over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fauci said COVID-19 is at least 10 times “more lethal” than the seasonal flu

Not based on that 1968 flu. Not even close so far. :rolleyes: Let's just base it so far from every year flu results. Every year in America we have about 35 to 50 million cases of flu and 35K to 50K deaths. If it would be 10 times more lethal, that would mean everyone in America would get it and you would have 350K to 500K deaths. Of course I am just multiplying it by 10 times and only doing basic math. What do I know?

Last edited:
Lots of people like him will die when hospitals run out of respirators and ICU beds. The virus has a higher lethality rate when the sickest people don't have access to medical care.
Hospitals are ingenious now , hooking up 2 or even 4 people to one ventilator. I dont think that has been done before. It only gets you so far. Hospitals are already running low and keeping it on the down low.

Now I was a bit anti shut down in the beginning when all of this started but did not know the whole picture. After I got more information I changed my stance.

Are you aware of that the daily deaths as of the last 24 hours world wide is 2401? (see link to WHO statistics below) Probably not since your stats even at the high end is lower then the Corona deaths. Bear in mind that these numbers (2401) are numbers when the world IS taking precaution and shutting things down. Can you imagine what the death toll had looked like if the world didn't shut things down? We had been looking at Italy's daily death rates 600-800 daily minimum in every single country around the world. So let's say 700 x 200 = 140000 every day - at least.

Now 140000 is the worst case number of course but this would have been a reality if every country in the world just said let the people with high risk isolate themselves and the rest of us can go about our lives so the economy doesn't get crushed.

Do you see now why government around the world are all taking action? It's about avoiding above mentioned scenario and making sure the medical institutions and hospitals don't get drowned in cases and will have to start choosing who to help.

It's like Elvia and several others have said here; it's kind of a damned if you shut down the country and damned if you don't. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone and also the leaders. This time the leaders are choosing in favor of human lives which in my opinion is the best choice at the moment. Now it should be up to every government around the world to make sure that companies and private persons are reimbursed for their financial losses.

Another thing to think about, when was the last time you heard of hospitals running out of ventilators and ICU beds? That happens every winter when the flu comes through, right? Not! In my 50 years this has never happened, ever. Naysayers, so the hospitals and workers are all part of some conspiracy and making this up? Hidden somewhere in a secret room at the hospital they are hiding ventilators, so people die?ludacris.

Just read where some think it is possible this virus was in America since early 2020. Saw on msn. It is possible and at least around where I am at the flu was really bad this year. My daughter and son, both 6, had nasty coughs over the winter, no trouble breathing I don’t think. Although they did test positive for the regular flu. So who knows. This is definitely nasty, to me sounds worse than normal flu, way easier to spread and worse symptoms. That permanent lung problems is not something I have heard of in regular flu, that is concerning. But I am at work currently, although it is a ghost town, I work in an office and we do have option to come in. They are having it professionally cleaned and disinfected and lack of people so there is risk but less than being at a grocery store! Don’t know what it means of this thing has been going around for a couple months, seems odd why it would ramp up now though. If it was here in January, why wasn’t February a mess and why is now such a mess?
I wouldn't doubt if it started in NY city and that's why they seem so far ahead in the growth curve. It was probably brewing for weeks undetected. Washington was discovered first because it hit the rest home and killed fast.

Just found this timeline of 2009 H1N1 by the CDC.
Fascinating.

Pediatric deaths ,something we dont have here.That is a good thing we dont have.

September 3
  • CDC published a study that analyzed data related to H1N1 influenza pediatric deaths reported to CDC from April to August 2009 in MMWR. Data showed 477 deaths with lab-confirmed 2009 H1N1 flu in the U.S. had been reported to CDC as of August 8, 2009.

Another thing to think about, when was the last time you heard of hospitals running out of ventilators and ICU beds? That happens every winter when the flu comes through, right? Not! In my 50 years this has never happened, ever. Naysayers, so the hospitals and workers are all part of some conspiracy and making this up? Hidden somewhere in a secret room at the hospital they are hiding ventilators, so people die?ludacris.

Whos running out of ICU beds here in the US?

Even Gov. Cuomo just stated in his conference that it’s a worst case scenario.... No one has run out of anything...

Anyone else notice the media keeps changing shit?

2 weeks ago: “We’re just a few days behind Italy, we have to shut everything down or we’ll be over run in 2 weeks time.” Blah blah blah..

2 weeks later (today): “Projections are showing the peak to be in 21 days, it’s going to get worse, we need 46 million ICU beds!”

Sounds like the people doing projections don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about...

Whos running out of ICU beds here in the US?

Even Gov. Cuomo just stated in his conference that it’s a worst case scenario.... No one has run out of anything...
Its happening in Italy, that's never happened before. The world is bigger than the US, you know? Parts of the US like New York could experience that in the next 2 weeks. Ventilators are running very low now, low enough that hospitals have had to rig them up so 2 people share a single one. That's never had to be done. Like Hawkmoon said, why hasn't this ever happened before? 1st time I've heard of the coroner purposefully letting corpses sit 4 days and not even doing an autopsy. That's straight from my uncle, deputy coroner of a county. The let them sit so the virus dies out, virus lasts 3 days.

There are so many signs this isn't like the regular seasonal flu. If you cant see it now then I think the only way you will is if you or someone you care about comes down with it.

Obviously many people are idiots as well. They panic and they think 101 things are wrong with them. I was getting texts from the NHS stating my doctors weren't taking walk in patients... that will be for that very reason. The same people go the doctors every week over nothing so in a time like this they are even more of a burden. My gf's sister is a trainee nurse and has been helping with the telephones. She said people will call up demanding to be tested and for some they will reply with they have a headache and that's it. Then they get aggressive and call her stupid. So the mass of people will panic and will be idiots and social media and the news just adds to that problem. I am also fully aware nurses/doctors can be mental. It's all common sense. It's just a profession and there are crazy and irrational people all over. Some of the stupidiest people I have ever met are in really high paid jobs. Many really stupid people go far in life especially in today's social media world. I believe the amount of drug addicts and alcoholics is also extremely high in the medical field. However it's also clear as day there is an issue (shortage of equipment) going in certain hospitals and it's not just a case of crazy governors... that's a separate issue... there are loads of crazy people in positions of power. I don't post in this thread to create drama I just find the subject interesting and I am literally stuck in here all day and have been injured so there isn't a lot I can do over the course of a day!

WOW- my girlfriend has just come back from the shops and she has toilet paper. Finally :D

You suffered a training injury during this mess or were injured ? I tweaked my knee last night in the shower thankfully I think its fine. I have a good stock of plates but I'll probably train lighter for a while who knows if anyone will be able to see a doc or therapist if we tear a tendon or slip a disk. I assume insurance is a mess too now :(

Does anyone know how the Netherlands are doing with their approach?

Its happening in Italy, that's never happened before. The world is bigger than the US, you know? Parts of the US like New York could experience that in the next 2 weeks. Ventilators are running very low now, low enough that hospitals have had to rig them up so 2 people share a single one. That's never had to be done. Like Hawkmoon said, why hasn't this ever happened before? 1st time I've heard of the coroner purposefully letting corpses sit 4 days and not even doing an autopsy. That's straight from my uncle, deputy coroner of a county. The let them sit so the virus dies out, virus lasts 3 days.

There are so many signs this isn't like the regular seasonal flu. If you cant see it now then I think the only way you will is if you or someone you care about comes down with it.

I wish people stop comparing us to Italy. Their healthcare system is nowhere near as good as America. We have currently 93,881 cases and only 1421 deaths. They have 86,498 cases and 9134 deaths. That is about 7 times the rate of deaths. We will get through this and all this panicking and fear mongering is not helping. Not that I don't believe in preventive measures or sympathetic to those who died.

You suffered a training injury during this mess or were injured ? I tweaked my knee last night in the shower thankfully I think its fine. I have a good stock of plates but I'll probably train lighter for a while who knows if anyone will be able to see a doc or therapist if we tear a tendon or slip a disk. I assume insurance is a mess too now :(
That's one thing many arent talking about, seeing a doctor for other problems. None of the family doctors here are seeing anyone in person, but doing things over the phone. Urgent care offices were open last week, not sure about now. Bad situation.

Next week I have to go to my hospital's satellite building and get my INR done. Hoping I can still go in, I risk another bleed of it gets too high.

Don't forget china had 42 or 43,000 additional cases that tested positive but showed no symptoms so they didn't report them in their statistics, so technically, we still have less cases, well, probably not because of lack of testing but it also drops the death rate, also shows that 1/3 of those infected showed zero symptoms or not severe enough to acknowledge.

In reality, we have had thousands of cases for months. Now they are testing and it is showing the actual count. I assume at least 500,000 people in the US have it or had it already.....

That's one thing many arent talking about, seeing a doctor for other problems. None of the family doctors here are seeing anyone in person, but doing things over the phone. Urgent care offices were open last week, not sure about now. Bad situation.

Next week I have to go to my hospital's satellite building and get my INR done. Hoping I can still go in, I risk another bleed of it gets too high.

The reason why these Hospitals and Urgent cares are so overwhelmed is anyone with a slight cough or sneeze is running to them. This panicking is driving them there. Unless you are getting a temperature and bad symptoms, I wish people just stay home if they get sick, so the people that really need treatment would be taken care of. This would help our supplies from diminishing. This is why I don't like how this Media and fear mongering are making people panic. It is literally driving people to emergency rooms that otherwise might not go there. We need to calm down and think " Am I really that sick?"

I have family in Italy... As it’s been said millions of times in this thread and you refuse to listen to it;

Italy has a high elder population density..

Italy DOES NOT have an adequate medical system, barely enough for everyday life, let alone a pandemic...

They have much more efficient ways of spreading a virus with the population density (everyone living together) and public transportation (99% of the country uses trains/subways and walks etc)..

Stop comparing us to Italy.. Is it sad and does it suck? Yes it does... But when has Italy affected absolutely anything in terms of way of life in the US? Never... Not a single thing ever in history...

That’s why I’m only talking about the US... Where I live and the economy and way of life that effects me...

And not to sound self indulgent and arrogant etc but it’s just the truth, if we were anywhere near like Italy’s situation, I’d get it.. But we’re far as fuck from anything even close to that...

I hope they are able to see you. There was a guy on the radio who cant get his lupus medication because hospitals bought it all up for coronovius patients they may not even have or the medication may not even work

These are cases where the fearmongering is actually hurting the same people the mongers claim they want to protect.

I once stood up in a leg extension machine and somehow managed to fall over (still stood inside) and dislocated my knee cap. It popped out again when I was stretching one time (hurt for 2 weeks afterwards) but thankfully I have had no issues since. Hopefully yours heals up fast too. I woke up approx 2 weeks ago with a trapped nerve in my back (middle trap). It has been a really bad one and effected my movement. My last workout in the gym was a few days before that. It's just finally starting to feel better now. I did train at home last week and it seemed to help temporarily. I am going to train tonight.

It's not ideal but I think if some people put 100% into home workouts it be a blessing in disguise. Many can lift big weights but have no real strength endurance or cardiovasular fitness. Some of these fast paced bodyweight home workouts are amazing for fitness, agility and flexibility. I just received some resistance bands today. I was too slow in ordering and db's are unavailable anywhere unless I pay $500. I do have 1 x 7.5kg db so I can use that for pretty much any movement so will do that and loads of different pushups and ab work. When my back is 100% I will start doing some fast paced bodyweight stuff to get my cardiovascular fitness up.

Yes people can't see anyone even for the ones who pay privately unless the person and therapist wants to risk it. Most places aren't in full lockdown now so they could. All the massage therapists and hairdressers etc I know have stopped working but many of them can't carry on for much longer not earning anything.

In the best interest of many of us with high blood pressure on an ACE inhibitor, stay away from people! ACE inhibitors create an abundance of ACE2 in the system and this appears to be where COVID 19 is entering the body. Additionally, there is a lot of ACE2 in the lungs and the pH in lungs is low, thus it becomes a breeding ground leading to lung/breathing problems. Dr.s are not advising to quit taking your ACE inhibitors just saying be smart about where you go and what you do. This simple fact scares me, an otherwise extremely healthy 41 year old with high blood pressure taking Lisinapril to manage my BP. Stay safe

My stepdad is like is about 70 and has a cough for a long time since taking Lisinopril. I don’t know enough to comment, I guess this is a more a vague question to elaborate if you can. Thanks
Are there any supplements that are seriously beneficial for the older folks? sorry if it was already mentioned.

The reason why these Hospitals and Urgent cares are so overwhelmed is anyone with a slight cough or sneeze is running to them. This panicking is driving them there. Unless you are getting a temperature and bad symptoms, I wish people just stay home if they get sick, so the people that really need treatment would be taken care of. This would help our supplies from diminishing. This is why I don't like how this Media and fear mongering are making people panic. It is literally driving people to emergency rooms that otherwise might not go there. We need to calm down and think " Am I really that sick?"

Agreed and now people are going to be sneezing and coughing because allergy season just started...…My boss just went to get a test because his eyes are watery and he is congested. These kinds of people are going to drag this out and crash the economy even more so.
Anyone that thinks this just started recently has not done their research, the origin country covered it up for months, we have thousands of people daily that went to and from there. This has been around..... the media is having a field day with the coverage. I hope they understand the ramifications it will have on families and the economy for the next 6 or more months(oh wait, they don't care, fear is their #1 seller)

I wish everyone well but there is no need to think the world is crashing. As I said in a prior post, the CDC was reporting abnormally high '"influenza related visits" since November 2019. The testing is just showing numbers of new cases, and another science based article said like 90% have such mild symptoms they don't even seek medical care, or that they are asymptomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member