over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Flexible Dieting"

eat it. its not gonna hurt you.

btw that guy is timberwolf or what was his name from BB.com right?
the jacked taiwanese guy with long hair :D

i eat junk every once in a while while dieting but i know that ill have to make up for the calories by eating less in the other meals and that usually means less nutrients and more hunger. junk food doesnt kill my hunger at all, whereas "clean" food does.
also junk has a tendency to make people binge, probably because of the higher insulin secretion because of the simple sugars.

so in the end eating junk means suffering from hunger, so i'll usually just dont do it or just have it on my cheat meal / refeed day.
Yep. Timbahwolf

He's basically saying. Just don't eat junk. Junk food is not nutrient dense, just calorie dense. Certain "clean carbs" are not very nutrient dense either when you think about it. Potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes...they don't really supply a whole lot of micronutrients. They simply serve to fill the carbohydrate macro role.

B you are as vague as Phil used to be.
Care to expand a little?

Just go eat that fucking double double man, lol. If that's you in your avatar then you look great!

I'm kinda eating like this now, I'm bloated like a pregnant lady with twins. It also looks like I'm starting to gain fat.

I can get away with it at lower calories but once I get on a high calorie diet if I eat like a dirty pig I look like a dirty pig [emoji200]

Your avitar makes me salivate. I dream about food a lot lately.

this is usually caused by 2 reasons calories are to low or your diet is very strict meaning you only allow certain foods.there is no need to completely cut out foods you like. are you still dieting for a show? if not try adding in a cheat meal every day yes everyday. im not saying a lot of calories just saying something that you want to eat that may be unhealthy. also there are a lot of tasty healthy foods and really no need to eat something you dont like. if you are dieting for a show well im not an expert on that so dunno how it would effect your results.

this is usually caused by 2 reasons calories are to low or your diet is very strict meaning you only allow certain foods.there is no need to completely cut out foods you like. are you still dieting for a show? if not try adding in a cheat meal every day yes everyday. im not saying a lot of calories just saying something that you want to eat that may be unhealthy. also there are a lot of tasty healthy foods and really no need to eat something you dont like. if you are dieting for a show well im not an expert on that so dunno how it would effect your results.

I'm dieting for several upcoming shows. I want to do my best. :)

I'm dieting for several upcoming shows. I want to do my best. :)

oh ok. so obviously your cravings are out of control due to low calories. once your shows are over and your back to eating normally they will subside. im sure you know this by now. until then try to stay motivated and remember why your doing them. dont precontests diets usually have cheat days to help keep ya sane? how long until your first show?

This thread makes me want to eat salt and pepper chicken wings. Gonna get some now :D

I remember when all this hoopla about flexible dieting hit, I looked into it, the thing that came up a lot was you had to be dieted down from traditional dieting methods first in most cases.
These werent fatties who got on flexible dieting then got all ripped up, these were people that got their insulin sensitivity and body fat where they needed to be in order to follow flexible dieting plan.

This sums it up. Another fairy tale squashed here at pm. Thanks adjos.

oh ok. so obviously your cravings are out of control due to low calories. once your shows are over and your back to eating normally they will subside. im sure you know this by now. until then try to stay motivated and remember why your doing them. dont precontests diets usually have cheat days to help keep ya sane? how long until your first show?

First show is in early January. One or two in feb and March as well

My wife and I worked with a guy that wanted to do this diet or something
similar. It was like a 80 page manual well written with some scientific research thrown in. We had him try it basically eating healthy during the day and eating total crap at night. He lost weight but it was a combination of fat and muscle; he's now up about 60 pds and fat.....it didn't work for him. If you want a diet that feeds you look into Fortitude Training by Scott Stevenson ....post workout meals satisfy.

JJ,
you already know this but I say eat super clean and often and have a cheat meal when you cant stand it BUT don't make it a buffet style cheat meal. just a cheat "item" can do the trick.
I was 2 weeks out few years ago and CRAVINGs were bad. I carefully measured 35gm of carbs from Sour Straws:love: for my carb macro one meal. it wasn't the cleanest/healthiest food but taste heavenly at 2 week out mark and kept me from binging and blowing the diet.

same diet I also measured out a piece of chocolate cream pie and had that for my carbs and fats macros with two chicken breasts for the protein one meal.
not the healthiest/cleanest foods but hit my macros and I was able to feel sane for few more days rather than cracking and binging and blowing my look.
a cheat ITEM can be all you need sometimes.

EDIT: Sour Straws are like crack to me. I LOVE them.:)
-JS

^^Johnny, agreed bro! Also make sure its a very rich tasting food because usually, you wont even eat the whole piece like cheesecake or something really rich in chocolate like the pie you ate. Take your time and really enjoy eating it instead of just inhaling it and before you know it, you will be satisfied. Mind you if your just took a shot of GHRP's throw everything I said out the window! LOL

-Baseline

That's exactly what my buddy just told me, that junk calories add up fast so I'll be hungry. He said to eat bags of frozen veggies to
compensate for hunger. :D
[lang=es]if you feel hungry just eat vegetables all the amount you want ..... Because if you want to be in a condition to compete I do not think you make it eating bacon and ice cream ......[/lang]

You nailed all you need to know about it in your first post, too many people in here preaching bs stuff that HAVEN'T tried it or want to stick to the old ways. Seems like you've done your research.

TRY IT yourself . I'm a former childhood fatty and I got peeled using it and it helps me maintain , too many bodybuilders and fitness people start developing food disorders because of silly stuff like this imo. Moderation is key and most people just don't get that. I can also give examples of a few natty bodybuilders in here who also use this method , because i saw one person in here mention aas as if that was the only reason why this method was working LMAO , some people will say the silliest things to steer you away or to persuade you.

I was skeptical at first but I started doing something pretty much the exact same thing YEARS ago, I would do keto and would fill my diet with things like hot dogs, spam, bacon, non natty pb,cheeses , butter etc basically what I could fit into my macros (before I knew about iifym). Or when I would diet with carbs I would eat cereal post workout etc, it was really convienent because these were foods I had around the house that was usually only eaten by the people who didn't care about their nutrition in the house. I kept on getting more and more chill about it and experimented , I noticed NO difference physique WISE OR health wise and I get my bloods checked about 4 x a year.

I recommend you try this method out, stop listening to the bro science people or the crowd who likes to consider them-self too hard core, I know that was my biggest problem. Have you noticed most people who dogged it never tried it , they only give examples or stories they heard? Or if they say they've tried it I'd be willing to bet they haven't actually tried it or somehow messed things up like going overboard on the processed foods , they basically go from one extreme to the other.

NOW health wise things such as blood work, and your energy levels / mood. That might differ , logically speaking I don't think it's hard to see why. BUTTTT I have noticed for me and two other close bodybuilders who use this method that I've spoken to it's all the same as before EXCEPT hunger but for hunger if it comes we make sure to eat lots of veggies if that's ever an issue or fill it with more satiating foods such as oatmeal over a few processed sugars which hardly have any satiation or filling to them.

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner