over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Active Release Technique (ART)

V-Man

Registered
Has anyone had this type of chiropractic technique performed on them and how was it.

I learned about it from Durlan Castro masters bodybuilder who is a chiropractor.

It helps relieve nerve inpingement cause by your muscle.

I went today for an evaluation he said he found some areas so he gave me a treatment.

He used his hands and went deep into my arm muscles, moved my arm and hands in different directions pressing amd stretching on the nerve. He said he could feel he was breaking some things up. Also went deep into the arm pit. When he presses and holds it hurts but it actually feels good. I will see how it is tomorrow and maybe try one or two more I can't do a lot cause I
am paying out of pocket.

Anyone else try ART.

THANKS

yes, i went last year twice a week for 6 weeks,then once a week for 4 weeks,
the first few visits it actually hurt ALOT and i would be bruised the following day but it has been the only thing that has helped with my tendonosis problem in both elbows,as a matter of fact i did not stop workingout while i was having treatments, i did the opposite i was able to increase intensity and i could tell a difference after the first treatment.

Last edited:
I've taken the class. In fact Milos was the model for the book we used for illustration purposes. Supposedly it helped him keep his career going.

Good technique but can be very painful some patients can't handle it.

Very good technique. It helped me to regain 30% or there abouts ROM in my shoulder (20yo injury) It was so bad that I couldnt bench more than 225lbs and it has almost doubled since then.

1st few sessions hurt ALOT though but well worth it.

I used it after my last shoulder surgery and it helped out alot...

I have had it done by my chiro and its great. But I thought you mentioned in another thread that you have nerve impingement at the cervical root?

I have had it done by my chiro and its great. But I thought you mentioned in another thread that you have nerve impingement at the cervical root?

I do have a narrowing at the root. I had the epidural shot. Thought I would try this to see if there were any problems down my arm. He did find a couple spots and broke up some adhesions. Feels little better today

Has anyone had this type of chiropractic technique performed on them and how was it.

I learned about it from Durlan Castro masters bodybuilder who is a chiropractor.

It helps relieve nerve inpingement cause by your muscle.

I went today for an evaluation he said he found some areas so he gave me a treatment.

He used his hands and went deep into my arm muscles, moved my arm and hands in different directions pressing amd stretching on the nerve. He said he could feel he was breaking some things up. Also went deep into the arm pit. When he presses and holds it hurts but it actually feels good. I will see how it is tomorrow and maybe try one or two more I can't do a lot cause I
am paying out of pocket.

Anyone else try ART.

THANKS

i recently made a post pertaining to this. i have some nerve impingement and the first thing i did was to see a chiropractor.

let me state clearly and unequivocally that the extensive active release performed did absolutely nothing whatsoever to help me in any way shape or form. it was like wasting time and gas money to give some guy free money with nothing in return. if the guy had given me a crayon drawing at least i would have got something out of it

get an mri done, it will show any issues you may have. let me state also i do not have health insurance. when i spoke to another doctor i told him this and he was really cool about it. he refused to charge me for the 2 visits i had with him, and had his secretary call many places to see where i could get the cheapest mri. it ended up being $550, which is cheap for an mri.

by the way this 'cool' doctor who knew his shit was a plastic/reconstructive surgeon. i had thought it was torn thats why i saw him

ART is a massively useful rehab tool. It is the quickest form of effective therapy for soft tissue injuries that I have encountered in 25 years of training.

But like everything, there are good and bad practitioners. Freeing up adhesions in my RC muscles, especially the subscapularis, has been a Godsend.

Hands down (in my personal case) the absolute best thing Ive ever done as far as injury prevention and being able to continue lifting when I have recieved an injury that I thought would put me out of commission for an extended period of time.

But i had gone to an ART practitionor previously who was supposed to be at the top of his game and recieved no benefit.

Then on a recommendation I went to another down here in Solana Beach that is at the top of his craft. It is very painful sometimes to the point you are gritting your teeth and shaking....(but I have always told people, do you really think you could manipulate the body and change it by something that was feathery light and felt great?)

This guy has fixed my IT band, repetitous wear pec shoulder tissue on left side and my constant detriment (right shoulder that has been thru hell....ACR wear, shingles (<---really really screwed up that nerve complex badly), C-disc problems from of all things sleeping on my side,......the shingles and c-disc problems caused atrophy in my tricep, forearm and and weakness in my bicep, and some shoulder atrophy)....i thought i was destined for surgery about 1.5 years ago but went and saw this guy on a recommendation like i said and he is a miracle worker. I dont even tell the guy whats going on and he feels your joint thru a range of motion and says "ok this dont feel right....right here"....and its the exact spot that you would have told him is hurting and he is going by feel.....pretty amazing.

He has gotten me back virtually all the way...with only maybe a tiny bit of atrophy at the bottom of my right triceps the only holdback but i feel the shingles did some damage im not ever going to get back but i can live with 95% thats for sure....(shingles still to this day the most painful thing Ive ever been thru down my right shoulder and arm...and ive been in car accidents, etc....brutal)....Skip had it too around his midsection and has to deal with blasts of pain every 30 seconds for the rest of his life.....with me its some numbness, slight slight weakness, and slight slight atrophy....but again this guy has gotten me back to 95% where regular chiro's couldnt get it done.

Anybody in the San Diego area I cannot recommend this guy enough....his name is Asher Graff ... he is in Solana Beach...tell him Dante sent you.

Last edited:
ART is amazing, did wonders for me and even my mother who was not able to live her arm over her head after a few weeks she is totally fine now. It is wise to see an ART guy before it is too late, they can't often prevent people from needing surgery.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131