over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why does sudden abstinence fatal?

We detox alcoholics with Ativan tapers...the GABA system needs time to re-regulate.

Some heavy heavy drinkers would need 1-2mg Ativan every 2 hours the first 36-48h after last drink

I pushed (4x) 2mg in an hour on a guy his DT's were so bad.
Sometimes I think it would be a hell of a lot easier to just stock Vodka in our Omni cells for these repeat alcoholics. Better yet just have the paramedics give them a bottle of vodka at the scene and avoid the whole ER to floor admission. Most don't have insurance anyway so it's a total loss to the medical center.
We dry em up, turf them to the street and act surprised when they come back month after month.
Sorry but I have NO sympathy for alcoholics or addicts. Especially the ones that abuse emergency services!

I pushed (4x) 2mg in an hour on a guy his DT's were so bad.
Sometimes I think it would be a hell of a lot easier to just stock Vodka in our Omni cells for these repeat alcoholics. Better yet just have the paramedics give them a bottle of vodka at the scene and avoid the whole ER to floor admission. Most don't have insurance anyway so it's a total loss to the medical center.
We dry em up, turf them to the street and act surprised when they come back month after month.
Sorry but I have NO sympathy for alcoholics or addicts. Especially the ones that abuse emergency services!

No shit one time I had an order to push 15ml whiskey through a guys peg tube TID. It worked. No seizures lol

Death from abstinence occurs from anoxic brain injury due to seizure and complications from encephalopathy with demyelination of neurons. This can be due to rapid fluctuations in cranial osmolarity (fluid shifts), and from depletion of Thiamine (Vitamin B1) because Thiamine cannot be absorbed in the alcoholic. Everything else is long term damage.

scared me to went to the wine cabinet and got a bottle of wine to drink:):):)

I think most here have a general idea of the affects of alcohol. It is true that someone who drinks excessively for long periods of time, will likely need to tapper down. Cold turkey can be deadly and lead to severe side affects. The problem is, the tapering, usually leads to excessive drinking, hence why someone is a alcoholic in the first place. Been there myself a few years ago when I turned to drinking during a sad depressive state in life. It helped me through the period, but when I decided it was time to quit, it was not an easy venture.

Alcohol is socially acceptable, but it is one of the harshest and potentially "evil" of all drugs out there. Even more so than cocaine in my opinion. Once you get up to where you're drinking 10 plus drinks per day, you have a true battle on your hands to come back down. It will affect every aspect of your life. You'l be depressed, physically you'll feel like death and it takes months to recover.

it seems that many ppl start to drink excessively from a sad depressive period,and then take a long time to rebuild the system.

It could be fatal due to downregulation of GABA receptors, then your glutamate ramps up to compensate. It's more complicated than that, but you can sum it up as a plain mechanical rebound reaction. If you're a heavy enough boozer, you'll seize, if you've really been a hardcore booze-bag for many years, this glutamate spike could make your heart give out.

Used to drink nearly 15 units per day. Was it fun? No.

so how much do you drink per day now?

Yep, you have to taper down over at least a few weeks. But what happens, is most boozers, get a day in and then go on a binger and they are back where they started. When you start getting the shakes by 2pm, you know you've gone too far. I used to think I had hangovers until one day I realized it was withdrawals. The minute I had a drink, I started feeling good again. Got to the point the only time I felt normal was when buzzed. But in reality I was just a fucked up mess.

I was only drinking maybe 10-12 vodkas per day. I switched to wine and was able to go to 6-7 drinks daily for a week, then 3-4, then 1-2, for the third week and then quit. Even after that, I still felt off for a few months.

Alcohol gives you a high, you feel strong, happy, social on the upswing and that is what gets most people. I was a completely different person buzzed. But it's no way to live life.

the gradual quit is a great method,some people become another person after drink excessively,and some of them think its good to escape life's disappointments.

One thing I used to worry about was when I was using steroids. Steroids put a lot of stress on the liver and I figure drinking would really add to that. I never really drank much at all when I was on steroids because of that, and also the fact that it is a detriment to building muscle. I was really strict.

Now that I am only on TRT I drink one or two bottles of wine each week. Nothing too heavy.

disciplined is a cool thing

I think at one point in my life, I drank too consistently for too long. I decided to stop and I noticed by day 4 I felt really off but started feeling better after that. By 10 days out, I noticed I felt a lot happier than I ever had drinking. I slept better and I felt more friendly.

I don't drink now because of that.

its not easy at all that go out from it,so how do you quit it?

I pretty much haven't drank at all in the past 15 years, except this summer vacation, right now, when I had some beers a couple of times. Anyway, I came across some reddit posts about alcohol "after glow" where posters were claiming they felt great mentally the day after moderate alcohol intake. Some said their social life mental outlook improved dramatically when they had a drink or two nightly - I mean once all the alcohol already left the system the day after. I'm not taking up drinking but has anyone here noticed this so-called after glow effect?

its one of effect that alcohol bring to people i think

I think maybe because I'm older now but alcohol wrecks my physique. I still have 2-4 drinks every Fri and Sat but I would look and feel a lot better if I cut it out all together but the side effect would probably be killing someone I am forced to work with. But whenever I drop it all together my waist comes own and I harden up some.

actually moderate drink is ok

:naughty:but people who loves drink(even not excessively)and used to drink excessively would like to read this.

this is a question worth thinking about

it seems that many ppl start to drink excessively from a sad depressive period,and then take a long time to rebuild the system.

so how much do you drink per day now?

the gradual quit is a great method,some people become another person after drink excessively,and some of them think its good to escape life's disappointments.

disciplined is a cool thing

its not easy at all that go out from it,so how do you quit it?

that's really cool,happy for you

its one of effect that alcohol bring to people i think

actually moderate drink is ok

plz-stop-post.jpg

No shit one time I had an order to push 15ml whiskey through a guys peg tube TID. It worked. No seizures lol

You joking right?? Even though I'm sure it would prevent withdraws, I cant see any physician writing an order for this. At least not in any hospital. Ativan is usually the go to for ciwa pts.

You joking right?? Even though I'm sure it would prevent withdraws, I cant see any physician writing an order for this. At least not in any hospital. Ativan is usually the go to for ciwa pts.

I don't know, I could see it as a possibility on the fly. When I was at my peak, 10-12 vodkas a day, I would begin having withdrawals and shakes my 2-3pm the next day. The minute that first drink went down? The shakes stopped, and I started to feel "right" even though I was tearing myself up in reality. It's a trapped and ugly place to be, when you are owned by alcohol.Never again for me. I spent 6 weeks tapering down and even that was not easy.

I don't know, I could see it as a possibility on the fly. When I was at my peak, 10-12 vodkas a day, I would begin having withdrawals and shakes my 2-3pm the next day. The minute that first drink went down? The shakes stopped, and I started to feel "right" even though I was tearing myself up in reality. It's a trapped and ugly place to be, when you are owned by alcohol.Never again for me. I spent 6 weeks tapering down and even that was not easy.

I have seen first hand what being an alcoholic can do to the body because the cadaver I had in gross anatomy died from alcoholism. I taught an undergraduate class in anatomy where they used the cat and brought those students into the lab to see the body. His skin was all yellowish and eyes too, jaundice. His liver was huge and really hard, colored dark green from all the bile trapped in there I think. The liver felt like it was the kind of rubber they use in thud mats at the gym. That is how hard. I bet you could have palpitated that through his abdomen when he was still alive. He was only about 42 years old and a health care administrator at the hospital. I felt like that was kind of ironic. Great guy to donate his body though. I hope the students leaned something by seeing him, the school at the time was known for being a big party school.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws