over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A show is as good as who shows. Go figure

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm over at RX MUSCLE looking at the gallery. I click up the pics of the NPC Delaware State and I see a guy named Will Rode. Nice guy. He did the Bill Grant show this year and placed third to my fourth place finish in masters.

Now I see he has won the Delaware masters and placed third in the heavyweights. He looks like he is in the same shape as the BG show.

As I said I guess a show is only as good as the people that show up. obviously.

Next time I'll have my wife stand outside and tell everyone the show has been moved to next weekend. Ya....ya......thats what I'll do.

why?????......so you can get a first place, plastic, 3 dollar trophy????

why compete if your the only one on stage????

i'm sure the trophy store can just make you one up
hell.........tell them to put 1st place mr. o on it

just think......you wont have to diet, tan, step on stage or even train

:D

That's why we can't let placings encourage or discourage us...............

The best I've ever looked I ended up placing 4th in an ultra competitive class...........sure it took a toll on my ego, but looking back all it did was motivate to improve that much more (as well as give a reality check:D)

On the other hand the very first show I ever competed I took the novice overall................talk about about a big head, I flaunted it around town hyping myself to be a future pro wondering what it would be like when they called me and Flex Wheeler out for comparisons:rolleyes:

Of course I proceeded to finish 8th in my next show in front of tons of friends of family:eek:................ironically enough Flex Wheeler was at the show in the audience.....LMAO

I don't know how good I will do at my show, frankly I need more size. The prize for me was the conditioning and all my friends telling me the same response "You are close to 50?";)

So true!

That's why we can't let placings encourage or discourage us...............

The best I've ever looked I ended up placing 4th in an ultra competitive class...........sure it took a toll on my ego, but looking back all it did was motivate to improve that much more (as well as give a reality check:D)

On the other hand the very first show I ever competed I took the novice overall................talk about about a big head, I flaunted it around town hyping myself to be a future pro wondering what it would be like when they called me and Flex Wheeler out for comparisons:rolleyes:

Of course I proceeded to finish 8th in my next show in front of tons of friends of family:eek:................ironically enough Flex Wheeler was at the show in the audience.....LMAO

The hole thing sent me back to the gym as a man possessed.
It lead me to make a few big decisions.

why?????......so you can get a first place, plastic, 3 dollar trophy????

why compete if your the only one on stage????

i'm sure the trophy store can just make you one up
hell.........tell them to put 1st place mr. o on it

just think......you wont have to diet, tan, step on stage or even train

:D

tenny, tell me when your going to read my posts and I'll put up BIG smile faces so you know when I'm kidding.:p;):rolleyes::):eek:;):eek:

what?????????

you were joking

:D:eek::(:):(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::p

This Post Disturbs me a little.

I'm over at RX MUSCLE looking at the gallery. I click up the pics of the NPC Delaware State and I see a guy named Will Rode. Nice guy. He did the Bill Grant show this year and placed third to my fourth place finish in masters.

Now I see he has won the Delaware masters and placed third in the heavyweights. He looks like he is in the same shape as the BG show.

Next time I'll have my wife stand outside and tell everyone the show has been moved to next weekend. Ya....ya......thats what I'll do.

What disturbs me about this post:

1. You disrespected a fellow competitor. In a real bodybuilding code you should respect all that share the stage with you. I am assuming you competed after much suffering and dedication. You should always assume that those you compete with have done the same. You dishonor them by offering them anything less then congratulations on victory especially if the victory comes over you.

2. As a competitor you should always train like King Kong, Godzilla, and Rhodan will show up. That will assure you on pride and guile alone to show up as your best. You can't control who shows up but if they all do well, 4th place don't look so bad.

3. In this world you can be 2 things A Gladiator or a Critic. The Gladiator prepares for battle, puts it all on the line all for the thrill of competition and the glory of victory. The critic sits in the confort of there little life and critisizes the Gladiator for what he did in battle. All the while never knowing what it feels like to feel the pain and suffering of competition nor the esctasy of victory. You are playing the role of critic in your post. The fact is Bill Grant competed put himself out there. You didn't you just sat back and told your buddies or whoever "yeah if I wouldn't trained for that I would be the Deleware State Champ blah blah blah..."

1. You disrespected a fellow competitor. In a real bodybuilding code you should respect all that share the stage with you. I am assuming you competed after much suffering and dedication. You should always assume that those you compete with have done the same. You dishonor them by offering them anything less then congratulations on victory especially if the victory comes over you.

2. As a competitor you should always train like King Kong, Godzilla, and Rhodan will show up. That will assure you on pride and guile alone to show up as your best. You can't control who shows up but if they all do well, 4th place don't look so bad.

3. In this world you can be 2 things A Gladiator or a Critic. The Gladiator prepares for battle, puts it all on the line all for the thrill of competition and the glory of victory. The critic sits in the confort of there little life and critisizes the Gladiator for what he did in battle. All the while never knowing what it feels like to feel the pain and suffering of competition nor the esctasy of victory. You are playing the role of critic in your post. The fact is Bill Grant competed put himself out there. You didn't you just sat back and told your buddies or whoever "yeah if I wouldn't trained for that I would be the Deleware State Champ blah blah blah..."

Man. You know why I like you Tony? You'r old school! What you said in point 1 is awesome. You represent the "old guard" and it's admirable.

This post motivates me right here! Train hard, eat hard, repeat with consistency...show up on game day and give it your best! That is all we can do and should be happy about it, if you put an honest effort towards the goal with a hell of a lot work! No you do not know who going to show up, who cares, be proud of yourself if you did what you had to do, and respect the competitors!

When I won the novice middleweight I stoked and when I place second in the Open to a great competitor, I was stoked as well. He had what the judges were looking for and quite frankly he looked great! I use things like that to fire me up and start progressing towards new goals, but I always commend the competitor because he did his job to win and compete as well! I will never hide from competition, as Aeliop stated, bring the Gladiator mentality each and every time, go from there!

Its not about winning or placing to me. Its about the challenge I put to myself everyday. Its about the journey I took to get to that point. Its about the character I build through overcoming adversity. Its about the friends I make along the way.
Contest day is probably the most superficial thing I do in life. I only do it because its the finish line of my race and part of the process. I could not compete and I would be satisfied that I have learned valuable life-lessons and benefited from the process.

Last edited:

Aeliop, how you managed to cut so much hole cloth from my post is nothing short of amazing to me. Why you would take a simple observation and twist it into me "telling my buddies that if I had trained I would be the Delaware State champ blah blah blah" I dont know. He beat me at the BG. Remember? I said he was a nice guy, and he is. Rememeber? If in SOME CRAZZZZZZY WAY I have implied this in my post. It was a COMPLETE mistake on my behalf.

Aeliop, thank you for telling me what I should do as a competitor. And what I should be doing at my gym. How I should appreciate my fellow competitors. The suffering, esctasy, and victory involved. Thank you for pointing out that I shouldnt be a "critic". That a "critic sits in the confort of thier life and critisizes the gladiator. Shit man! I want to be a gladiator too!

All really good stuff Aeliop. Thank you again!

Thank you for defining the "real bodybuilding code" for me also.

I have to admit i didn't see anything negative with Concreteguy's post that led to these conclusions.

Concreteguy if I misunderstood your post then let me apoligize but this is what I took from it.

As I said I guess a show is only as good as the people that show up. obviously..

That Will Rode just beat you by 1 spot at the Bill Grant and here a few months later he doesn't look like he improved any but nobody any good showed up so he ends up winning the Masters and finishing 3rd in the Open.

Now I realize I could of totally taken that the wrong way and you could of meant "Wow I only lost by one place to a guy Will Rode who looks great by the way who later ended up winning the Delaware Masters and 3rd in the Heavies. Man I am right there if I keep dieting and training hard. Concreteguy if thats what you meant then I apoligize and I am sorry for mudding up your thread.

mainevent said:
have to admit i didn't see anything negative with Concreteguy's post that led to these conclusions.

Main as mentioned above If I misunderstood the post and I was out of line then I apoligize.

Man tough crowd................considering I competed in that show. Although it wasn't the best competition I've been up against in my life I think it's a bit lame to call out guys that put the effort forth and showed up to compete.

Hey man

Man tough crowd................considering I competed in that show. Although it wasn't the best competition I've been up against in my life I think it's a bit lame to call out guys that put the effort forth and showed up to compete.

Do not take it personally......I think he misworded it.....every show is tough, you just cant waltz up there and win.

You know I was actually going to say this part as well. You never know who is on this board and reading what you wrote and who you might be offending or hurting etc...

You know I was actually going to say this part as well. You never know who is on this board and reading what you wrote and who you might be offending or hurting etc...

I hear you man............I just thought the title of the post was a little offensive. No big deal though...............he should come do our little show next year and see how well he does against the competition.

Hey

I hear you man............I just thought the title of the post was a little offensive. No big deal though...............he should come do our little show next year and see how well he does against the competition.

If you challenge concreteguy you better be prepared to pay the piper.......he will accept it and folow through.......start putting his name on the 5th place novice over 50 mens LHW trophy RIGHT NAW if you call him out!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws