over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan without high BP.

bigzzz

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hi!

Are there other people here taking telmi(low dose) without having a high blood pressure? So for the other benefits?
If so, do you think it is worth it? Because no Med comes without sides of course.

I would not take a drug to get one of the side effects, even if it was a positive one, if i did not need it for the original purpose. It may well be less effective if the time comes that i need it. I would stick to taking something for the effects it is primarily designed to be used for.

Yeah, much better sups and drugs to get the secondary benefits without having low blood pressure to deal with. Passing out behind the wheel or standing up to fast is a quick way to a lot of problems.

My blood pressure has slowly ticked upwards the older I’ve gotten. Not bad, but not great either. Was typically running 130/80, or a tad higher. Started on 40mg Telmisartan daily and this morning’s reading was 122/73. I’ll take the improved BP all day!

Cage

Not the same thing, but close - I picked up some propranolol for when I’m giving keynotes or presentations to large audiences, mainly because for whatever reason I’d just sweat a lot. It’s good for that.

My blood pressure has slowly ticked upwards the older I’ve gotten. Not bad, but not great either. Was typically running 130/80, or a tad higher. Started on 40mg Telmisartan daily and this morning’s reading was 122/73. I’ll take the improved BP all day!

Cage

Same, I hover in the 130s 40mg puts me at 120/70 80mg puts me at 116/60 the doctor like it but I get dizzy stand up that low.

I take telmisartan as BP insurance and for it's other cardio protective benefits like mitigating LVH and visceral fat accumulation. Even minor benefits in those areas make it worth my while.

From Bing ChatGPT:

According to some studies, telmisartan can improve myocardial remodeling and reduce myocardial fibrosis in hypertensive left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) rats by inhibiting leptin autocrine induced by angiotensin II (Ang II) and leptin downstream signaling molecular STAT3 phosphorylation. Telmisartan is also effective in reducing blood pressure and LVH in hypertensive patients.

Cage
Cage since telmisartan can cause high potassium levels,wouldn’t the thiazide added to protect against high potassium plus added benefits to bp ?

Cage since telmisartan can cause high potassium levels,wouldn’t the thiazide added to protect against high potassium plus added benefits to bp ?
I wouldn’t take it unless it’s needed. Some people can get by with just Telmisartan. I’m one of em for sure. However some need the extra diuretic paired with Telmisartan.

Cage

Reactions: D2
Not the same thing, but close - I picked up some propranolol for when I’m giving keynotes or presentations to large audiences, mainly because for whatever reason I’d just sweat a lot. It’s good for that.
Does propranolol work that fast? Or would you let it build up for a week or so?

Does propranolol work that fast? Or would you let it build up for a week or so?
Could be a blend of placebo and some immediate effect, but it seems to be rather effective used selectively for particular occasions

Could be a blend of placebo and some immediate effect, but it seems to be rather effective used selectively for particular occasions
I didn't know that! Thanks man, got some lying around here so might try it. How much do you take?

I didn't know that! Thanks man, got some lying around here so might try it. How much do you take?
40-80mg (depending on if it’s a quick 60 minute thing or a 4+ hour event) 2-3 hours before does the trick

YES! It can damage the renin cells in your kidneys over time—leading to chronic kidney disease. It would be ignorant to take a pill to lower blood pressure, if you don’t have high blood pressure. Low blood pressure can also be dangerous.
isn't it meant to protect kidneys though?
thats bad news for people who actually need it longterm ?

isn't it meant to protect kidneys though?
thats bad news for people who actually need it longterm ?
Yeah, I would like to hear some insight about this as well. I'm on Telmisartan and I read about the back and forth of it protects kidneys and then it can also damage kidneys but haven't read a valid in-depth explanation as to why.

Yes, Telmisartan is good to take for prevention. The benefits outweigh the risks (there are essentially no risks). No one here can provide any valid reason why it would be bad to take that's not based in any actual evidence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity