mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curbing a Binge.. Share your methodology.

are we talking "SHOW TIME" here...???

or what OP is saying....everyday regular JOE....as he says...???

:cool:

Everyday Joe, really as should any competitor should have a routine set up whether trying to gain lean muscle or trying to get ripped for a show or making it a lifestyle, to where theoretically they've found what works for there metabolism. Whether it be one cheat meal every few days to one cheat meal once a week or if your in the last few weeks trying to get that extra little shit off your trouble spots during contest prep no cheats whatsoever.

One thing I've really incorporated this "off season" is having 1 meal per day around 1000-1300 calories I really enjoy.

I eat chicken turkey and rice and potatoes all day and when I get off work I'll have seafood pasta, homemade hamburger, ribeye steak and mashed potatoes, etc... just good calorie dense meal and by doing this I've found I stay full and don't get fat. But I also have days where I drop my carbs down to under 100 just so I can enjoy meals on those other days.

•Set goals for yourself, ask yourself do I REALLY want to look a certain way or do I "kinda" wanna look this way but I don't wanna do what it takes to get there.

•Diet is 90% percent of the equation (at least for my metabolism it is) I can't eat shit all day like some people. I have to watch it for the most part.

•You have to stay consistent with your plan. If you gotta have something sweet drink some zero calorie artifially sweetened drinks. Or just suck it up and quit staring into the fucking refrigerator!! Lol

Last edited:
3-4 cans of diet coke and i don't want to eat anything anymore...

same works with flavoured water 0cal

sometimes i use frozen fruit, fills up quick and is sweet/low cal (100g of grapes)

eat till not hungry, not till you cannot take another bite

i do this at buffets, once I'm not hungry, i stop. lots of people eat until their full (can't swallow another bite) and i think this is stupid, you feel like shit after and don't enjoy the meal.
small portions of a lot of foods at buffet's lets you try a bunch of food

are you "over weight"....or consider yourself as so...???

is your goal to stay lean...??? or lose weight...???

or gain muscle...???......or maintain a certain body weight..???

i FULLY agree with eat when hungry....til not hungry...

its the best way to feed.....safest way to eat...

question is....what do you eat..."when you are hungry, when i guess you
are technically not supposed to be...???" i guess....LMAOO

:D

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but with the high amount of clean food I have to consume each day, even when dieting, I have no room to binge....
Anyone ever try to eat 5k worth of clean food, 400grams of protein etc...
All you do is eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about you guys but with the high amount of clean food I have to consume each day, even when dieting, I have no room to binge....
All you do is eat!

when why feel the need to binge...???

ohhh....or are you saying....you have no want to binge...???

lolol i get it now...

Everyday Joe, really as should any competitor should have a routine set up whether trying to gain lean muscle or trying to get ripped for a show or making it a lifestyle, to where theoretically they've found what works for there metabolism. Whether it be one cheat meal every few days to one cheat meal once a week or if your in the last few weeks trying to get that extra little shit off your trouble spots during contest prep no cheats whatsoever.

One thing I've really incorporated this "off season" is having 1 meal per day around 1000-1300 calories I really enjoy.

I eat chicken turkey and rice and potatoes all day and when I get off work I'll have seafood pasta, homemade hamburger, ribeye steak and mashed potatoes, etc... just good calorie dense meal and by doing this I've found I stay full and don't get fat. But I also have days where I drop my carbs down to under 100 just so I can enjoy meals on those other days.

•Set goals for yourself, ask yourself do I REALLY want to look a certain way or do I "kinda" wanna look this way but I don't wanna do what it takes to get there.

•Diet is 90% percent of the equation (at least for my metabolism it is) I can't eat shit all day like some people. I have to watch it for the most part.

•You have to stay consistent with your plan. If you gotta have something sweet drink some zero calorie artifially sweetened drinks. Or just suck it up and quit staring into the fucking refrigerator!! Lol

you ever make a shake in the evening to drink when the hunger pains
get to intense in the night while prepping...???

i would make em....put em in the refrigerator for mid nite...

50 whey....1/4 oat.......Tbs coc oil

All you do is eat!

Depends on the person. I come from an obese background.

This past summer I was pounding 5000-5500 clean kcals a day and still was raiding the cupboards at night for prebed Oreos

now....is it considered "binge" ....or simply satisfying a hunger...

from starving..????

what the difference..???

how does anyone know the difference...???

NY...??? i would consider you the authority on this.,..,???

I mean if it's hunger from a serious cut, it most likely has to do with leptin and ghrelin imbalances, and I've been told that is to blame for serious competition/starvation diet binging

I mean if it's hunger from a serious cut, it most likely has to do with leptin and ghrelin imbalances, and I've been told that is to blame for serious competition/starvation diet binging

so basically a BAD competition diet...????

i totally get that.....any imbalance can cause any type
of binge...

mine would be a fucking budwiser.....

:(

so basically a BAD competition diet...????

i totally get that.....any imbalance can cause any type
of binge...

mine would be a fucking budwiser.....

:(

Mine would be cognac. :D

you ever make a shake in the evening to drink when the hunger pains
get to intense in the night while prepping...???

i would make em....put em in the refrigerator for mid nite...

50 whey....1/4 oat.......Tbs coc oil

Oh shit yeah I've done it all lol

A scoop of whey
Whey ice cream concoction (whey protein,little bit of oats partially frozen)
A tablespoon or 2 of Natural PB
A tablespoon of coconut oil by itself

This last year sometimes I would actually wake up and prepare some chicken and rice and I ate a shit ton of dill pickles in the middle of the night.

Wake up with cravings go open the fridge drink a diet sprite and eat some sliced dill pickles. Shit hit the spot ha

I hate to say this since willpower is part of the game. But this is why I keep a very large amount of 20mg xr adderall around.

Amohetamine salts are prescribed to people with BED, changed my life

I also DONT condone using it. Addictive as fuck

Opinion only

-air

thats a good suggestion. the problem with stims however, is when they wear off dont you get a worse hunger? or by the time it wears off, your mind is in a more logical place?

i know you practice fasting.....but when starving you consider
starving yourself as a solution...???

what if you are looking to gain weight....muscle mass...

what meal would you incorporate..????

just starve...???

Well the issue at hand is his binging and cravings... in my opinion when you're binging or craving it's not because you're hungry....starving is not the answer I propose..stop/fight the urges to eat is... I've been a binger my whole life and even found a hypnotist to help me many many years ago (it did help) and eventually learned how to get it under control.... we're not talking about being hungry because our muscles are looking for energy and nutrients just be a matter of eating when you have no actual hunger at all.

When I feel like the OP feels I could have eaten a ton of crap and then eat again not because I'm hungry but because it is mental crap that goes on in your head with regards to desires to eat, not hunger.

By fighting his binging and cravings does not mean he is starving.

This past month because it's the winter and because mentally I need a break from all the dieting I starting eating stuff I normally would not and added extra meals I normally would not have (fuck you Lenny and Larry cookies lol) but then became uncontrollable...after my routine meals, I would have one big ass meal/binge..that often dragged on late... everyday and I would subsequently sit down on the couch not even able to move thinking I could not even eat another crumb ever again if I try BUT low and behold an hour later I would get up and start eating again and I was not hungry at all.

That is what we are taking about when we talk about binging. No one is going catabolic by fighting these feelings and when it comes to a competitor who happens to be dieting which is not me but many people that are, sometimes you just have to fight it's part of the process ....if I was "listening to my body" like many people say, Id be eating pizza and ice cream 10 times today.

Fasting has been one of the main things that help me fight the binging in fact it makes it easy....the cravings just go away.

Now that being said I'm sure you more than anyone else knows that even on a proper competition prep, you're going to want to incorporate cheat meals here and there but those are planned and often sometimes not even something you want or crave...but part of the protocol, but again that's not what we are talking about.

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
sounds more like a food addiction....rather than a "craving"...

how does one know the difference between a craving/binge
and actually starving...???

the body does not know....what tells the brain to "eat pizza and
ice cream 10 times a day"...???

If you're dead serious about this binge problem get some Damn Nicotine and be done with It! Lol.

If you're dead serious about this binge problem get some Damn Nicotine and be done with It! Lol.

On the way bro.

Doing ok overall though. I agree 90-99% is will power though, everything else is just bonus.

drug addiction brotha! lol
dopamine is a motherfucker!
a lot of the eating has to do with dopamine reward mechanism.

food can be a terrible drug.

ppl who have head eating issues are just different then those that don't...

head is the real problem but in the case of changing body comp it comes down to impulse control...

you have this nonstop urge to do shit.. then have to control that. binge is essentially giving in to that.

from my latest research there could potentially be more to this, having to do with the endocanabinoid system and NOT just dopamine reward function...:lightbulb:

still doing my homework. lol

I'm a psych nurse and working on my mental health APRN. Most of you guys mean well but I think are off the mark. NY muscle is right.

What the OP is describing is a binge. Most binges are not from hunger or "need" of food at tall. It's a psychological "need". A few things can be at play. A fucked up dopamine reward system. The brain is lacking dopamine and when the sugar and carbs hit, it releases dopamine. The binger feels "high" and good. This causes massive amounts of carbs/sweets to be eaten. Very rarely are meats, cheeses, fatty foods eaten on a binge. It's cereals, sweets, bread.

Another possibility is a maladaptive coping skill for anxiety. Most BED patients have terrible anxiety, and mindlessly eat to relieve there anxiety. They will snack and eat for hours on end until the anxiety passes.

To the OP, if this continues, you need to seek professional help. CBT and drug combination are required to treat BED. It's no joke. It destroys marriages, health, etc just like any other mental disordsr

I stole an idea from NYMUSCLE for peanut butter and coconut cups.

Basically mix coconut oil and Peanut Butter in a bowl and put into a bake pan that has the small oval/round shape holes. Put in the fridge after and enjoy later

Taste excellent..like a Reeces PB cup with coconut. Alot of fat but low on carbs.

lol
i make a medicated version of these.
with coco powder or chocolate protein.
keep in the freezer n they melt in your mouth.
:headbang:
:star-w:rs:star-w:rs

drug addiction brotha! lol
dopamine is a motherfucker!
a lot of the eating has to do with dopamine reward mechanism.

food can be a terrible drug.

ppl who have head eating issues are just different then those that don't...

head is the real problem but in the case of changing body comp it comes down to impulse control...

you have this nonstop urge to do shit.. then have to control that. binge is essentially giving in to that.

from my latest research there could potentially be more to this, having to do with the endocanabinoid system and NOT just dopamine reward function...:lightbulb:

still doing my homework. lol

I'm a psych nurse and working on my mental health APRN. Most of you guys mean well but I think are off the mark. NY muscle is right.

What the OP is describing is a binge. Most binges are not from hunger or "need" of food at tall. It's a psychological "need". A few things can be at play. A fucked up dopamine reward system. The brain is lacking dopamine and when the sugar and carbs hit, it releases dopamine. The binger feels "high" and good. This causes massive amounts of carbs/sweets to be eaten. Very rarely are meats, cheeses, fatty foods eaten on a binge. It's cereals, sweets, bread.

Another possibility is a maladaptive coping skill for anxiety. Most BED patients have terrible anxiety, and mindlessly eat to relieve there anxiety. They will snack and eat for hours on end until the anxiety passes.

To the OP, if this continues, you need to seek professional help. CBT and drug combination are required to treat BED. It's no joke. It destroys marriages, health, etc just like any other mental disordsr

Both of you guys are correct.

I would say if one knows what they are doing with regards to setting their macros to their current goals, knows their TDEE and keeps track of their calories etc etc and are not eating too little then these are just cravings/desires (which manifest themselves with food desires) which mostly happen at night. I have my issues under control because KETO+IF is amazing for that but when I did not it was always a craving for sweet crap and never was I hungry when I consumed all this stuff, it was a desire to eat these things for reasons others have mentioned.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift
NapsGear