over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do we lose type-2 muscle fibers as we age

headtrainer

Registered
Why do we lose type-2 muscle fibers as we get older ( e.g., age 60 plus). And does anyone believe taking higher dosages of anabolics can prevent this?

Some believe it's correlation is related to reduction of mitochondrial biogenesis and constant AMPK activation. I'm sure there's contrasting literature of the aforementioned.

The effects of age ain't pretty!

I think some type 2 fibers are converted to type 1, and apparently some of the fibers just plain die off according to studies. The average thickness of the cells goes down too. Older folks limbs contain more fat and connective tissue. I saw that in gross anatomy. I was lucky to get a guy that was only about 45 years old, he had great muscles. Lots of the other med students came to my table to glance at him, since their cadavers were all older people.

The elderly though were better to study for nerves since they were easier to see because the muscles were nice and small.

I think some type 2 fibers are converted to type 1, and apparently some of the fibers just plain die off according to studies. The average thickness of the cells goes down too. Older folks limbs contain more fat and connective tissue. I saw that in gross anatomy. I was lucky to get a guy that was only about 45 years old, he had great muscles. Lots of the other med students came to my table to glance at him, since their cadavers were all older people.

The elderly though were better to study for nerves since they were easier to see because the muscles were nice and small.
Several growth factors are involved that regulate the mechanisms of change in protein number and size within the muscle, with aging growth factors are diminishing. Beside IGF-1 fibroblast growth factor (FGF) is another important growth factor in muscle repair. Did you know that triceps has 10% to 30% more Type II fibers than the other arm muscles ?

Several growth factors are involved that regulate the mechanisms of change in protein number and size within the muscle, with aging growth factors are diminishing. Beside IGF-1 fibroblast growth factor (FGF) is another important growth factor in muscle repair. Did you know that triceps has 10% to 30% more Type II fibers than the other arm muscles ?
I’ve also read the loss of muscle as we age might also be from denervation and the decline of satellite cells. I’ve also read our bodies can’t absorb as much protein which causes the muscles to shrink. It’s kind of frustrating when your joints hurt more and your muscles get smaller as we age. Do you have any suggestions in how to best combat age-related muscle loss? I’m thinking GH might help the most.

Why do we lose type-2 muscle fibers as we get older ( e.g., age 60 plus). And does anyone believe taking higher dosages of anabolics can prevent this?
Anabolics is just a small part , you need growth fact
I’ve also read the loss of muscle as we age might also be from denervation and the decline of satellite cells. I’ve also read our bodies can’t absorb as much protein which causes the muscles to shrink. It’s kind of frustrating when your joints hurt more and your muscles get smaller as we age. Do you have any suggestions in how to best combat age-related muscle loss? I’m thinking GH might help the most.
GH will be converted to only 1 growth factor to IGF-1, our body all the other growth factors, fibroblast growth factors regulate a wide range of biological processes during development and adulthood, this growth factors must stay in normal range. To better understand read below.

Do you think this phenomenon is largely due to a decline in hormones ( especially testosterone) as we age?

More protein may be part of the answer. I have seen more then 1 study to show that.

Do you think this phenomenon is largely due to a decline in hormones ( especially testosterone) as we age?
I would think the lack of using the muscle may be a part of it. As people just usually do less as they get older. It would be nice to see what active people are like compared to the norm.

More protein may be part of the answer. I have seen more then 1 study to show that.
I think you are right. Consuming a lot of protein is probably part of the answer for helping prevent age-related muscle loss.

Partial hormones but mostly the decline of growth factors and stem cells.

I am guessing it is a multifaceted reason people loose muscle as they get older. Digestion appears to diminish. People have worse quality of sleep as they get older and make less melatonin. Plus get up during the night to piss more often which has to also diminish recovery ability.

Emeric. Didn't you increase your protein intake recently when you were doing your 2 a day workouts and put on muscle doing that?
Yes but also I am taking growth factors. Example Robby Robinson, he was down to 180 lbs,was training and eating plenty of protein, by adding the growth factors in to his diet, after 2 years his back at 205 lbs.

Attachments

• Robby with bottle.jpg
    Robby with bottle.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 62
I would think the lack of using the muscle may be a part of it. As people just usually do less as they get older. It would be nice to see what active people are like compared to the norm.
Emeric is a great example of an older person with good muscularity.

Yes but also I am taking growth factors. Example Robby Robinson, he was down to 180 lbs,was training and eating plenty of protein, by adding the growth factors in to his diet, after 2 years his back at 205 lbs.
Can these growth factors be purchased ? I am 66 not on TRT but holding on to a fair amount of muscle. Still 180 at 5'9" I would really like to get back to 190 lean. Thank you.

Reactions: KTT
What do you suggest

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity