over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Flexible Dieting"

Alberto Nunez at 3dmj. has a lot to offer on the issue. He's shredded as anyone I've seen.

So what did u eat? Lol.

3 slices of pepperoni, pineapple, Canadian bacon, garlic pizza, Pringles barbecue flavor, peppermint minis like m@m's mint, kit kat minis, waffle cookies, and peanut butter. :D

No worries, Im used to it by now.

Do you demand permission or approval from people in real life to express their opinions or ask questions in real life? Let's say someone steps out of line. What do you do?

I asked the question considering many bodybuilders, including pros we all know of, have been flexible with their diets.

Do you demand permission or approval from people in real life to express their opinions or ask questions in real life? Let's say someone steps out of line. What do you do?

I asked the question considering many bodybuilders, including pros we all know of, have been flexible with their diets.

Really, honestly, truly, no fucks were given Bradly, ask away.
Don't truly care on this one, was just joking around Mr Thensitive.

Some guys can get away with flexible eating to an extent and stay lean. Honestly though 100g of protein from a milkshake and 100g of protein from chicken put the if it fits my macros argument to shame. If you are that dedicated to bodybuilding you would suck it up and eat clean year round

Some guys can get away with flexible eating to an extent and stay lean. Honestly though 100g of protein from a milkshake and 100g of protein from chicken put the if it fits my macros argument to shame. If you are that dedicated to bodybuilding you would suck it up and eat clean year round

I think a lot of what the IIFYM proponents have done is find people who have the genetics to support their position. Freaks who eat mcdonalds and stay lean types.
Not too mention as I said, they prime it with people who come off shows and are in situations with really good insulin sensitivity and low body fat stores, ideal conditions for eating dirty and staying lean.
They use these types to say- SEE it works just fine, but the genetically average person better stay clear and eat clean or as they call it 'bro foods'.
I know for me, I eat that way, I look like someone who's been eating crap, I eat clean I look more like a bodybuilder...well sort of lol.

Last edited:
The if it fits your macros for guys that follow per meal is different then fu blown daily macros. Because sure you can interchange vitargo for coco puffs post workout . But as soon as you try to change 110 carbs to fit in a small pizza is where the trouble starts.

The if it fits your macros for guys that follow per meal is different then fu blown daily macros. Because sure you can interchange vitargo for coco puffs post workout . But as soon as you try to change 110 carbs to fit in a small pizza is where the trouble starts.

great analogy

Someone posted an interview of a guy with Phil Heath talking about dieting and all that. Heath said he used to eat shit here and there earlier in his career and said he probably still could because of his genetics etc but he doesnt. He said the real transformation in his physique came when he paid close attn to what he ate and cut out the crap foods.

IMHO, if your the avg gym guy that wants to look good and all that then sure flexible dieting may work for many. But if your looking to step onto the National level stage or Pros you better have some strong motivation to be the best and follow a proper diet none of this iifym of flexible dieting crap.

I think a lot of what the IIFYM proponents have done is find people who have the genetics to support their position. Freaks who eat mcdonalds and stay lean types.
Not too mention as I said, they prime it with people who come off shows and are in situations with really good insulin sensitivity and low body fat stores, ideal conditions for eating dirty and staying lean.
They use these types to say- SEE it works just fine, but the genetically average person better stay clear and eat clean or as they call it 'bro foods'.
I know for me, I eat that way, I look like someone who's been eating crap, I eat clean I look more like a bodybuilder...well sort of lol.

If you accurately track your calories there's no reason why you wouldn't stay lean while eating mcdonalds, in the end it's calories in vs out. Problem is that the people who usually have mcdonalds don't really track what their eating and end up eating too much.

Saying that, I have tried the IIFYM approach (trying to have some junk everyday and make it fit in my macros) but for me it was just too much hassle (tracking your macros daily), made me crave more of the crappy foods and also made me more hungry since junk foods are not as satiating as e.g. chicken & broccoli. Also when dieting I'm not happy with one donut, I want a dozen! Of course you could just swap your chicken with lean meat or potatoes with rice but to me that's not IIFYM that's just common sense.

If you accurately track your calories there's no reason why you wouldn't stay lean while eating mcdonalds, in the end it's calories in vs out. Problem is that the people who usually have mcdonalds don't really track what their eating and end up eating too much.

Saying that, I have tried the IIFYM approach (trying to have some junk everyday and make it fit in my macros) but for me it was just too much hassle (tracking your macros daily), made me crave more of the crappy foods and also made me more hungry since junk foods are not as satiating as e.g. chicken & broccoli. Also when dieting I'm not happy with one donut, I want a dozen! Of course you could just swap your chicken with lean meat or potatoes with rice but to me that's not IIFYM that's just common sense.

I believe you are saying the same as others, who can go and eat 1/5 of a Big Mac?
Plus in order to keep track of the foods I eat its a little more simple when I have control of making my own meals not buying something pre-fabricated so to speak.

I believe you are saying the same as others, who can go and eat 1/5 of a Big Mac?
Plus in order to keep track of the foods I eat its a little more simple when I have control of making my own meals not buying something pre-fabricated so to speak.

Agreed and also eating 800 cals in a big mac is different than eating a 800 cal subway sandwich......

It's a circular argument that depends on your goals, metabolism etc. as everyone has touched upon.

For me, the premise of IIFYM and Carb Backloading work in theory, but I'm the type that can't stop at one cheeseburger, I need three with a side of fries and ice cream to finish it off much like JJ. These type of diets encourage binge eating and take me down a path to my former fatty genes.

CBL with complex carbs in the evening is probably the best approach for someone like me, with one designated cheat night per week to keep me mentally in the game, so to speak.

Expecting to replace rice with pop tarts and not overeat / shoot past my calorie needs is not realistic. For some, maybe that works. They can self-regulate their eating. But that's not me! I need structure, pre-planned meals and designated cheats.

Yeah definitely if it's something I eat everyday I want to make sure the quality is good.

Here's an example:

If you want to make mashed potatoes what ingredients do you need? Potatoes and maybe some milk and butter? Well if you're going to popeyes you're in for a surprise: Popeye?s Mashed Potatoes with Gravy | Fast Food Ingredients | Fast Food Ingredients.

Doesn't sound very appetizing...

It's a circular argument that depends on your goals, metabolism etc. as everyone has touched upon.

For me, the premise of IIFYM and Carb Backloading work in theory, but I'm the type that can't stop at one cheeseburger, I need three with a side of fries and ice cream to finish it off much like JJ. These type of diets encourage binge eating and take me down a path to my former fatty genes.

CBL with complex carbs in the evening is probably the best approach for someone like me, with one designated cheat night per week to keep me mentally in the game, so to speak.

Expecting to replace rice with pop tarts and not overeat / shoot past my calorie needs is not realistic. For some, maybe that works. They can self-regulate their eating. But that's not me! I need structure, pre-planned meals and designated cheats.

I don't get how people can have 1 or 2 pop tarts, I want to eat the whole friggin box!!! Just like with pizza, I don't want 1 slice, I want the pizza

Yeah definitely if it's something I eat everyday I want to make sure the quality is good.

Here's an example:

If you want to make mashed potatoes what ingredients do you need? Potatoes and maybe some milk and butter? Well if you're going to popeyes you're in for a surprise: Popeye?s Mashed Potatoes with Gravy | Fast Food Ingredients | Fast Food Ingredients.

Doesn't sound very appetizing...

Right- plus the low quality of the actual foods, not much nutritional value there, meat from McD's and meat you buy from a store, say such as grass fed beef on opposite ends of the spectrum nutritionally.

I did this last year on a mini diet to get ready for Mexico. No carbs all day then some at night before bed, and those carbs could be anything, Id usually have some toast with PB and Jam with my eggs or a few Eggo Waffles. It worked and was pretty easy. Once a week maybe twice a nice cheat meal with the family. I focused more on cardio and less on weights as I didnt care really. I enjoyed it and it will be something I will do in the future.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws