over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking egg whites?

Knight.

I'm going to post "I drink my cooked egg whites" ... approved or disapproved?

Well gh15 says you can drink all the egg whites you want because he feels that's the best protein there is period. Hell he doesn't wast his money on that whey "balonie"

man, i remember when Rocky first came out, and me and the boys started eating the raw eggs like rocky, we ate sometimes like 10 raw eggs, for a few months, but we never noticed getting any bigger and had the shits all the time! I remember one time at work one of the boys had to shit real bad from the raw eggs so he shat in a road drain! it was like 2am so no one else saw. so i say raw eggs are shit even the whites. COOK THEM

Start slow and you won't have that problem. Quality free range raw farm eggs rule.

Knight.

I'm going to post "I drink my cooked egg whites" ... approved or disapproved?

I used to do this back in the 90's. It's not bad really. You just boil some water, turn off the burner, then pour the beaten eggs in, take em out after a minute or so, cool in the fridge, then make a shake with them.

Got the recipes from the OTS Serious Growth manual.

They are perfect!

Egg whites in all protein shakes make them a little thick an frothy in a good way. By the way they have no taste so you can mix it with anything, mix away all that protein till your hearts delight!;)

Here's that clinical study comparing the digestibility and bioavailability of cooked vs raw egg whites. This is what fuelled the debate in the first place.

**broken link removed**

" The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9% and 51.3%, respectively"

" In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white."

Here's that clinical study comparing the digestibility and bioavailability of cooked vs raw egg whites. This is what fuelled the debate in the first place.

**broken link removed**

" The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9% and 51.3%, respectively"

" In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white."
Do you not understand that pasteurized egg whites from a carton are not "raw whites"?

No need to be an ass. I'm just posting for people who might be interested. Most people do not drink pasteurised eggs and in any case digestibility will still be much lower than cooked eggs. I've been drinking egg whites including pasteurised for more than 10 years but when I'm not too lazy I always cook them as from my experience it is better.

I think most people do drink pasteurized whites.

Do people actually sit there and crack open a dozen eggs at a time for their whites when there are so many options available in cartons?

Do people actually sit there and crack open a dozen eggs at a time for their whites when there are so many options available in cartons?

Yep, i do in the mornings and at night.

Not trying to be an ass but why? I mean is there a reason besides the fact that it's obviously cheaper?

Just for convenience at the time (could only get them online). Now out of habit (maybe being ignorant to the benefits of pasteurised egg whites) and cost, as i have seen them stocked in supermarkets.
Tbh though i think i'll make the change, didn't realise there was that much difference.

All whites 32oz @walmart for 3.88
That's 100g of protein..

Costco has egg whites for super cheap.

How much at costco? I don't have a membership but friends that do. I could have them get em for me if it's cheaper than what I'm paying.

Costco has egg whites for super cheap.

How much at costco? I don't have a membership but friends that do. I could have them get em for me if it's cheaper than what I'm paying.

I believe its the Kirkland brand? Yes, how much are 32oz whites @ Costco?

I drink roughly 2 boxes of egg whites per week from Costco. Costco is 7.99 for 300g protein

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz