from having 20g of carbs pre-workout.

I think the benefits to a weekly cheat day creates a limited time insulin spike that is beneficial to preventing muscle loss along with a chance to refill glycogen levels (makes for a great workout the day after) and keeps your metabolism from slowing while it gets used to the diet. Along with of course a chance to eat some favored foods.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131