over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NFL combine 225lb bench challenge!!!!

Maybe I am just being jealous here, but I sense some serious e-stat exaggerations going on here. :p

When I was 17 I weight 180 lbs and repped 225 lbs 20 times, max was 360 (one rep)

i am impressed.. that is alot of reps.. i weigh in at around 215 longer arms at 6'1 .. always 1st set at 15 reps to stretch before the full regime of bench and chest wo.. i might could push 20 ... 30 to 50 is quite strong..

I'm 23 6' around 240lbs may be 20ish % BF I got 310 for 16 reps whilst on my first cycle (var). Not sure bout 225 might give it a try one week.

Nah, you can say it. It's mostly bullshit. I did 180 reps with 225lbs in zero gravity while I was on the Russian space station Mir. See? It's easy! And fun too!

Well in that case, I wanted to keep this a secret, but I just got back from the gym repping 330 for 75 reps, bouncing off my chest. Without bouncing after a 15 minute break, I did 50 reps.

no exaggerations here 6 times bros. Last year could only do 2 1/2. i'm 6'3" 230 18% bf. I'm not going to be happy until i hit 20.

damn everyone is doing so many reps at 225

im 6'3 214lbs 21 yo

225 - 12x on a good day
350 - 4 times with no help
415- max :(

my chest is a weakness but my large shoulders and triceps take most of the weight which i am now trying to correct as my shoulders and arms are huge while my chest is tiny , makes me look like a retarded ape lol

225 for 23. 5'9" 200 lbs natural. I don't think even when I was on I could do 135 for 50. some of the big guys have trouble doing 75-100 pushups too. I just can't imagine doing 50 reps. who ever does that is a beast. Oh yea chuck norris did that once with one arm he was chocking someone with the other...lol...

Videos

Lets see some videos, because most of the talk is bullshit. I have been in alot of gyms in my day and have trained with some real deal jacked motherfuckers and have not seen alot of these claims fulfilled. Post some vids guys, Im very curious who can do more then 25 reps with 225 without bouncing the weight.

I can do 225 for over 100 reps. And that's with my feet off the floor.

Disclaimer: since several other people were posting bullshit in this thread I figured I'd shit in it too.

Lets see some videos, because most of the talk is bullshit. I have been in alot of gyms in my day and have trained with some real deal jacked motherfuckers and have not seen alot of these claims fulfilled. Post some vids guys, Im very curious who can do more then 25 reps with 225 without bouncing the weight.

I agree 100%.

I HIT 225 FOR 32 REPS LAST WEEKEND AT A LOCAL pl MEET. FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIED THAT IN A WHILE.

I HAVE SEEN JEREMY HOORNSTRA- WHO HOLDS THE ALL TIME BIGGEST BENCH PRESS IN THE 242 POUND CLASS WITH 635- SAW HIM HIT 675 TOUCH AND GO, THEN DROPPED DOWN AND HIT 405 FOR 20 REPS, THEN DROPPED DOWN AND HIT 225 FOR 60!

HERE IS THE VIDEO OF HIS 405 FOR 20:

**broken link removed**

Here is a video of Michael Belk hitting 225 for 59 reps. he is in the 275 class and benched 570, with a pause, no shirt in the same competition. This was also a drug free meet and he has tested clean in and out of meets many times over the years. i believe that he is. he is a true freak of nature!

He actually placed second to Bill Gillispie, the strength coach for for the seattle seahawks.

**broken link removed**

I think benching for reps depends a lot on training and anabolics. Anabolics definitely seem to increase my ability to do reps with heavy weight more than they do my absolute strength. When I was in college, I trained my bench once a week and did a little assistance work on another day. Due to testing, I only did two LIGHT oral only cycles in the summer. My bench went from a natural 430 at age 19 to 530 at age 23 after those two cycles, weighing a soft 305. when training for the combine, I got 31 reps in training and 29 in Indy. Obviously i was tested there so i couldn't be on anything. The summer before that was when I hit the 530, and I could only do 8 with 405. That was years ago. Since then, I have juiced my ass off, gained probably 40-50lbs of muscle, and have since done 225 for 39 on incline, 45 on bench, 315 for 23 on incline, 365 for 23 on bench, and 405 for 16 on Bench. I really don't think i still could have done a whole lot more than 530 when I did those numbers recently, unless i had tried to train specifically for strength. ANOTHER REALLY IMPORTANT THING I HAVE FOUND TO INCREASE YOR REPS ON BENCH OR OTHER IS TO TRAIN THAT MUSCLE TWICE PER WEEK INSTEAD OF ONCE. THAT REALLY SEEMS TO INCREASE THE ENDURANCE OF IT.

i agree with ur accessment here, and with ur idea of training twice a week. if u want reps, train for reps. really, u only have so long to finish before u tap out. if u watch these vids u will see them blasting away like nothing, then all of a sudden its like they hit a brick wall. if u were to time ur reps with 225, then with say 275 r some other weight, u would fail at about the same time.

also doing multiple sets of reps, never to failure, will increase them the fastest. if u did 2-3 sets every day ur in the gym throughout ur workout, not back to back, it would move up very fast.

Last edited:
315 for 14 reps last month or so no spotter, i will try 225, i usually do it for 16 warming up with some gas left in the tank....I am 6 ft, 258 lb...
down from 270 when i did the 315..

I HIT 225 FOR 32 REPS LAST WEEKEND AT A LOCAL pl MEET. FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIED THAT IN A WHILE.

I HAVE SEEN JEREMY HOORNSTRA- WHO HOLDS THE ALL TIME BIGGEST BENCH PRESS IN THE 242 POUND CLASS WITH 635- SAW HIM HIT 675 TOUCH AND GO, THEN DROPPED DOWN AND HIT 405 FOR 20 REPS, THEN DROPPED DOWN AND HIT 225 FOR 60!

HERE IS THE VIDEO OF HIS 405 FOR 20:

**broken link removed**

That is some sick shit Sam... Jeremy is an absolute freak. Awe inspiring. Peace, G

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131