over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help with Post Workout/Bed time Shake

I’m talking about shakes consisting of other things such as mine with oats, banana, whey, peanut butter, etc.

Not shakes of milk and whey.

I thought I was pretty clear on that. To say that you need to only eat steak, chicken eggs, and those gains will be superior to a diet supplemented with shakes is false. Unless there’s science to prove otherwise.
I do think there is some merit that if people have to have a large % of their calories as shakes, they are force feeding. And unless they have the genetics + drugs, good chance all that food is not turning into muscle but they are gaining fat. At the same time, if someone is really pushing calories that high (say a powerlifter who doesn't care about fat gain or someone who just plans to diet hard later to get it off) shakes may help with keeping distention in check.

You’re living in the past brother. Sorry….

Science, supplementation has evolved. Plenty of enzymes, minerals in supplements now, arguably just as much as food, if not more.

For guys taking in 5,6,7K cals it’s much easier to get in a quick 1-2K with a shake.

Plenty of guys on here making shakes who have gained size. I believe @danieltx ? has 7K cals a day and some are from large
shakes
@heavyhitter has been 260 on shakes.
There’s a guy on IG, someone help me out here, I forget his name. He does chicken shakes. Chicken breast in a blender.

Ronnie has a video from back in the day where he’s doing like 6 scoops of protein in a blender with milk and chocolate milk powder.
Cbum does a breakfast shake of oatmeal, banana, yogurt, protein powder and berries I believe. He won 3 Olympias.

I don’t see anything wrong with having a PWO shake, and a real meal 1 hour later. Plenty of pros do this.
Or a combination of shakes and real food.
Unless you have science to say otherwise….
Granted my shakes have always been partly while food too. 1 scoop whey, tons of cooked white rice flour, and either boiled chicken breast or pasteurized egg whites. I learned it watching Derek Poundstone drink his chicken shake almost 20 years ago now

Fiberlyze( Species) , Greek Yogurt scoop with no flavor, 2 scoops of whey, 1 scoop of collagen

You’re living in the past brother. Sorry….

Science, supplementation has evolved. Plenty of enzymes, minerals in supplements now, arguably just as much as food, if not more.

For guys taking in 5,6,7K cals it’s much easier to get in a quick 1-2K with a shake.

Plenty of guys on here making shakes who have gained size. I believe @danieltx ? has 7K cals a day and some are from large
shakes
@heavyhitter has been 260 on shakes.
There’s a guy on IG, someone help me out here, I forget his name. He does chicken shakes. Chicken breast in a blender.

Ronnie has a video from back in the day where he’s doing like 6 scoops of protein in a blender with milk and chocolate milk powder.
Cbum does a breakfast shake of oatmeal, banana, yogurt, protein powder and berries I believe. He won 3 Olympias.

I don’t see anything wrong with having a PWO shake, and a real meal 1 hour later. Plenty of pros do this.
Or a combination of shakes and real food.
Unless you have science to say otherwise….
Coleman won 8 Olympia. probably you don`t know that I was helping Ron, (not with hormones) we even workout a few time, when he visited me, this was before his first Mr.O, he did started using dextrose and whey only when he started using insulin. When he visited me, after workout he eat stake and bake potato.

Hey, non one has to eat like me, just sharing the best and the healthiest way to gain muscle and live longer.
Emeric, I think the disconnect between you and those disagreeing with you is that your first priority is health. Using whey isolate may not be the healthiest option but for those pushing 5000 calories or more (which isn’t healthy anyway), it is convenient. Also, access to things like raw milk are limited to non existent for a lot of us. Personally I use a lot of whey isolate and mix it in my oatmeal or cream of rice. My digestion seems fine. I also eat kimchi and sauerkraut, take some digestive health supplements so that could be why. I do appreciate your posts but also see the disconnect from those strictly worried about muscle more so than health.

@emeric delczeg Just to echo what you said; I've always noticed I look/feel worse when consuming whey. Sometimes I may do pea protein , but whole foods are always most optimal. Doesn't matter the type either. Concentrate, isolate, ect. I'd rather a whole food source over a supp anyway

Kinda relates to what emeric said but there is an article in the article forum that speculates that the big guts we see are from people using shakes, liquid carbs, high gi carbs to get eat massive amounts of food and it leads to decrease in insulin sensitivity. It'd be interesting to know if anyone pushing food intake into the 6 k range is able to keep blood glucose in check without insulin.

Kinda relates to what emeric said but there is an article in the article forum that speculates that the big guts we see are from people using shakes, liquid carbs, high gi carbs to get eat massive amounts of food and it leads to decrease in insulin sensitivity. It'd be interesting to know if anyone pushing food intake into the 6 k range is able to keep blood glucose in check without insulin.
Prosed carbs, and products containing sugars have a very destructive effect on microbiomes.

Emeric, I think the disconnect between you and those disagreeing with you is that your first priority is health. Using whey isolate may not be the healthiest option but for those pushing 5000 calories or more (which isn’t healthy anyway), it is convenient. Also, access to things like raw milk are limited to non existent for a lot of us. Personally I use a lot of whey isolate and mix it in my oatmeal or cream of rice. My digestion seems fine. I also eat kimchi and sauerkraut, take some digestive health supplements so that could be why. I do appreciate your posts but also see the disconnect from those strictly worried about muscle more so than health.
To increase calories I use extra virgin olive oil, by consuming 1 cup per dat will add extra 1,920 calories with extra added health benefits. This is just one example.

To increase calories I use extra virgin olive oil, by consuming 1 cup per dat will add extra 1,920 calories with extra added health benefits. This is just one example.
I add 1-2 tbl extra virgin olive oil to all my shakes

I do a custom blend of 30% beef collagen, 35% whole egg, and 35% native milk protein. I don't know that I would ever use it fully in place of food, but at least for my simple brain, I try to mimick diverse amino acids profiles. It's a bit pricier, but it gives me piece of mind

That’s over 200g fat just from olive oil! Are there no negative health ramifications from taking in that much fat?, even if it’s from extra virgin olive oil?

I do a custom blend of 30% beef collagen, 35% whole egg, and 35% native milk protein. I don't know that I would ever use it fully in place of food, but at least for my simple brain, I try to mimick diverse amino acids profiles. It's a bit pricier, but it gives me piece of mind
You know collagen protein is missing all the essential amino acids besides lysine right?

That’s over 200g fat just from olive oil! Are there no negative health ramifications from taking in that much fat?, even if it’s from extra virgin olive oil?
No side negative effects, people in the mediterranean region start the day by drink 1/4 cup (60 ml) of olive oil every morning.

You know collagen protein is missing all the essential amino acids besides lysine right?
I'm fairly certain this statement is completely wrong, but I take the collagen for the other benefits. That is why it only accounts for 30% (the smallest percent of the 3 proteins in the blend). Those other 2 protein sources make up 70% of the blend. Like i said, mostly peace of mind. I figure if i get 5 or 6 scoops of that blend a day, it supplements the other 200 or so grams of protein i eat.

I'm fairly certain this statement is completely wrong, but I take the collagen for the other benefits. That is why it only accounts for 30% (the smallest percent of the 3 proteins in the blend). Those other 2 protein sources make up 70% of the blend. Like i said, mostly peace of mind. I figure if i get 5 or 6 scoops of that blend a day, it supplements the other 200 or so grams of protein i eat.
My bad, other way around, it’s missing lysine so it’s not a whole protein. What other reasons are you ingesting it for? Digestion? Skin and ligaments? Or something else entirely?

My bad, other way around, it’s missing lysine so it’s not a whole protein. What other reasons are you ingesting it for? Digestion? Skin and ligaments? Or something else entirely?
yep, pretty much all of the above. some of it is probably just hopeful, without any merit, but i had an injury similar to yours in august. I ripped my bicep tendon completely off the bone, and also nearly off the muscle side as well. It was hanging on by a thread. So, they drilled through the bone to connect the forearm side, and they removed a tendon from my wrist and used a donor tendon to repair the muscle side. It may not help the injury at all, but at least i'll get the other benefits you mentioned and its only 30% of the blend

yep, pretty much all of the above. some of it is probably just hopeful, without any merit, but i had an injury similar to yours in august. I ripped my bicep tendon completely off the bone, and also nearly off the muscle side as well. It was hanging on by a thread. So, they drilled through the bone to connect the forearm side, and they removed a tendon from my wrist and used a donor tendon to repair the muscle side. It may not help the injury at all, but at least i'll get the other benefits you mentioned and its only 30% of the blend
I could see that possibly being helpful for healing that. It’s certainly not harming it. And I know for me personally collagen or even just cheap gelatin is soothing to my stomach

Because the texture is smoother than cream of rice. It definitely won’t be thicker than oats
This is something that I want to try when going to bulk. Is it "dense" how you are taking it? I mean 300g flour and 300ml juice if I'm correct?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneWolf22
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131