Registered
Newbies
So I’ve been doing a post workout shake almost the same as my meal 1

1 scoop Iso
2 cups egg whites
Banana
Creatine
1.5 cups of oats

Meal 1 it’s the same with peanut butter added. I keep the peanut butter out PWO to keep fats low.

I realize now that I prob shouldn’t be doing oats PWO Bc of slow digestion. Thinking of adding in Rice Krispies instead of patsOr maybe rice cakes on the side instead for faster acting carbs.

I see Hunter Labrada uses Rice Krispies PWO.
I also noticed guys doing sugary cereal PWO. Thoughts?

I also do an Intra Shake with 50mg carbs, 25mg Dextrin that sometimes I finish PWO.

Pre Bed I’ve been doing Oats, 1 scoop iso, a scoop of peanut butter. Open to suggestions.

The main reason for oats is easy calories/carbs. Looking to bulk but as clean as possible.

Well since fructose has less of an insulin response than dextrose, and not being able to be stored as muscle glycogen, I’m not a fan of large amounts of shit calories bombed pwo. A little bit of fructose does help glycogen resynthesis when glucose is with it.

Also, weight training isn’t very glycogen demanding so there’s little need to “rapidly restore” glycogen unless your doing high volume two a days.

Cream of rice or grits would be a good choice if the oats are causing you to be full. Or you can powder the oats and will speed digestion

Or a low sugar cereal… rice or corn based. The cinnamon or blueberry rice Chex are good, just a little added sugar.

I give zero fucks about taste, so when needing a carb that’s drinkable, which is rare….i just pour a few packs of grits into the shaker cup.

For bedtime shake….casein or fat free Greek yogurt with whey added.

Or you could just chew your food. I don’t know why anyone would drink carbs outside of activity when sticky rice exists

Man people obsess over the craziest shit.

K.I.S.S.

Intra and postworkout carbs should be about what digests best for you (as should most bodybuilding food choices). You want stuff that digests quickly intra and post so you can get to your next meal and keep getting the calories in.

Here's what I do when bulking.

Intraworkout:
  • Creatine
  • EAAs
  • Gatorade powder
Postworkout:
  • True Nutrition whey isolate
  • Karbolyn
Before bed:
  • True Nutrition whey isolate
  • Low fat frozen yogurt
  • Blueberry muffin(s)
  • Almond or sunflower butter

@danieltx the oats digest fine for me, just knowing they are slower digesting carbs bs faster digesting thought I could improve

K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S.
The problem is that most people don`t know that real food is the most important to gain, recover or get lean, I would never replace real food with powders, I may would add some to the real food, but not replace it.

Interesting that studies show that pre and post workout nutrition are essentially meaningless. I do not necessarily agree they are but I'd think studies would find some benefit. I think protein and carbs pre and post should happen, but not something I'd overanalyze. Bagel, fruit, pasta, potato, rice cakes, neither is going to lead to better gains. If insulin is used things become more important.

Bed time is the right time for your body to rest and recover. The last thing
you want to is burden it with a bunch of stuff to digest. This is the time
to give things a break.

Agree with b-boy and Emeric. Top dogs, worth listening to.

Me, I'm a nobody, just spouting off my opinion.

Whey isolate , Egg whites, rice flour instead of oats and swap the banana for frozen strawberries.

1 scoop Iso
2 cups egg whites
Banana
Creatine
1.5 cups of oats

Meal 1 it’s the same with peanut butter added. I keep the peanut butter out PWO to keep fats low.

I realize now that I prob shouldn’t be doing oats PWO Bc of slow digestion. Thinking of adding in Rice Krispies instead of patsOr maybe rice cakes on the side instead for faster acting carbs.

I also do an Intra Shake with 50mg carbs, 25mg Dextrin that sometimes I finish PWO.

Pre Bed I’ve been doing Oats, 1 scoop iso, a scoop of peanut butter. Open to suggestions.

The main reason for oats is easy calories/carbs. Looking to bulk but as clean as possible.
I make almost this exact shake but with cooked white rice flour instead of oats. I do 230 grams of white rice flour, 230 grams of fruit juice, microwave for 108 seconds. Toss in blender with 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop isolate, 1 tbl avocado oil. 50 grams protein, 120 grams of carbs, 14 grams of fat

Will absolutely make no difference. Unless your having a digestion problem from something.

Consistency is key

Whey isolate , Egg whites, rice flour instead of oats and swap the banana for frozen strawberries.
Why the rice flour? Does it turn out thick and filling like oats? I like to "ear" my calories, can't drink them, massive appetite. If it's more volume I'd consider

Why the rice flour? Does it turn out thick and filling like oats? I like to "ear" my calories, can't drink them, massive appetite. If it's more volume I'd consider
Because the texture is smoother than cream of rice. It definitely won’t be thicker than oats

Post workout shake is 50g whey isolate with 50g carbs from Coco Krispy added.

If I have a early dinner or late night I have Caseine protein pudding with a little fat free Cool whip and a little dark chocolate.
50g protein , 10h carbs , 10g fat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-122907~2.png
    Screenshot_20220205-122907~2.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 13
I prefer real food as there is more nutrition in it. I quit trying to micro manage my body. As i found out it doesn't care about how i think things should be or work the best as it is going to do what ever it chooses.

Post workout shake is 50g whey isolate with 50g carbs from Coco Krispy added.

If I have a early dinner or late night I have Caseine protein pudding with a little fat free Cool whip and a little dark chocolate.
50g protein , 10h carbs , 10g fat
Have a recipe for this?

Will absolutely make no difference. Unless your having a digestion problem from something.

Consistency is key
I would never use just whey protein, I do have why protein in my diet by drinking raw whole milk, it contains 20%, the bioactive part of the raw milk and the Lactoferrin from the milk will prevent the whey to have negative effects on the microbiomes. A 2018 study that looked at athletes who specifically supplemented with whey protein found a decrease in the participant’s beneficial bacteria and an increase in the harmful bacteria.

1 scoop Iso
2 cups egg whites
Banana
Creatine
1.5 cups of oats

Post wo cereals for me are a staple....
I just eat 100-150g of rice cereals (low low fats) with 2 scoops of wheys.

Without even looking at Hunter's diet, with years i started eating in a similar way.
Lots of wheys and 400-500g meat a day. Never felt so good.
The rest of calories are basically from carbs, a bit of bread, mostly rice derivatives (COR, basmati, some rice threats,). I am not big on fats since i don't digest them so good, but want to try to include some more, can't shower 4700 clean cals.

I have no idea how Roman Fritz can eat 1000-1200g Carbs (all from rice), 400-500g prots and no added fats, it's a boatload of rice....

Great thread. I have been using casein mixed with fiber before bed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear