mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are all our EXes into non bodybuilders now?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I ran into a friend the other day and he asked me about a certain girl I had dated in the past, and I told him she got married blah blah. We got to talking about who she ended up with and it continued about other exes for both of us. He is a lifter as well.

There is a pattern to all of them. Not one of them ended up with a bodybuilder. Its either they end up with a fat fuck who has never seen a gym or some skinny pretty boy or just a regular average guy. No lifters whatsoever.

I ran into a different friend's ex at the movie theater Saturday night, and sure enough she was with some scrawny stringbean dude. And my friend is a 230 lb powerlifter all jacked. And she ends up with Joe Shmoe?

Im trying to figure out why this is. Is it that our lifestyle takes such a toll on our women that they want no part of the lifestyle again? The devotion to the gym, the eating, the gear, is it too much?

Even my ex fiance is with some fucking average jerkoff, whats the story guys? Anyone else realize this as well?

The look

BN, I'm at work right now so I'll elaborate later. Basically, they are not threatened by the skinny guys nor do they think they have to compete with them to look as though they should fit our percieved standards. They are illogical, irrational, emotional creatures. But I can't do without them LOL

Tom

I think you are pretty close with your observation. It may be the fact that the girls that have been with BBers or lifters figure we are all the same. So they choose the average joe. They are not as intimidating or as aggressive as some of us. They tend to be more passive and submissive so they can be more easily manipulated and will generally go with the flow. Us on the other hand do accept mediocrity, do not like to be common or ordinary, we are generally outspoken and free spirited. We are strong, domineering and can be demanding. Average joe is none of those things he is, well, average. Ususally has no drive or is not a goal setter and just is happy to run with the crowd.

I accually had this conversation with an Ex of mine. We are still on uncomfortable terms, But we are speaking. Someone that puts so much into their bodies, Someone that pays attention to such detail on themselves, someone that says about how fat they are when they are 10-11%, This just brings about insecurities that the girl has deep down already. My girl wouldn't get naked in the same room without the lights off or a blanket.

Its a common misconception. I could care less what she looks(within reason) like as long as she is a caring, nuturing and nice girl.

Maybe they got tired of EVERYONE looking at you when you entered a room rather than her...And now it's her turn to be awed at:D

easy answer...

CRAZY!!!!!! But I understand Ricky Martin highlights, glow sticks and designer jeans are pretty hot on a guy;) Shake a bon bon!!!

gooey

Agreed

I am with oldfella on this one BN.

I think you are pretty close with your observation. It may be the fact that the girls that have been with BBers or lifters figure we are all the same. So they choose the average joe. They are not as intimidating or as aggressive as some of us. They tend to be more passive and submissive so they can be more easily manipulated and will generally go with the flow. Us on the other hand do accept mediocrity, do not like to be common or ordinary, we are generally outspoken and free spirited. We are strong, domineering and can be demanding. Average joe is none of those things he is, well, average. Ususally has no drive or is not a goal setter and just is happy to run with the crowd.

Its simple women dont fall in love with thier eye's. They fall in love with emotion and on many levels.

They are much more complex than us men emotionally, for us if it looks good and meets us on one or two emotional levels were good to go!

But then again out lifestyle is very difficult to deal with.

ATTRACTIVENESS

WE FIND ATTRACTIVE TRAITS IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. MUSCLES ARE JUST ONE PART OF THE "ATTRACTION" PUZZLE. WE AS BODYBUILDERS ARE SO FIXATED ON IT THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE OTHER ASPECTS OF ATTRACTIVENESS IN EACH OTHER.

I accually had this conversation with an Ex of mine. We are still on uncomfortable terms, But we are speaking. Someone that puts so much into their bodies, Someone that pays attention to such detail on themselves, someone that says about how fat they are when they are 10-11%, This just brings about insecurities that the girl has deep down already. My girl wouldn't get naked in the same room without the lights off or a blanket.

Its a common misconception. I could care less what she looks(within reason) like as long as she is a caring, nuturing and nice girl.

I think that this is a big part of it. I have had this experience with most of the women ive been with.

Its because those guys are a safe bett for a number of reasons.

Lots of bodybuiders can be selfish and egotistical.

Combine that with lots of attention from males and females everywhere you go and it can make a guy hard to be around.

I'd hate to be around most figure girls I have met. They talk about themselves constantly, complain about how hard their diets are, worry about the hair, makeup and nails constantly. Good grief, it could get old in a hurry.

I think we have to have something in our lives that keeps us grounded and humble.

I am not saying all of us are like figure girls, or that all figure girls are superficial...but, I have seen it often enough that it sure comes to mind! ;)

Spot on Oldfella. They actually did a survey on this and said for a quick one night stand a bb or a buff guy with muscles is more likely to get the one night stand. In the long run they say your average jhoe ends up with that one night stand per say. I really think if you are with a girl that understands the sport and competes or has competed I really think they will be the ones to stand by you. It boils down to how much love she has for you and if she has the love she says she has then there should be no issue. Sorry, Baldnazi I kinda got of topic but you know what I mean.

From a female's prespective.. over the years i have dated bbers and NON fitness people.... i was an equal opportunity dater and have always gone for th personality & attraction factor combo.. I do know that the easier relationships were the ones with someone who enjoyed and respected my lifestyle of fitness ( dont laugh Gearheadz , I will get back in to the gym)

I am happier and more in love then I have ever been and it is with someone who shares this lifestyle with me but in all reality that common interest is not what defines our love or even is a major factor but it does certainly help with the amazing bond and connection we share. it adds to the many things we can share and spend time doing together. :D

From a female's prespective.. over the years i have dated bbers and NON fitness people.... i was an equal opportunity dater and have always gone for th personality & attraction factor combo.. I do know that the easier relationships were the ones with someone who enjoyed and respected my lifestyle of fitness ( dont laugh Gearheadz , I will get back in to the gym)

I am happier and more in love then I have ever been and it is with someone who shares this lifestyle with me but in all reality that common interest is not what defines our love or even is a major factor but it does certainly help with the amazing bond and connection we share. it adds to the many things we can share and spend time doing together. :D

I dare not laugh. We will get in a gym when you get out here. I will say this and you were spot on it does make it easier but you have to go for that personality and attraction. Look where it got me;)

well.. coming from a family of 5 sisters.. yes 5!!!. i can tell ya that the subject has come up alot.. one of my sisiters said to me "many girls dont like to date bodybuilders because it takes the attention away from them.. when ya walk into a restaurant the girls look at the guy.. and the guys actually scope out the guy.. they dont pay much attention to the girl, no matter how attractive, if the guy is buff.. the guys even look at them..no girl likes that".. now, i thought she was crazy but, i brought this up in my gym one time to a few women.. they said they thought she was right in many aspects but, that the older the girl gets the more she likes to show off her man especially if her friends husbands ect are out of shape.. but, everyone has different tastes..

NAILED my current relationship... but she loves me anyway :D . I actually won out on this one and made this point... and she opened her eyes to it and realized i was right. She always said "none of my other bf's ever upset me, or did this, or did that, etc...". Id say...well your ex bf's were scrawny pussies with no ambition, self respect, or balls. They kissed your ass because your hot and they knew they couldnt get another girl like you. Im around hot girls in this industry all the time, i care more about whats INSIDE (which is true, but u still gotta be good looking). ...after a while she realized shed rather have a MAN who is dominant and strong willed, rather than a pushover little boy.

WE FIND ATTRACTIVE TRAITS IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US. MUSCLES ARE JUST ONE PART OF THE "ATTRACTION" PUZZLE. WE AS BODYBUILDERS ARE SO FIXATED ON IT THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE OTHER ASPECTS OF ATTRACTIVENESS IN EACH OTHER.

This is also PARTIALLY true. We do put muscles on a pedestal and use them as a "scale" for attractiveness. I have learned over time to realize that it is not the end all, but it IS more prominent than you think. Guys our size are intimidating and not the norm, so we are seen as a rarity and unapproachable/unattainable. Just like that SMOKIN hot girl who walks through the door who is a total 11. How many guys hit on her all night? Probably not many, they are scared. Sure there will probably be a bunch of meek faulty attempts, but no serious attempts/approaches.

See, iv been at parties where word would get around where some girl is tellin her friends(and shes usually the leader of the pack trying to sound cool, because she wants to appear as if she can get ANY guy she wants, but isnt so sure about YOU)... "ew thats disgusting, hes too big, thats nasty". So long story short (and i swear to you iv done this at LEAST 4-5 times), i end up hookin up with her (after telling my plans to my friends) then loudly "puttin her on the spot" with what she said and embarrasing her, then walking away. God i hate stuck up bitches......

yup, you nailed it. i went and bought the wife a nice sets of D's and now the attention factor is even'd out, problem solved. :D hey lats old buddy:p

well.. coming from a family of 5 sisters.. yes 5!!!. i can tell ya that the subject has come up alot.. one of my sisiters said to me "many girls dont like to date bodybuilders because it takes the attention away from them.. when ya walk into a restaurant the girls look at the guy.. and the guys actually scope out the guy.. they dont pay much attention to the girl, no matter how attractive, if the guy is buff.. the guys even look at them..no girl likes that".. now, i thought she was crazy but, i brought this up in my gym one time to a few women.. they said they thought she was right in many aspects but, that the older the girl gets the more she likes to show off her man especially if her friends husbands ect are out of shape.. but, everyone has different tastes..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws