mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen in the gym?

Things i hate in the gym
Dudes between sets doing shadow fighting (insecure as fuck )
Dudes dancing in the gym
After asking question how many sets type of answer : few , a lot…. You cant count to 10 you dumb motherfucker???? What kind of answer is: few….
Idiots with phones having great time between sets on fucking social media. You can do it outside fucking clown you waste other people time who wait for the equipment and has more to do later then you shithead.
Honestly cant stand those fuckers rant over.
One more thing…. When i want to open locker and some idiot has a clothes over there but he cant be bother to spend a fiver for a padlock so i am playing stupid guessing game which locker belong to idiot. Honestly in those moment i want to throw their shit on a ground and leave it there. And no they dont forget padlock it is every day like that !!!!

I saw a guy on multiple occasions use a 20lb BB like a marching band baton. Throw it up in the air, catch it - switch hands, etc. Never dropped it. Practice makes perfect!

I also saw a girl, who would practice what i would term "stripper dance" moves in front of a mirror between sets. Young and hot. Didn't mind her one bit! Pointed her out to another old guy next to me and said- "If you live long enough, I guess eventually see everything".

Yep, in Mississauga. Lot's of characters for sure, but at least we have access to some decent gyms in the area. What made you move to Nova Scotia?

The company I worked for closed its location to move to a place that I don't want to live in, couldn't afford to live in, and was too far to commute (105 km one way, 401 traffic). I'll be 36 this year and I'm sick to death of the struggle I've endured in the job market since graduating college at the age of 22. I have some family out here who offered to let me live with them temporarily. So I sold my condo in the absolutely ludicrous housing market of the GTA (great as a seller 😎) and I'm going to try to build a life here. It may work out, it may not. I just decided I was going to stop "doing what I was supposed to" and getting nothing for it.

One that ill occasionally see at the gym, gyno in too tight a shirt showing the puff or flab on the side of the pec hanging out a loose shirt. To me the equivalent of a fat girl wearing too tight clothing. Not something anyone wants to see.

Seriously 😂 my ass off here

People grabbing weights off your machine without any communication - not even a guy a girl ❣️ but one thing is everyone in the gym is alpha at some level -so all about respecting others

Seriously 😂 my ass off here

People grabbing weights off your machine without any communication - not even a guy a girl ❣️ but one thing is everyone in the gym is alpha at some level -so all about respecting others
I beg to differ with this rule, unless you physically brought that weight over to use intentionally, if it was there when you got there, and when I got there,and you haven't used it yet, you sure as fuck didn't RSVP that plate, hence its fair game and I would stand my ground if somebody had an issue with this I do it frequently

Theres a couple who have one of them step counting apps on their phones who stand around the gym shaking their phones. My guess is they brag to their friends about the great cardio workout they get

I beg to differ with this rule, unless you physically brought that weight over to use intentionally, if it was there when you got there, and when I got there,and you haven't used it yet, you sure as fuck didn't RSVP that plate, hence its fair game and I would stand my ground if somebody had an issue with this I do it frequently
All our hammer machines have weights already there
It's not about a rule , just because a plate isn't loaded doesn't mean person using machine doesn't intend on using it.
It's only etiquette to ask a person before you grab it since weight goes with the person using the actual machine-they have first dibs -From my perspective anyway -more aggressive mule might think otherwise 😘

Just because you didn't start eating your potato doesn't mean someone can just pick it up off your plate and start chowing on it

I think what he means is people grabbing the plates while you're in the middle of a set. Machines like the leg press and hack squat have plate holders like power racks. If someone wants to grab it while I'm resting, I still think it's lazy and they should go to where there's neutral plates but I shrug it off. It's much more annoying when they're pulling or loading plates while you're in the middle of the set and the vibration can throw you off physically and mentally.

I had someone pull plates off the bench bar between sets. I was still on the bench and they walked up and grabbed the plates like they were the only one in the gym.

I had someone pull plates off the bench bar between sets. I was still on the bench and they walked up and grabbed the plates like they were the only one in the gym.

Like this?

Theres a couple who have one of them step counting apps on their phones who stand around the gym shaking their phones. My guess is they brag to their friends about the great cardio workout they get
Ive never agreed with the trend in counting steps as " cardio". Sure moving more will by n more calories but a larger defect is what is important. Studies show that increases in steps and moving the body adapts to. The point of cardio is to work the heart

Ive never agreed with the trend in counting steps as " cardio". Sure moving more will by n more calories but a larger defect is what is important. Studies show that increases in steps and moving the body adapts to. The point of cardio is to work the heart

I agree with this because I've worked manual labour that also involved a lot of walking. I sure didn't get shredded from it and most of my co-workers were overweight to obese. I think the body adapts to NEAT very fast because it's so easy. So when someone talks about their steps like an Olympic gold medal I just laugh.

Not stupid BUT I saw a guy doing box squats with 315...on the third set the box broke and he became pinned on the floor with the bar rolling over his head...ouch!

I agree with this because I've worked manual labour that also involved a lot of walking. I sure didn't get shredded from it and most of my co-workers were overweight to obese. I think the body adapts to NEAT very fast because it's so easy. So when someone talks about their steps like an Olympic gold medal I just laugh.
This. From reading other forums, I feel like at some point steps became the thing, vs actually doing cardio. I don't know if it's because people hate cardio, "cardio burns muscle bro", or steps was the trendy thing that caught on by content creators looking to make $. I bought into it a while back on a diet and started hiking in addition to gym cardio. One day I just stopped and my weight loss didn't slow down.

its cool to workout now adays. sometimes i wish instragram and snapchat went down for a month so the gyms could empty out again.

its cool to workout now adays. sometimes i wish instragram and snapchat went down for a month so the gyms could empty out again.

Absolutely. I would wager at least half of all gym memberships are purchased by people because they think they're "supposed to" workout or crave the kind of attention one receives for being admired physically than a true passion for lifting.

This past year at a gym in FL I witnessed a girl walk into the gym on her cell phone and she proceeded to train while on the cell phone. Probably would not be too out of the ordinary, however she had the phone next to her ear and pinned against her shoulder as she did leg presses, bench press on machine, followed by lat pull downs and then rows and shoulder presses all the while she has her phone pinned to her ear and shoulder. She trained for about 30 mins like this and left still on the phone. When I got home my neck hurt just from watching her. My training partner said you ever see anything like that before. I was like no, and I've been training in gyms for almost 40 years.

Guys who think taking steroids and being strong somehow magically makes them tough and skilled at hand-to-hand combat. It doesn't.

Today some juice pig fucking asshole was running his mouth about me. Not directly to my face, but to his friend. There's only one of those Life Fitness dual pulley machines at this gym and some guy was using it when I came in, but I kept an eye on it to get it next. I got to it and after my first set this neanderthal walks past:

"I'D LIKE TO USE THIS MACHINE, BUT THERES ALWAYS SOME FUCKING KID ON IT."

I was looking at the floor at the time, but I knew it was about me. I also didn't realize I looked so young to be referred to as a kid when I'm turning 36 and six feet tall. Then a few minutes later I hear:

"LIKE HE'S BEEN ON IT FOR TEN MINUTES. I'M SORRY BUT COME ON."

I had used it for less than five at that point. He was just too slow to get it from the other guy and now he has to wait for me. I finish up and purposely walked towards them to get a spray bottle and both their eyes dart to the floor. Just shut the fuck up then. Walking around in a tank top thinking everyone should cater to you because you workout is so stupid. You can have 20-inch arms and incline 405, but if I punch you in the throat you die like everyone else.

Guys who think taking steroids and being strong somehow magically makes them tough and skilled at hand-to-hand combat. It doesn't.

Today some juice pig fucking asshole was running his mouth about me. Not directly to my face, but to his friend. There's only one of those Life Fitness dual pulley machines at this gym and some guy was using it when I came in, but I kept an eye on it to get it next. I got to it and after my first set this neanderthal walks past:

"I'D LIKE TO USE THIS MACHINE, BUT THERES ALWAYS SOME FUCKING KID ON IT."

I was looking at the floor at the time, but I knew it was about me. I also didn't realize I looked so young to be referred to as a kid when I'm turning 36 and six feet tall. Then a few minutes later I hear:

"LIKE HE'S BEEN ON IT FOR TEN MINUTES. I'M SORRY BUT COME ON."

I had used it for less than five at that point. He was just too slow to get it from the other guy and now he has to wait for me. I finish up and purposely walked towards them to get a spray bottle and both their eyes dart to the floor. Just shut the fuck up then. Walking around in a tank top thinking everyone should cater to you because you workout is so stupid. You can have 20-inch arms and incline 405, but if I punch you in the throat you die like everyone else.
You’re better than me! I couldn’t hold my tongue the way you did. Which is dumb I know, cause I’d end up with a charge, fines, possibly civilly sued, etc… So glad I don’t use a public gym! I really feel for y’all!

Cage

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner