over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Please can you elaborate on what "just took on...in a brawl" means. Cos to me it is an utterly meaningless statement.

Also, how would he "just overpower" Floyd? What does that actually mean?

Also, how he would "easily" put down a boxer who has never been put down once in 49 previous fights against all the best boxers of the past 20 years.

The reality of this contest is Floyd dominated from start to finish, the reason Connor landed in the early rounds is because Floyd did not take him seriously on any level whatsoever. Connor had zero skill and zero power required to win this fight, which Floyd clearly knew both prior and during the contest.

I am not a boxing expert, yet I do marvel at the incredible ignorance of so many statements around this event. People sure do like to talk some complete shit lol.

You know what he means. My opinion connor had 2 rounds to have any chance of beating mayweather. If he didnt knock out mayweather in round 1 or 2 everyone knew it was over. Obviously very unlikely this was going to happen but that was the only chance connor had. After round 2 it was over. I still thought it was interesting

Of course Conor would have the advantage on a street fight. But we're talking a boxing match here. Please don't even start a comparison. It'll always be foolish.

This fight went just the way it was supposed to go. Floyd feels fighters out the first 3 to 4 rounds, just like he did with McGregor. Then Mayweather did change his style up by constantly standing in front of McGregor...basically to say, 'I can take your best shots', which he did...Conor never hurt Mayweather. Then the inevitable happened. Still a big scam!

I will say that McGregor's stand up skills for MMA should be a lot sharper and he'll be able to do even more damage there.

It didn't look like to me that McGregor was throwing punches intended to knock Mayweather out.

You don't go guns blazing at the best counter puncher the sports ever seen. A couple wild hay maker attempts and Floyd would have had him on his ass very early and made him look stupid. Floyd makes boxers who do this day in day out look silly when they come at him, he just doesn't get hit. A lot of people think that Conors best chance in that fight was to come out swing big and pray one lands but the game plan from Conor was the right one, and made him look a lot better than he was. Toe to toe, swing for swing, Floyd couldn't hurt Conor unless he catches him out of position so keep it conservative as he did...let your bigger power and reach be your advantage. The longer it goes the more that should weigh on your opponent and break him down, he just didn't have the technical skills or stamina to execute the game plan effectively.

Last edited:
I do not think the fight was a big scam... As a matter of fact it was far more entertaining than Pacquiao v Mayweather.

I was impressed that Floyd did not underestimate his opponent, and it was refreshing to see Floyd really get after McGregor during the latter rounds.

IMO, good fight!

Honestly much the same. He may have taken it down in the 9th instead of letting it get to the 10th but his game plan would've been similar. It would just have looked more one sided as Connor would've landed fewer.

Strategy would have been the same I agree. There is no getting around the fact that Floyd boxes smart. The guy doesn't take many risks, and rightly so. Why he is 50-0! The only difference is, and other pros were commenting on this last night, his shots today just don't have the power that they did 10 years ago. So all of those punches that landed on Connor would have been thrown with more force and caused more damage. Probably wouldn't have landed any more punches though, just harder.

You don't stop champ vs champ fight unless 1 goes down. Simple as that. If Ali was in trouble would the ref call it off and give the title to the callanger if the champ was still standing? No. If St. Pierre was in trouple would the ref step in and stop it if they were are standing and give it to the challenger? No. Case in point... Lesnar VS Carwin. Carwin had Lesnar on the ground, bloodied, pounded and beaten, but the ref let it continue until the bell rang. 2nd round Lesnar choked out the challenger and keeps title. ....
Point is, never count a CHAMPION out. Now you have a champ vs champ fight and the ref calls it while Mac is still standing and swinging (wobbly of course ) but he's also a champ and no stranger to danger (lol).. so unless the champ goes down... you don't stop the fight.

Problem is there was another minute and half or more time left in that round. No way he would have made it through that. He was also losing on the score card too.

He stopped throwing, once they came out of that tie up Floyd was all over him, Conors hands were down and his legs were jello, he wasn't throwing, he wasn't defending, he was wide open taking shots going on 15 seconds which is an eternity when you're not doing anything to stop them. It was clear that it was going to come down to how much abuse Conor would take at that point, there was no mercy bell coming, there was no fight left. Right call for the safety of the fighter.

Exactly. From the pictures I saw it looked like he had his mouth open a lot too, a good sign that he was winded bad. There was no way he could make it another minute and a half to the bell. He might have been hurt bad. Then he had another 2 rounds he would have to last after that! Things would have only gone down hill after that. He was done.

Exactly. From the pictures I saw it looked like he had his mouth open a lot too, a good sign that he was winded bad. There was no way he could make it another minute and a half to the bell. He might have been hurt bad. Then he had another 2 rounds he would have to last after that! Things would have only gone down hill after that. He was done.

100 percent done, great call calling it, he was done. didn't throw a punch either

Problem is there was another minute and half or more time left in that round. No way he would have made it through that. He was also losing on the score card too.

My theory is that they were going to stop it no matter who was at risk of hitting the floor. I am sure the ref was clearly instructed in this way.

Think about it....neither organization wanted a picture or headline with their fighter taking a nap on the canvas.

You know what he means. My opinion connor had 2 rounds to have any chance of beating mayweather. If he didnt knock out mayweather in round 1 or 2 everyone knew it was over. Obviously very unlikely this was going to happen but that was the only chance connor had. After round 2 it was over. I still thought it was interesting

Why the odds in Vegas were so in favor of Mayweather. On an after fight show they showed one guys bet. The bet was $1 million and he won only $160,000 with it. It was a selfie he took of his ticket posted on social media. They said there were numerous $1 million bets on the fight. That is how bad the odds were in favor of Mcgregor. I wish I had bet on the fight though, I never really thought about doing it. Would have been a sure way to make some easy cash. If I had bet $1000 I would have won $160! LOL

They said a lot of the money was on Mcgregor because the odds were so bad and they payout was so damn high. You could bet $1000 and make many times that, not sure what the payout would be but it is high. So that made the odds for Mcgregor a big higher than they should really have been. They showed a graph on TV. If the odds had been what they really should have been, the payout for a Mcgregor win would have been even higher!

Last edited:
My theory is that they were going to stop it no matter who was at risk of hitting the floor. I am sure the ref was clearly instructed in this way.

Think about it....neither organization wanted a picture or headline with their fighter taking a nap on the canvas.

I think overall in today's sporting world, this is all sports, the rules and refs try to make it safer for the athlete. Look at how the rules in football are changing. Practices now don't include full force tackling from what I have read, things like that.

I don't think they were instructed to not let anyone hit the floor. For one it would be impossible for the ref to carry that out at 100% assurance. There is always a good chance a fighter will get caught with a good shot and go down in one punch. Cant control for that. When a fighter is up against the ropes and getting peppered with shots, one after another, and not throwing anything back then it is time to call the fight. There is no need to have the contest continue if one opponent is little more than a punching bag.

Why the odds in Vegas were so in favor of Mayweather. On an after fight show they showed one guys bet. The bet was $1 million and he won only $160,000 with it. It was a selfie he took of his ticket posted on social media. They said there were numerous $1 million bets on the fight. That is how bad the odds were in favor of Mcgregor. I wish I had bet on the fight though, I never really thought about doing it. Would have been a sure way to make some easy cash. If I had bet $1000 I would have won $160! LOL

They said a lot of the money was on Mcgregor because the odds were so bad and they payout was so damn high. You could bet $1000 and make many times that, not sure what the payout would be but it is high. So that made the odds for Mcgregor a big higher than they should really have been. They showed a graph on TV. If the odds had been what they really should have been, the payout for a Mcgregor win would have been even higher!

still scary. imagine putting a mil on mayweather and he went down by one punch, unlikely but scary

still scary. imagine putting a mil on mayweather and he went down by one punch, unlikely but scary

Yes it is. A game only for the very rich! :cool:

Wish it were me.

Yes it is. A game only for the very rich! :cool:

Wish it were me.

exactly lol. easy to look at now since we saw the fight but to actually throw down a mil, even if I was filthy rich I will pass on that one:D. I bet the first 2 rounds they were a bit nervous, a little

exactly lol. easy to look at now since we saw the fight but to actually throw down a mil, even if I was filthy rich I will pass on that one:D. I bet the first 2 rounds they were a bit nervous, a little

When my fav football (soccer) team Liverpool played in the European cup final something similar happened. They played AC milan and were destroyed in the 1st half and losing 3-0 which is massive in soccer. The odds for AC milan to win the match were 250-1 and some guy put on £250,000 just to make £1000 profit. Liverpool made a famous comeback to make it 3-3 (won and penalites) so the guy lost all his money :eek:

I think overall in today's sporting world, this is all sports, the rules and refs try to make it safer for the athlete. Look at how the rules in football are changing. Practices now don't include full force tackling from what I have read, things like that.

I don't think they were instructed to not let anyone hit the floor. For one it would be impossible for the ref to carry that out at 100% assurance. There is always a good chance a fighter will get caught with a good shot and go down in one punch. Cant control for that. When a fighter is up against the ropes and getting peppered with shots, one after another, and not throwing anything back then it is time to call the fight. There is no need to have the contest continue if one opponent is little more than a punching bag.

I've watched that 10th round probably 5x now. It really is just amazing to see how elite a man like Mayweather is. 40 years old, out of boxing for 2 years, and still he is just so damn consistent that a man who originally seems to be holding his own and is in topic physical shape by almost any standard is cut to ribbons by the end and can barely stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched that 10th round probably 5x now. It really is just amazing to see how elite a man like Mayweather is. 40 years old, out of boxing for 2 years, and still he is just so damn consistent that a man who originally seems to be holding his own and is in topic physical shape by almost any standard is cut to ribbons by the end and can barely stand.

Mayweather is a truly exceptional fighter.

It is a shame his persona/personality blind most people to his ability.

Or the old classic "all he does is run cos he is scared / he is so boring."

He is an incredible talent.

When my fav football (soccer) team Liverpool played in the European cup final something similar happened. They played AC milan and were destroyed in the 1st half and losing 3-0 which is massive in soccer. The odds for AC milan to win the match were 250-1 and some guy put on £250,000 just to make £1000 profit. Liverpool made a famous comeback to make it 3-3 (won and penalites) so the guy lost all his money :eek:

gambling is not smart lol, the house wins in the end eventually. unless you hit 700 mil like the woman last week a few towns over from me lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRj3LhZU6I"]Mayweather vs. McGregor Post-Fight Press Conference - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jimboejoebob
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins