advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use whey as their primary protein source?

Attachments

• protein comparison.jpg
    protein comparison.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 344
I have seen him post the same thing in a few Synthepure protein threads...Every time someone calls him out for a source on his info...Every time after that he is nowhere to be found:rolleyes:

So the numbers he posted are obviously incorrect, but I don't know if he was referring to a good protein powder or something shitty (looks like either way he was way off). There is such a huge gap in the difference between something like Synthepure and something like Muscle Milk. (based on the information K1 posted that we have seen before)

The OP posted that he was using 350g whey concentrate a day. Now we all know that there is much less actual protein per serving in the lower end whey concentrates. I usually buy Iso-100 or VPX Zero Carb SRO, just so I know im getting mostly protein and not fillers.

As far as bioavailability I would assume good protein powders have high bioavailability, I mean its so easy to digest and is so easily absorbed. In solid foods the protein gets damaged when its cooked. I guess that's why most of us slam a shake right after training, right ?!?! Lol. Unless we are all stupid.

When I worked with Shelby and got in the best shape of my life he allowed for 50% of my meals to be shakes. I did get in a great shape. However I was also on 500 mg of test, which may have been a bit forgiving on my protein source.

Now as a natural I m having a hard time looking full, or impressive with 3 shake meals, but maybe it won't be any different with all meats.

Scooby the guy from youtube eats mainly powders and he looks decent, but he also seems to be on some test

Its gonna be dependent on goals, if you are tyring to rip up a meal plan consisting of mostly whole foods is usually recommended.
If Im trying to add size then some extra shakes to drink some of the extra cals I need is ok.
PWO Ill have a shake- but sometimes I will use a mix of shake and food as well.
Just depends on the situation and the diet Im on at the time.

Shakes also dont give the thermic effect of whole food and can be more insulogenic as well, so there use should be planned thoughtfully IMO.

i know when i am in a calorie deficit the last thing i want to consume is a shake. give me meat! :D

work at a cheese plant. they practically give it away. its wpc 80. whatever that means. all i know is it gives me an obscene amount of gas. i swicthed to hemp protien from trader joes. good protien but expensive. gonna try a name brand soon.

Its gonna be dependent on goals, if you are tyring to rip up a meal plan consisting of mostly whole foods is usually recommended.
If Im trying to add size then some extra shakes to drink some of the extra cals I need is ok.
PWO Ill have a shake- but sometimes I will use a mix of shake and food as well.
Just depends on the situation and the diet Im on at the time.

Shakes also dont give the thermic effect of whole food and can be more insulogenic as well, so there use should be planned thoughtfully IMO.

I think we can all agree that its just like everything else in BB, Everyone is different !!! It will effect everyone differently, and of course goals play a big part in what someone might decide to go with.

Im telling you someone like me misses the shakes because I hate to cook, and I especially hate the clean up after cooking. And buying your meals out makes it hard to eat good, but im 100% off AAS right now and im trying to keep my size. So trying to change it up by eating more solid food is just what I need to do right now.

edeja7, gas is a major side effect for some people when it comes to concentrate. Try Dymatize ISO-100, you can get it at any supplement store

It's an International Nutrition Research Center study on NNU or Net Nitrogen Utilization.

There are many ways the efficacy of protein intake can be measured. Many of them are outdated or simply prove nothing.

Basically, if I drank 100 grams of Whey Isolate, my body would actually put 16 grams of it to use for muscle building purposes.

If I eat 100 grams of protein from meat, fish, or poultry my body will put 32 grams of it to use for muscle building purposes.

Actual whole food protein is twice as efficient as Whey Protein. This is the reason for whole food meal recommendations. You will eventually notice a difference. There is also something to be said for forcing your body to chew, digest, and process all of the extra food.

Now...if I only put 16 grams out of 100 to work on muscle building, is that bad? Not really. We've never known any different.

You will notice that Whey will work better for you if you combine it with whole food meals and use it to bump up your protein intake at every meal.

Please source where you got those info from. 16%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

work at a cheese plant. they practically give it away. its wpc 80. whatever that means. all i know is it gives me an obscene amount of gas. i swicthed to hemp protien from trader joes. good protien but expensive. gonna try a name brand soon.

Wpc 80 is about the shittiest whey you can buy. So it will give you gas for sure. I think in the 1990s i was buying that stuff from Supplement Direct in a big 10lb bucket.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I love shakes cause most of them I make aren't shakes they are more like a pudding or sludge consistency. 3 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of almond butter or 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter and I eat it with a spoon. Fucking addicting.

I love shakes cause most of them I make aren't shakes they are more like a pudding or sludge consistency. 3 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of almond butter or 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter and I eat it with a spoon. Fucking addicting.

Ive been doing the same for years, they are quite good like that.

It's an International Nutrition Research Center study on NNU or Net Nitrogen Utilization.

There are many ways the efficacy of protein intake can be measured. Many of them are outdated or simply prove nothing.

Basically, if I drank 100 grams of Whey Isolate, my body would actually put 16 grams of it to use for muscle building purposes.

If I eat 100 grams of protein from meat, fish, or poultry my body will put 32 grams of it to use for muscle building purposes.

Actual whole food protein is twice as efficient as Whey Protein. This is the reason for whole food meal recommendations. You will eventually notice a difference. There is also something to be said for forcing your body to chew, digest, and process all of the extra food.

Now...if I only put 16 grams out of 100 to work on muscle building, is that bad? Not really. We've never known any different.

You will notice that Whey will work better for you if you combine it with whole food meals and use it to bump up your protein intake at every meal.

Great post. Someone understands.

Can you please post the source. A quick Google search didn't turn anything up.

Great post. Someone understands.

I need to find the Dr. Layne Norton study that showed pretty much the opposite of that, he has stated multiple times he feels that whole food and shakes can be used interchangeably and you will pretty much get the same result.

That being said if i am home and not at work i will always choose the the whole food just because i'm always so fucking hungry.
But if theirs a day where i have to work a show or a 9 hour bartending shift a few more meals are coming from the shakes.

I know Dante always talks about that dude he sponsers who has no appetite and only does liquid meals, and he is an absolute monster.... either way both works...maybey><

this is only true for simpyl ingesting whey and NOTHING else.

whey+water. all day.

just drinking your whey with MILK completely squashes these numbers.

I do 6 meals a day : 4 solid 2 shakes.
Do i notice difference vs whole food meals? Hell yeah! It's easier on my body and i diggest food much better with these 2 shakes beteween meals.

Last edited:
i drink 75 grams of whey/day mon-friday. 50 grams on saturday and 25 grams on sunday.

I do 6 meals a day : 4 solid 2 shakes.
Do i notice difference vs whole food meals? Hell yeah! It's easier on my body and i diggest food much better with these 2 shakes beteween meals.
same. one at wake up (530-6am) one at mid morning between breakfast and lunch (1030am) and one post workout. been doing this for years with the same powder... dynamatize elite whey ~25g/scoop. i picked this one because it mixes easily with water, tastes good, high in fat and zero sugars (i get enough sugar from ice cream and cookies EVERY night). im not lying either ;)

Last edited:

Mixing whey and peanut butter in cooked oatmeal is insanely addicting. It's easy to eat 2000 calories in one sitting doing this lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws