over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AGREE or DISAGREE part 2

rl3355

Registered
Short cycles / good gains - less sides

WHY DO THEM

#1.
If you are one of those bro's that does longer cycles, of say 10-12 weeks or more, and then wisely takes an equal amount of time off, and you are tired of loosing so much of your gains post cycle due to the length of the time off...the yoyo affect....then why not try doing shorter cycles with their corresponding shorter off times...... obviously you don't gain as much with a short cycle but then again you don't loose as much post cycle either due to the shorter off time.

Now... over say a year of doing 4 on 4-6 off you are gong to get very similar results as that seen from doing longer cycles of say 12 "on" 12-14 off but with less yo-yo affect and less sides. In fact most of my clients that do 4-6 week cycles tell me that they are actually getting better gains over a years use.

#2.
Do them to have less of a negative impact on ones lipid profile and to have less total time per year with a poor lipid profile. My mentor, the late great MIKE MENTZER died of heart disease at age 50 and I know for a fact that ARNOLD had more than valve surgery(I am an operating room nurse as well as a trainer)

#3.
Do them to decrease liver stress. Generally long cycles with non 17aa roids are not that hard on the liver but sometimes one can get into trouble. The short cycle allows for less total stress on the liver and the frequent "off" times allows the liver to regenerate very well.

Generally a healthy liver can take pretty big "hits" for short periods of time without any problem ...it is long term stress that cause liver damage(as seen with elevated GGT enzyme levels)

#4.
Do them if you want to "tone down" your use of steroids.

#5.
Do them if you do NOT want to use HCG during a cycle to prevent testicular atrophy. HPTA shut down will be complete in as little as a week "on" but testicualr atrophy is minimal due to the short length of this shut down. This then allows for better HPTA recovery post cycle.

#6.
Do them if you do not want to see much in the way of water retention and do not want to use an estrogen inhibitor or an ace inhibitor(diuretic)

#7.
Do them if you get high blood pressure and do not wish to use the above mentioned ancillaries.

#8. Do them if you are sick of androgenic sides such as ance, prostate hypertrophy and hair loss(if prone to hair loss) etc etc.

#9.
Do them if you are tired of walking around with high estrogen levels for months on end and do not wish to or cannot afford to use an estrogen inhibitor. High estrogen levels are NOT good for the prostate at all!

WHY NOT TO DO THEM

Obviously if you compete at a high level then short cycles are probably not the best for you, BUT I think they are the best way to use steroids for the vast majority of bro's.

Top competitors need to be "on" either all the time or most of the time....thats unfortunate but usually necessary in order to get freaky huge which is now needed to win big.

WHAT TO EXPECT

If one is not yet at ones natural maximum level of muscular developement then very good gains can be seen of up to 15 pounds and 10 pounds kept after a 4 weeker...as long as you train correctly as a natural post cycle.

If one is off gear and has dropped to ones natural max then a short cycle can add up to 10 pounds. If you take no more than 6 weeks off after each four weeker you will not loose much...then in each successive cycle you can still gain but the gains will be smaller the further you get from your natural max.

Those that are off cycle and have not yet shrunk down to their natural max can still gain well with successive short cycles but don't expect to win at the national level.

One of the things I like about short cycles is the short time "off" between cycles.......muscular atrophy is minimal during the off time and you are allowing for frequent bodily normalization after minimal time "on". LESS SIDES IN GENERAL, LESS TIME WITH A SHITTY LIPID PROFILE and LESS MUSCLE LOSS POST CYCLE.

NOTE: You cannot get "freaky big" in this way...that takes very big doses and spending most of the year, for years on end, on steroids as well as GH and slin, and that my freinds is simply not a good idea unless you plan to make your living as a bodybuilder.

Getting pretty darn big in small steps is a safer way to use gear IMHO...and it messes less with one head too. Some guys really get depressed during "off" times of 12 or more weeks waiting to start their next cycle.

WHAT QUALIFIES AS SHORT

"In my book" any cycle 6 weeks or less is a short cycle. Personally I now think that 4 weekers give the best gains to sides ratio.

You can do 2 weeks "on" 2-4 weeks "off"
You can do 4 weeks on and 4-6 weeks off
Or you can do 6 weeks on with 6-8 weeks off.
4 weeks on and 4 weeks off, year round, gives excellent results and you are only "on" half the year.

source - http://www.steroidology.com/forum

Ive become a believer in short cycles. Ive run 2 now. The first one was 6 weeks long and I just finished a 5 weeker. This past 5 weeker ive put on 28 pounds, have to wait and see exacltly how much I keep. Some of that is naturally water and fat, I was bulking and eating like mad. I plan on cutting down to about 240 lbs, and started out at 230. 10 pounds should be realistic. I made similar gains on that first cycle I did. Both cycles I was able to make just about the same gains I used to make running 10-12 week cycles.
I am frontloading and using a combo of short and long esters to get blood levels high fast. Im really feeling it by about day 5 or so. Bombarding with fairly high doses. I seemed to recover much faster after the short cycle, even though my doses were much higher. I think the duration you run the cylce is more important than the dose for recovery.

Good article

Some good ideas in there. The only thing is for me personally, I need an absolute bare min of 4 weeks to make any gains. I takes me a good two weeks to even start really cranking.(depending on what aas it is. Long esters)

Negative sides.....

1. Shots must be done more often = more scar tissue and just a pain the the ass literally haha.

2. Fast acting gear tends to hurt more.

3. Strength and size gains are never the same. You cant attain that extreme level unless you are on for long periods. But yes, the time off causes you to lose alot of it.

4. 4 weeks is not enough for your HPTA to recover, i dont care how short you were on. It needs more time, and then time to operate normally before you shut it down again to ensure your body functions right.

5. Harsher gear. Alot of the faster acting stuff is worse for you than long acting gear. Orals are liver harsh, alot of the other stuff messes with your body and uneven blood levels with gear that peaks up and down and is hard to time is what will lead to acne, NOT the long acting stable gear.

I could come up with more but im tired

Negative sides.....

1. Shots must be done more often = more scar tissue and just a pain the the ass literally haha.

2. Fast acting gear tends to hurt more.
(Depends on where you get it, or if it's homebrew.) My cattle never feel the pain.

3. Strength and size gains are never the same. You cant attain that extreme level unless you are on for long periods. But yes, the time off causes you to lose alot of it.

4. 4 weeks is not enough for your HPTA to recover, i dont care how short you were on. It needs more time, and then time to operate normally before you shut it down again to ensure your body functions right.
(Agree, for some individuals it could take up to 12 months to recover; and they may not recover to what they were at before)

5. Harsher gear. Alot of the faster acting stuff is worse for you than long acting gear. Orals are liver harsh, alot of the other stuff messes with your body and uneven blood levels with gear that peaks up and down and is hard to time is what will lead to acne, NOT the long acting stable gear.
(I dont see how it's harsher gear just because it's a longer ester. For me personally, I dont get acne when I'm on gear, either short or long or hard androgenic gear. Only when I'm coming off, or when I'm off.)

I could come up with more but im tired

I personally feel if your doing short cycles and only taking 4-6wks off, thats not enough time to fully recover, so your really just doing one big cycle. I like one really really long bulker. Like 16-20weeks. Then taking a long time off. Like 6months.

I personally feel if your doing short cycles and only taking 4-6wks off, thats not enough time to fully recover, so your really just doing one big cycle. I like one really really long bulker. Like 16-20weeks. Then taking a long time off. Like 6months.

i think the important thing here is, (and fourthgen almost hit it) is that your methods must be in line with your goals and personal circumstances.

4 on, 4 off no you wont recover totally or even close, BUT it will give the rest of the body a break. if your tryin to add 30lb's of good size in a year you prob have to accept hpta shutdown as the trade off.
also for a 4 weeker to work doses must be high right from day one, something else to consider.

i think im biased as im plannin a 4 weeker, but i can see how if you get in and out fast and ( but takin all precautions) it can be easier on the body( not the hpta) than my normal 4-6months at 1000mg/wk???

these are just my thoughts and are subject to change with a good enough argument lol:D

Short Cycles

I understand how short cycles can be easier on your body ie heart, liver and kidneys etc but I dont see how your testes and natural test production can recover in 4 weeks even if was only shut down for a short time.

Most gear even fast acting stays in the system for at least a week after last shot. So your 4 weeks off is really only 3 weeks off for the testes at most. Because your body wont react untill all AAS is clear. Does that make sense?

I thought that the guys who came up with the short cycles did so because they were using huge dosages that the body couldnt handle for long periods. 4+ grams per week with orals for 4 weeks then nothing for 4 and then back on etc. ??

Last edited:
In the interest of discussion....

What do you think about Big A's Growth Principal Article? Stay on gear full time and don't come off unless your receptors are saturated and your bloodwork is bad. Supplementing with HCG or clomid the entire time to help keep your boys happy.

Long Term Gear

I think BIG A's protocol is probably exectly what most really big guys do. Although I dont think there is any harm to taking 8-12 weeks off once a year to just relax and get away from needles, force feeding and the gym.

I think it would be great to go on for 8 weeks then off for 12-16 and with PCT keep all your natural test normal and also continue to get huge, but it dosnt seem to happen for many guys. I think most really big guys use quite alot of gear for long periods of time, and their natural production is effected permenently.

Just my opinion.

One thing too to consider is your age. Im 37 years old now and noway do I produce the endogenous test levels I did when i was in my early 20s. Going off AAS at my age for long extended periods of time makes it impossible to maintain much of the gains you make while youre on. Guess Im not worried much about recovering the HPTA in PCT as much as I am about just giving my body a chance to detox etc. 4 weeks has proven long enough when I run these short cycles.

I'm 41 and I've never gone over an 8 week cycle. BUT it's been 6 years since my last cycle.

I'll be going on one as soon as my gear gets in.

I'm 41 and I've never gone over an 8 week cycle. BUT it's been 6 years since my last cycle.

I'll be going on one as soon as my gear gets in.

Hmmmmm, I've been on my cycle since October and my blood chemical profile looks great. I don't understand why to go short cycles or even cycles like only 12 weeks and loose all that mass in between. HCG one or every two months seems to do the job. My sex drive only increases and doesn't decrease.....

Mike

Hmmmmm, I've been on my cycle since October and my blood chemical profile looks great. I don't understand why to go short cycles or even cycles like only 12 weeks and loose all that mass in between. HCG one or every two months seems to do the job. My sex drive only increases and doesn't decrease.....

Mike

For me, going on cycles of 12 weeks or longer didnt do much good. I would always reach the point at about 8 weeks where my gains would pretty much come to a hault. Any time beyond that and all I would be doing was maintaining what I had built. Then you have to go off for an extended time and lose much of what you put on. With the short cycle experience I have so far, just done 2, I make just about the same gains in 5 weeks that used to take 10 or more. Then when I go off Im off just a short time and dont really lose any muscle. Im guessing I didnt much muscle because my strength dropped very minimally.

I like to switch up. For example im doing a 16weeker. 1g test the whole time, b/c the body never gets used to test, and NPP the first 8weeks then switch to tren/var the last 8. That way your body can't get used to the gains and stop growing.

Here is what I do...a base of test year round 250mg/week with 4 week "cycles" of shorter acting stuff on top ,month of prop ,month off ,month of tren ,month off ,month of orals ,month off ,and so on:).................almost forgot does this count as short cycles?Bwahahahahahaha!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131