over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep apnea

I have been using my CPAP now for a few years at first didn't use it as I was breathing through my mouth and only had a nasal mask. After going back in at getting a new machine the tech recomended that I try a full face mask it took several to find the first one. But I am happy that I tried now I have one that I like and use my CPAP every night and feel so much better with out I was having 50 events a night. Also had the surgery at first and it only worked for about 6 months as was back on the CPAP.

Just don't get disappointed if when you start the CPAP therapy you don't see the miraculous affects other people have after one night or even a week. Sometimes it takes time and it's a slow process. Just keep at it. I'm about 3 months into and I have good and bad days but overall I think I'm sleeping better and feeling more energized during the day. Also, ask for the S9 Autoset machine and download the Sleepyhead software onto your computer. It will let you monitor the therapy daily (like how any episodes (AHI) you have during the night and a bunch of other stats).

Get a sleep study asap. I was also saturating down in the low 70's during apnea periods. After the cpap I wake up feeling like I did IV ECA. So much energy during the day it doesnt make sense, recovery is better, workouts are better. No disorientation in the morning.

I work in healthcare and deal with stroke and mi patients on the reg, apnea will jack your rbc and H & H through the roof increasing your chances of a stroke or mi tremendously. I did my sleep study more so just for meathead recovery reasons but not stroking out before 40 is also a nice bonus.

My wife tells me I snore all the time. My limbs also jerk and flail around. She says whenever I start breathing she just nudges me and I gasp for air then go back to snoring. She said its even worse if I have been drinking.

I have never done a sleep study and really do not want to get on a CPAP machine. I mean how sexy is that to sleep with a mask on your face. I would never get woke up in the middle of the night for a romp. LOL!!! Has anybody tried out the pillows that are supposed to help with snoring?

Snoring is due to soft tissue collapsing in your throat and mainly in the back of your mouth. Your soft palate and uvula relax and after collapsing they vibrate causing the snoring sound.

Bottom line is all the nasal strips, special pillows, herbs and spices and meds wont stop snoring. Forced air keeping the airway open internally is the only solution we have as of now.

I think too many guys have the creepy image of the cpap being a full face mask. They reserve that for extreme circumstances, most can use the nasal "pillows" ( they look like a soft squishy nasal cannula or just a small piece that fits over your nose which is what I use.

Yes, it looks like shit and yes it works and is 100% worth it.

Snoring is due to soft tissue collapsing in your throat and mainly in the back of your mouth. Your soft palate and uvula relax and after collapsing they vibrate causing the snoring sound.

Bottom line is all the nasal strips, special pillows, herbs and spices and meds wont stop snoring. Forced air keeping the airway open internally is the only solution we have as of now.

I think too many guys have the creepy image of the cpap being a full face mask. They reserve that for extreme circumstances, most can use the nasal "pillows" ( they look like a soft squishy nasal cannula or just a small piece that fits over your nose which is what I use.

Yes, it looks like shit and yes it works and is 100% worth it.

I am using the face mask instead of the nasal pillows and it actually doesn't bother me at all. The prospect of proper sleep is so appealing a mask doesn't seem like a big deal.

I am using the face mask instead of the nasal pillows and it actually doesn't bother me at all. The prospect of proper sleep is so appealing a mask doesn't seem like a big deal.

I tried the full face mask and it felt like I was suffocating and was getting a bunch of leaks. Tried the Tap Pap, which is basically just the nasal pillows and a mouth piece, and loved it. Haven't used anything else since then.

I tried the full face mask and it felt like I was suffocating and was getting a bunch of leaks. Tried the Tap Pap, which is basically just the nasal pillows and a mouth piece, and loved it. Haven't used anything else since then.

Mouth piece with nasal pillow instead of chin strap? Maybe I should try that. I've tried many variations, full face mask, nasal pillow, etc. If you're a natural back sleeper I'd imagine cpap is wonderful. I can't sleep on my back and turn constantly. Less than ideal.

Anyone found that a BiPap was more comfortable and adaptable than the cpap? Breathing out against resistance often made me feel like I couldn't breathe well or exhale properly when using the cpap because my nasal airway is already restricted. I wish I had demanded a BiPap instead before I just outright purchased the cpap.

A power-lifter buddy of mine started using a cpap over a year ago and he claims it has been a life saver for him and his family. His wife finally agreed to sleep in the same bed with him again, and he has also dropped a significant amount of body fat.

Anyone found that a BiPap was more comfortable and adaptable than the cpap? Breathing out against resistance often made me feel like I couldn't breathe well or exhale properly when using the cpap because my nasal airway is already restricted. I wish I had demanded a BiPap instead before I just outright purchased the cpap.

I guess that's technically what mine is. It has sensors that monitor breathing so I don't even have to turn it on, if I put the mask on my face it turns itself on. I starts the pressure low and doesn't ramp it up until it knows I'm asleep. It reduces the pressure when I exhale. Pretty nice actually. Getting used to it with these features has been pretty easy.

It killed Reggie White. They say he would not use his machine. Been in one since 2005. Its a life saver. Im sure GH can add to the soft tissue growth and create this issue in some

a lot of good info in this thread.. I think every athlete/bodybuilder should have a test done.

I myself need to get one asap

Finally broke down and had a sleep study this year. Been using a nasal mask for 3 months and I love the sleep I get now. I used to toss and turn all night and have my arms fall asleep and tingle, now I sleep straight through the night. I don't move at all all night long. How I fall asleep is how I wake up.

I have had to get a chin strap to keep my mouth closed and I want to try a full mask because I have nights my nose is stuffy and it is difficult to exhale. I have an Apap the a is for auto. It can adjust on the fly and it also pushes less when you exhale. I occasionally fight with the mask but so far it is worth it. I wake up and want to get out of bed now. That has never been the case before the cpap.

what you guys think about a humidifier?

I know that's not going to take the place of a cpap machine or anything.. but put a humidifier on the nightstand next to your bed.. could possibly help some

what you guys think about a humidifier?

I know that's not going to take the place of a cpap machine or anything.. but put a humidifier on the nightstand next to your bed.. could possibly help some
C'mon bro... I don't think so.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner