over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL combine 225lb bench challenge!!!!

last wk 315 x 23 reps not shure about 225 i will let you know when i get back from arnorld classic.

Never tried it on flat, on incline did 225x37 that was at end of workout where I i did 395x3 body weight was between 225-235

I've been training since 1985. I've trained at virtually every gym in Southern California at one time or another. I've never seen some of the lifts in this thread. Maybe I wasn't there on those days...

My friend had the highest number of reps of any NCAA player coming out in 2005. He did 44 @225, and his raw bench was in the mid 500 range, raw.

Since I don't have the ability to see all of you in the gym, I'd love to see some videos of these higher reps lifts and military presses. They would be truly inspirational for all of us to see, and give us motivation to train harder.

SB

not to take away from the subject of the bench...

but it wasn't the benching this year at the combine that impressed me- it was the 40 times some of these guys were posting. i mean, you have d- linemen running 4.6's...lol. WTF?

Kalil, the first round center put on 15- 20 pounds for the combine to show scouts he could be a 300 pound o- lineman and i think he still ran a 4.7 ish with new weight. these are d/ o lineman running the 40 in times comparable to the slower db's.

it is crazy how much the sport of football is evolving into a sport that is continues to build an elite top level athelete year after year.

i like deion's suggestion- have all the top defensive and offensive prospects square off in one on one drills ( i.e wr's against db's) to show who the better is, that's where the athletisism and instinct would be shown.

it'd never happen, but its a cool idea.

BFU

bigfatandugly said:
but it wasn't the benching this year at the combine that impressed me- it was the 40 times some of these guys were posting. i mean, you have d- linemen running 4.6's...lol. WTF?

Kalil, the first round center put on 15- 20 pounds for the combine to show scouts he could be a 300 pound o- lineman and i think he still ran a 4.7 ish with new weight. these are d/ o lineman running the 40 in times comparable to the slower db's.

it is crazy how much the sport of football is evolving into a sport that is continues to build an elite top level athelete year after year.

i like deion's suggestion- have all the top defensive and offensive prospects square off in one on one drills ( i.e wr's against db's) to show who the better is, that's where the athletisism and instinct would be shown.

it'd never happen, but its a cool idea.

BFU

Very true....Yamon Figurs of Kansas St. 4.30??? Holy shit that is movin!!!

But on the contrary Like you and deon said speed is great but do guys have the instinct, athletiscism, and psych profile to perform at this level?? If you are a good general manager you will take all those things into consideration in building your team imo....

I did 14 awhile back. Kind of lamb I know:(

cool video: 225X43

**broken link removed**

I'm 6'3" 290lbs right now , My 225 is in the 40's right now , most ever done was 63 at a 300lb body weight. I get 405 for 5 sets of 4-6 reps. My for is very strict , legs elevated off the floor so the back can't arch to bad and the bar bumps the chest and comes just short of lockout.

405 is the heaviest I can get to right now with the bad ass elbow pain I'm fighting.

My hardest lift is wide grip pull ups , can only get 6-8 with out cheating a little.

225 bench

Age 45 Weight 224 height 5'9" did 29 reps at 225 the other day

Did 34X225 last night, am 6'2 243 as of last night. The most I have ever gotten was 38 at about 260, but I'm still young.

the best i got with 225 was 14 ...pretty sad ...but that was at about 190-195 just before my 21st bday last july ...im about 215 now ...my best max was 315 for 2 ...

the video mrcat put up shows horrible form imo. he is bouncing the bar off his tits not pecs.

I think benching for reps depends a lot on training and anabolics. Anabolics definitely seem to increase my ability to do reps with heavy weight more than they do my absolute strength. When I was in college, I trained my bench once a week and did a little assistance work on another day. Due to testing, I only did two LIGHT oral only cycles in the summer. My bench went from a natural 430 at age 19 to 530 at age 23 after those two cycles, weighing a soft 305. when training for the combine, I got 31 reps in training and 29 in Indy. Obviously i was tested there so i couldn't be on anything. The summer before that was when I hit the 530, and I could only do 8 with 405. That was years ago. Since then, I have juiced my ass off, gained probably 40-50lbs of muscle, and have since done 225 for 39 on incline, 45 on bench, 315 for 23 on incline, 365 for 23 on bench, and 405 for 16 on Bench. I really don't think i still could have done a whole lot more than 530 when I did those numbers recently, unless i had tried to train specifically for strength. ANOTHER REALLY IMPORTANT THING I HAVE FOUND TO INCREASE YOR REPS ON BENCH OR OTHER IS TO TRAIN THAT MUSCLE TWICE PER WEEK INSTEAD OF ONCE. THAT REALLY SEEMS TO INCREASE THE ENDURANCE OF IT.

You guys are animals, animals i say!!!:eek:

doug1 said:
You guys are animals, animals i say!!!:eek:
Yer not kidding!!! Sheeese.... I'm learning that there's a big difference between pushing big weight for one or two and hitting a lighter weight for 20,30, or even 50. I don't think I could do anything for 50 reps. Maybe the bar...LOL

There was a thread this past year where we talked about the combine before the season and it's definitely sport specific training.

We should make a rule in this thread that anyone claims over 50 he MUST post a vid or a reputable member to corroborate the claim. Because that's incredible but even more because I can't do it myself and am jealous:D

Last edited:
6'0 215LBS....22 REPS W/225.

OuchThatHurts said:
wow. you guys are some strong dudes! that's impressive. 30, 40, 50 reps??? jeeeezzzz....
that is what i was thinkin.
i have a decent max of 375, but i can only squeek ot 15 on a good day
6' 233lbs

OuchThatHurts said:
We should make a rule in this thread that anyone claims over 50 he MUST post a vid or a reputable member to corroborate the claim. Because that's incredible but even more because I can't do it myself and am jealous:D

Reminds me of the one a while back about posting your arm size.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelson Camryn
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner