over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

40g vs 70g protein post workout = 70g better

I'm just a nobody who likes a workout but I do eat a fairly consistent diet and noticed improvements having a pre-workout shake of 100g protein. I just toss in 140g dry weight whey and 140g berries about 20 minutes before I workout.

I'm just a nobody who likes a workout but I do eat a fairly consistent diet and noticed improvements having a pre-workout shake of 100g protein. I just toss in 140g dry weight whey and 140g berries about 20 minutes before I workout.

i really hope you have a homegym

protein farts of death anyone?

Haha I workout in a garage gym with some powerlifters ... but its the first meal of my day and honestly I have no indigestion. The rest of my meals are just chicken with white rice or potatoes. I only have digestion problems when I eat a lot of fats.

It did make a difference in my physique tho. I know the research prob says its a waste but the mirror, bro science?, tells me differently.

that's maybe the most run-on filled report ive ever tried to read.
the 2nd paragraph is one long run-on sentence.

Nice post. MD had an article about this subject last year, showing that large quantities of protein consumed in a single sitting boosted muscle growth to a greater degree than smaller quantities, even when the amount of protein consumed was far beyond what was previously considered to be the upper-limit of useful protein intake. As the article stated, a reduction in protein breakdown was the primary mechanism through which this occurred.

Based on the research done thus far, it appears, at least in theory, that the fastest way to build muscle tissue during a single sitting would be to consume a large amount of whole-food protein (in order to minimize protein breakdown), along with a bolus dose of around 5 grams peptide-bonded leucine (in order to maximally stimulate protein synthesis).

It's less about overall amount of protein consumed and more about the timing of when you consume the largest amount. Breakfast and immediately post workout.

I have been having less protein per serving recently but when I bulk next that will be increased. I will be having 50-70g every meal of the day.

this is a great thread. what is everyone experience with consuming over 1.5g protein per lb/bodyweight while on androgens/anabolics? Did you notice an increase muscle growth the higher you went? or did you experience a "ceiling effect" protein "plateau" in terms of muscle building response? thanks
Protein is very thermogenic 7x as much as carbs

also was this experienced with mostly whole foods or protein shakes?

Last edited:
Protien

When I was working with Alex A I was on 1.5 protein which was 360 gram and the difference was very noticable

I'm with you on that, I've never blinked an eye at having "the saturated dose" of protein, no matter what my protein shakes have always been 75g a shake at the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a great thread. what is everyone experience with consuming over 1.5g protein per lb/bodyweight while on androgens/anabolics? Did you notice an increase muscle growth the higher you went? or did you experience a "ceiling effect" protein "plateau" in terms of muscle building response? thanks
Protein is very thermogenic 7x as much as carbs

also was this experienced with mostly whole foods or protein shakes?

This is a subject that has been argued ad nauseum. Furthermore, we have seen numerous examples of bodybuilders, professional and otherwise, who have built massive amounts of muscle tissue with a wide range of protein intake. Jay Cutler ate about 1 gram per pound, yet was one of the largest bodybuilders ever, while someone like Kai Greene (who is also massive) used to eat as much as 3-4 grams per pound (he stopped that nonsense after switching to Farah). So, there are plenty of examples of guys who have had success eating varying amounts of protein. In general, it seems that most of the larger guys seem to eat somewhere between 1-2 grams per pound in the off-season, when carbs and fats are plentiful.

The latest science might suggest that eating 2 or even more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is more effective for growth than 1-1.5 gram...and it most certainly would be if one was eating ONLY protein (or subsisting on sub-optimal amounts of carbs and fats), but no bodybuilder trying to maximize muscle growth eats that way. So, when a study indicates that eating massive amounts of protein is more effective than eating more moderate amounts of protein (say 1-1.5 grams per pound), we need to take into consideration that most, if not all of those studies were conducted in the absence of concomitant carb and fat intake.

Many of these studies do not take into consideration the large number of potential variables that could affect the end result. There is a big difference between consuming protein alone compared to protein with a surplus of carbs and fats.

In situations like this, I think it is best to turn to real-world experience for guidance, especially when the subject at hand has been explored by innumerable bodybuilders over several decades. Experience has shown that eating exorbitant quantities of protein during the off-season (over 2 grams per pound) rarely seems to produce superior results in muscle growth compared to eating 1-2 grams per pound (assuming carbohydrate and fat intake is optimal), but it often does lead to digestion issues, additional kidney stress, and other potential problems.

Based on the above, I personally don't believe that eating more than 1.5 grams per pound produces measurably better results when one's overall carb and fat intake is where it needs to be. I just haven't seen the real-world evidence for it. Every now and then I will hear someone tell me that eating 2 grams or more produced better results for them, but I always wonder if there are other factors not accounted for during these situations, as the vast majority seem to grow just as quickly on 1-1.5 grams per pound.

Keep in mind that several other factors can influence one's ideal intake, such as the types of protein consumed, the timing of one's protein intake, how well they digest-absorb their protein, etc.

Last edited:

I know you said in a later post you had never experienced any digestion issues doing this, but man... :eek: 140g whey concentrate (I assume it's not iso since the amount only translates to 100g pro) in one sitting... my stomach would be such an immense mess!! :eek:

Hell, just the 75g whey iso or hydro (and I've tried all brands you can think of) I usually sip on for about one hour once I'm done working out are "delicate", as are the shakes I have at night, believe me I'm jealous of your tolerance for powders (cause the same is happening with casein). :(

Seems like as I'm aging I can't digest properly powders anymore... on the other hand, I can easily get 120g of protein from whole foods in a single meal and feel perfectly fine afterwards... except for some extreme lethargy, but that's again another story. :)

Would it not be true to match calorie and total protein intake towards how anabolic you are ?
I typically take in around 200 gms protein in my 3 hr workout window which is where I am my most anabolic. Here I have spiked my insulin levels, opened up anabolic pathways and added Orals during this phase of the day.
Then the size of your current cycle dictating the rest of your daily requirements.
Would you not need more cals on say 400 test, 600 tren then 400 test 600 primo. be it protein, fat or carbs.
And it to be true more protein would be utilized and needed on 600test 1000 primo.

This is a subject that has been argued ad nauseum. Furthermore, we have seen numerous examples of bodybuilders, professional and otherwise, who have built massive amounts of muscle tissue with a wide range of protein intake. Jay Cutler ate about 1 gram per pound, yet was one of the largest bodybuilders ever, while someone like Kai Greene (who is also massive) used to eat as much as 3-4 grams per pound (he stopped that nonsense after switching to Farah). So, there are plenty of examples of guys who have had success eating varying amounts of protein. In general, it seems that most of the larger guys seem to eat somewhere between 1-2 grams per pound in the off-season, when carbs and fats are plentiful.

The latest science might suggest that eating 2 or even more grams of protein per pound of bodyweight is more effective for growth than 1-1.5 gram...and it most certainly would be if one was eating ONLY protein (or subsisting on sub-optimal amounts of carbs and fats), but no bodybuilder trying to maximize muscle growth eats that way. So, when a study indicates that eating massive amounts of protein is more effective than eating more moderate amounts of protein (say 1-1.5 grams per pound), we need to take into consideration that most, if not all of those studies were conducted in the absence of concomitant carb and fat intake.

Many of these studies do not take into consideration the large number of potential variables that could affect the end result. There is a big difference between consuming protein alone compared to protein with a surplus of carbs and fats.

In situations like this, I think it is best to turn to real-world experience for guidance, especially when the subject at hand has been explored by innumerable bodybuilders over several decades. Experience has shown that eating exorbitant quantities of protein during the off-season (over 2 grams per pound) rarely seems to produce superior results in muscle growth compared to eating 1-2 grams per pound (assuming carbohydrate and fat intake is optimal), but it often does lead to digestion issues, additional kidney stress, and other potential problems.

Based on the above, I personally don't believe that eating more than 1.5 grams per pound produces measurably better results when one's overall carb and fat intake is where it needs to be. I just haven't seen the real-world evidence for it. Every now and then I will hear someone tell me that eating 2 grams or more produced better results for them, but I always wonder if there are other factors not accounted for during these situations, as the vast majority seem to grow just as quickly on 1-1.5 grams per pound.

Keep in mind that several other factors can influence one's ideal intake, such as the types of protein consumed, the timing of one's protein intake, how well they digest-absorb their protein, etc.

Ronnie Coleman claimed that he grew best when he upped his protein to 2.0 grams per pound.

At 300lbs, he ate 600g of protein. He ate 6 meals a day, where each one consisted of 100g protein and 100g carb.

Thoughts?

Bodywieght aside, you need enough Anabolic steroids to utilize 600gms of protein.
If I retain 250lbs @ 6% on 500test and 800 primo with 250gms of protein, adding additional protein will not add in additional gains without upping my amount of anabolics.
And vice versa, adding in more anabolics without adding in more protein.
So to retain 260lbs @ 6% you would need both, more anabolics and protein.
Adding in more Androgens would require more calories from protein, fat or carbs above your anabolic requirement.

Yea my next bulk I'll be consuming 450 3weeks 500 3 weeks 550 3weeks 600 then sit there for awhile atleast s month.. I'll do a detox right after aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does your cycle look like?
Seems you would need at least 3gms but probably more like 4gms.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131