over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr.Olympia 2018: link, predictions and discussion

Yes! Roelly looks so good. I really like his build.

He really peaked well on Saturday and even looked fantastic on Friday which is where Ramy screwed up. Hopefully next year those 2 will be in top shape both days because I think the results will be very different next year if that happens. Hopefully Ramy doesn't try to come in so big again. What he did over night Firday night made a huge difference. Someone said he lost like 20 lbs? Looked much better on Saturday but then it was too late. Bonac tried to come in too big too and I think he would have placed at least one spot higher maybe more.

Last edited:
He really peaked well on Saturday and even looked fantastic on Friday which is where Ramy screwed up. Hopefully next year those 2 will be in top shape both days because I think the results will be very different next year if that happens. Hopefully Ramy doesn't try to come in so big again. What he did over night Firday night made a huge difference. Someone said he lost like 20 lbs? Looked much better on Saturday but then it was too late. Bonac tried to come in too big too and I think he would have placed at least one spot higher maybe more.

I think I had seen 310 to 286

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The crazy thing to me is, that's what he did last year also. He came in at 305 I think they said and dropped 20lbs of water for the next day to look good. How many times are you going to let the same thing happen??
Last but not least, get someone that is unbiased and known for condition to be the eye. He probably needs to be 280. Maybe even 275 to peeled to the bone. Hell, pick Ronnie's brain

The crazy thing to me is, that's what he did last year also. He came in at 305 I think they said and dropped 20lbs of water for the next day to look good. How many times are you going to let the same thing happen??
Last but not least, get someone that is unbiased and known for condition to be the eye. He probably needs to be 280. Maybe even 275 to peeled to the bone. Hell, pick Ronnie's brain

I didn't realize he has done that 2 years in a row. He certainly needs someone else in his corner then. He is obviously capable of getting tight and can do it fast so there is no excuse in that. Prejudging is really more important than Saturday night's show. If you had to pick one day to be on it would be Friday during prejudging. I wonder what happens.

apparently Kai is jumping back into the mix now that Phil has been dethroned

smelling the blood in the water :eek:

he's probably just bs'ing tho

edit: all implied

apparently Kai is jumping back into the mix now that Phil has been dethroned

smelling the blood in the water :eek:

he's probably just bs'ing tho

edit: all implied
He probably sees Shawn's win as a sign that politics no longer determine placings (as much). Which would mean that even a serial grapefruit abuser could become Mr Olympia

He probably sees Shawn's win as a sign that politics no longer determine placings (as much). Which would mean that even a serial grapefruit abuser could become Mr Olympia

i think politics also played a role in this Olympia too but just in a different way. I have a feeling the powers that be in the sport did not want Phil's legacy sitting next to Ronnie and Lee Haney. I have a feeling they were not happy with his look and all the hoopla about his stomach and figured that they just didn't want him in the same conversation as the other two.

Of all of the modern Olympias I'd say that Shawn Rhoden has least back development. Traditionally, starting with Bannout, every Olympia winner has had exceptional back development. I can only think of one instance where a guy with a better back placed lower when it was between first and second place (Dexter beating Jay).

In any event, I think Shawn looked great and is definitely deserving of the victory, but i also believe that this show was not free of politics. I think Kai is better than both Phil and Shawn but unfortunately i could not see him getting the nod simply based on the grapefruit incident. That would be alot of bad publicity for bodybuilding if their number one had that on his resume and it's a shame too because he's an amazing bodybuilder. Just my opinion.

I was wondering if Kai would be in the picture if Phil lost. Why not for Kai?

And I agree about the politics and not letting Phil continue to win. When I think of Ronnie and Lee Haney I do not see Phil on the same level as far as his personality.

From what I hear Joe Weider's head is kept alive and suspended in a jar of liquid in a lab and he still throws the shots. He and his head just would not let Phil get a straight eight titles.

i think politics also played a role in this Olympia too but just in a different way. I have a feeling the powers that be in the sport did not want Phil's legacy sitting next to Ronnie and Lee Haney. I have a feeling they were not happy with his look and all the hoopla about his stomach and figured that they just didn't want him in the same conversation as the other two.

Of all of the modern Olympias I'd say that Shawn Rhoden has least back development. Traditionally, starting with Bannout, every Olympia winner has had exceptional back development. I can only think of one instance where a guy with a better back placed lower when it was between first and second place (Dexter beating Jay).

In any event, I think Shawn looked great and is definitely deserving of the victory, but i also believe that this show was not free of politics. I think Kai is better than both Phil and Shawn but unfortunately i could not see him getting the nod simply based on the grapefruit incident. That would be alot of bad publicity for bodybuilding if their number one had that on his resume and it's a shame too because he's an amazing bodybuilder. Just my opinion.

I personally think Phil is a better overall bodybuilder than Kai and Shawn Rhoden. His structure is his only weakness.

His conditioning and his waist (which has gotten worse exponentially) are the reason he lost this show. Phil is a bodybuilder that looked best at his mid-range of size (2011), and looked progressively worse as he tried to keep adding more in fear of guys like Roelly and Ramy standing next to him (or an inevitable genetic response to drugs over the years...you will get bigger if you're DNA wants you to).

Phil Heath the bodybuilder at a 100% is a goddamn beast of a competitor. A lot of people just don't like Phil Heath the person (justifiably)...and to be fair, if something came as easy to me as bodybuilding came to Phil, I'm not sure if I would have the class of Lee Haney or the politeness of Jay Cutler lol

I personally think Phil is a better overall bodybuilder than Kai and Shawn Rhoden. His structure is his only weakness.

His conditioning and his waist (which has gotten worse exponentially) are the reason he lost this show. Phil is a bodybuilder that looked best at his mid-range of size (2011), and looked progressively worse as he tried to keep adding more in fear of guys like Roelly and Ramy standing next to him (or an inevitable genetic response to drugs over the years...you will get bigger if you're DNA wants you to).

Phil Heath the bodybuilder at a 100% is a goddamn beast of a competitor. A lot of people just don't like Phil Heath the person (justifiably)...and to be fair, if something came as easy to me as bodybuilding came to Phil, I'm not sure if I would have the class of Lee Haney or the politeness of Jay Cutler lol

i think alot of people were really pissed off when he beat Kai a few times a few years back. I also think people are really tired of the Olympia tradition of having the same guy keep winning 5-7 times in a row. Once the stomach thing became an obvious issue then it was BAM; "he HAS to lose now, no way should he be Olympia". People were just waiting for a real reason to claim why he shouldn't be the O. When i say "people" i mean the intranet.

You know what... I might have secretly disagreed with you if I didn't see this interview with Jay Cutler where Rhoden says that Jim Manion had a talk with him before the Olympia. Basically he was prepping for the Arnold and looking great according to him... then something interesting happens...Jim Manion tells him to stop training for the Arnold even though he is only a couple weeks out. Manion later goes by the gym and sees Rhoden still training and gets mad at him... Why would Manion tell him to stop training for the Arnold if he didn't have an opportunity or alternative in mind... very odd.

At this point in the interview he has a certain look to his face like he knows something and then I started wondering if Jay knows something because he came out specifically to do this interview.

Something just seemed really weird about the entire interview... like Rhoden was told there may be a changing of the guard. He seemed overly excited and happy...

Starts at 7:00 into the video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6Yi8DqRY4"]SHAWN RHODEN-How i plan on dethroning Phil Heath at the 2018 Mr. Olympia - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
You know what... I might have secretly disagreed with you if I didn't see this interview with Jay Cutler where Rhoden says that Jim Manion had a talk with him before the Olympia. Basically he was prepping for the Arnold and looking great according to him... then something interesting happens...Jim Manion tells him to stop training for the Arnold even though he is only a couple weeks out. Manion later goes by the gym and sees Rhoden still training and gets mad at him... Why would Manion tell him to stop training for the Arnold if he didn't have an opportunity or alternative in mind... very odd.

At this point in the interview he has a certain look to his face like he knows something and then I started wondering if Jay knows something because he came out specifically to do this interview.

Something just seemed really weird about the entire interview... like Rhoden was told there may be a changing of the guard. He seemed overly excited and happy...

Starts at 7:00 into the video:

SHAWN RHODEN-How i plan on dethroning Phil Heath at the 2018 Mr. Olympia - YouTube
Or maybe he was confident based on how he looked and the feedback he got from his coaches? What a retarded conspiracy theory :banghead:

Or maybe he was confident based on how he looked and the feedback he got from his coaches? What a retarded conspiracy theory :banghead:
Way retarded. Jim told him to stop training and focus on the Olympia because he had bleeding stomach ulcers, it's right there in the video lol.

lol.. if there was a 'conspiracy' and Shawn wasn't having health problems, they would have had him to the Arnold and win, so he could build up momentum and excitement going into the O'

way more of a 'what if' factor if that happened. would have generated way more buzz and way more interest going into the O'

Just now realizing Cedric wasn't even talked about....what happened to him? Shame, his physique is very aesthetic when he's on.

What happened to Steve Kuclo, Josh Lenartowicz, and Justin Compton?

Dennis Wolf, Ben Pakulski, and Branch Warren being gone too.....all the white guys have run away lol

Just now realizing Cedric wasn't even talked about....what happened to him? Shame, his physique is very aesthetic when he's on.

From what I know, Ced stopped using whoever he was using to prep him. Said he's going to try to figure out prep on his own.

If Ced comes in as hard as Shawn, that'll be bombastic.

From what I know, Ced stopped using whoever he was using to prep him. Said he's going to try to figure out prep on his own.

If Ced comes in as hard as Shawn, that'll be bombastic.

I can't say for sure from a bodybuilding judge standpoint, but from an aesthetic standpoint a fully conditioned Cedric would be a top 3 choice.

What happened to Steve Kuclo, Josh Lenartowicz, and Justin Compton?

Dennis Wolf, Ben Pakulski, and Branch Warren being gone too.....all the white guys have run away lol

Kuclo placed 10 at this year's Olympia.

Lenartowicz claims he's coming back at Arnold Classic 2019.

Compton's retired due to unspecified health issues - hasn't competed in 2 years.

Wolf - I'll be surprised if he competes again. He had major neck surgery, 2 years off, and in his only show since, his legs were as good as ever, but his upper body didn't come back all the way. It might not be able to given his neck surgery.

Pakulski retired after finally placing 1st in Vancouver.

Warren's retired more due to age and being satisfied with his career.

White guy genetics :( Only way for them to compete with the top is to kill themselves with ungodly amounts of drugs.

White guy genetics :( Only way for them to compete with the top is to kill themselves with ungodly amounts of drugs.

That's what some people say. Not trying to make this a racial argument but it is an interesting topic, as more and more people compete the percentage of the top 10 being black increases.

It's also interesting to me that you see this in physique "sports" but not in things like strongman. The biggest guys in the world tend to be those viking motherfuckers like Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, Brian Shaw, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131