advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alex Rodriguez named in a new PED report that could grow into BALCO-like scandal

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not that it surprises anyone but wonder how big this one will get...
One good thing about Obama is his administration hasn't been on a witch hunt..(they are too busy smoking pot)....but then again...BALCO and baseball is what drove all the Raw Deal and busts last time of tons of people in and out of the sport...so I am wondering how big this one will get and if everyone needs to reach down and grab their ankles...cause it will get ugly...

Alex Rodriguez the biggest name in a new PED report that could grow into BALCO-like scandal - Yahoo! Sports Canada

"A man in south Florida supplied performance-enhancing drugs to more than half a dozen major league players, including Alex Rodriguez, according to a Miami New Times report that officials at Major League Baseball believe will grow into a doping scandal that could rival the BALCO case that tarnished Barry Bonds.

Alex Rodriguez is once again at the center of a possible PED scandal. (AP Photo) The newspaper reported Tuesday morning that Anthony Bosch, a self-styled biochemist seen frequently in Latin American baseball circles, distributed large amounts of human growth hormone, synthetic testosterone and other cocktails of PEDs to players who previously had not been linked, such as Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz.

Some of the players could be subject to a 50-game suspension for a violation of the league's PED policy, a league official told Yahoo! Sports. Three of Bosch's alleged clients – outfielder Melky Cabrera, pitcher Bartolo Colon and catcher Yasmani Grandal – already have been caught and suspended by the league.

Following a relatively quiet period, PED busts spiked in baseball last season. From Ryan Braun's positive test for testosterone – which got overturned because of alleged mishandling of evidence – to the suspensions of Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Freddy Galvis, Marlon Byrd, Guillermo Mota and Carlos Ruiz, baseball is facing a renaissance of use, one it believes centered in south Florida.

While MLB had investigated wellness clinics and other suspected PED purveyors in the Miami area, it had not uncovered much of the blockbuster information revealed in the New Times story, the official told Yahoo! Sports.

The records of players' use, given to the New Times by a former employee at Bosch's Biogenesis clinic, are especially detailed in the cases of Rodriguez and Cabrera. Rodriguez, referred to as "Alex Rodriguez," "Alex Rod" or "Cacique," received HGH, testosterone cream and insulin-like growth factor, all banned under MLB's PED policy. He also was given "troches," a lozenge that has 15 percent testosterone, and other types of growth hormone, according to the report.

Rodriguez's account was "paid through April 30th" of 2012, according to the records.

Cruz, the slugging outfielder whom Bosch nicknamed "Mohamad," gave Bosch $4,000 in July 2012, the records said, for a regimen that included "troches."

The report also links Washington Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez to Bosch, though the five mentions of him in the records are less specific. While they include a $1,000 charge, Gonzalez's father, Max, said he was the one working with Bosch to lose weight.

Florida state and federal authorities have amped up their inquiries into Bosch in recent months, the league official said, as he operated a number of clinics that catered to athletes as well as the growing group that seeks HGH and testosterone as anti-aging treatments.

[Also: Milwaukee Brewers will wear fan-designed uniform]

Pedro Bosch, a doctor who has worked in Florida for more than 35 years and is Anthony's father, supplied the fertility-drug prescription to Manny Ramirez that prompted his first PED suspension in 2009.

While the Drug Enforcement Agency looked into the Bosches supplying the players, it chose not to pursue a case, according to ESPN.com.

MLB and the players association strengthened the league's PED policy this offseason, instituting random blood testing for HGH and a stronger test for synthetic testosterone triggered by a variation from a baseline testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio the league will keep on every player. "

Last edited:
Its pretty big, everyone right now is talking about it on ESPN and places. This is going to blow up hugee.

Lance is probably happy right now. :D
Takes the heat and press off him. ;)

Well, A Rod already admitted using PEDs so I honestly don't think it will be that big of a deal, I could be wrong though (it has happened once or twice)

PED's will always be a part of pro sports. There's no way around it because it generates so much revenue. What athlete isn't going to try to land that $100,000,000 contract.

i dont know anything about sports but i have a little info on other stuff, right now i am very very very concered about a major bust/crackdown in the works.

something on par with the last 2 big ones that shut down the mx companies and the last powder one around the olympics.

i think research chems like peptides and serms and all the associated chems that those sites sell are being targeted. i think there is also going to be a big push on other supps that are effective.

i dont think this is gona happen tomorrow, if it does im thinking 2-5 year range. there are a lot of things being investigated at the moment.

this isnt one of those be safe messeages either, at this point most have made there beds. this is a word of warning take every chance you can to stick up for your rights. do not let these fat, weak, sick fucks make us live to there unhealthy standards.

really there should be no debate. all types of activities and substances that are far more damaging then any of the chems they go after are legal and marketed to the general public, so the saftey argument is void mentioning it proves you are unedjucated and full of shit.

im sick of this but i feel alone, i feel like im the only one willing to stand up and tell people its my life fuck off! my life, my business, my right! stop hiding in the shadows and stand up for yourselfs!

Mmm those ""troches" lozenges sound pretty tasty... I wonder if they came in different flavors:confused:

i dont know anything about sports but i have a little info on other stuff, right now i am very very very concered about a major bust/crackdown in the works.

something on par with the last 2 big ones that shut down the mx companies and the last powder one around the olympics.

i think research chems like peptides and serms and all the associated chems that those sites sell are being targeted. i think there is also going to be a big push on other supps that are effective.

I would be surprised if these items don't get some heat in the relatively near future. Though it's a complete waste of our resources as a nation, I agree. But how do you know this info? Probably can't say but thought I'd ask....

i dont think this is gona happen tomorrow, if it does im thinking 2-5 year range. there are a lot of things being investigated at the moment.

this isnt one of those be safe messeages either, at this point most have made there beds. this is a word of warning take every chance you can to stick up for your rights. do not let these fat, weak, sick fucks make us live to there unhealthy standards.

really there should be no debate. all types of activities and substances that are far more damaging then any of the chems they go after are legal and marketed to the general public, so the saftey argument is void mentioning it proves you are unedjucated and full of shit.

im sick of this but i feel alone, i feel like im the only one willing to stand up and tell people its my life fuck off! my life, my business, my right! stop hiding in the shadows and stand up for yourselfs!

How'd you come across this info? I know plenty about the FBI and the FDA-OCI, and they don't give out information on busts yet to happen...except to people they've just busted and are trying to judge their cooperativeness. Not that I don't think that there will be a larger scale bust in the next 5yrs or so. But that's like saying there's gonna be a plane crash in the next 5yrs...it's par for the course. You don't need special info to know that's gonna happen.

Well, A Rod already admitted using PEDs so I honestly don't think it will be that big of a deal, I could be wrong though (it has happened once or twice)

Of course it will be a big deal. He came out and confessed that he used them from 2001-2003 and made a big ordeal of how it felt good to get it off his chest and that he never used them again. Now apparently he lied, so he will get a shit load of heat especially because of what happened in the past. Sucks because I've always been the biggest A-Rod fan ever.

I really hope they don't start this nonsense again.
If they go after research companies, will they be harassing the past customers? Or you are saying they might be trying to take down the sites.

I frankly love how the DEA decline to pursue charges since they are the oversight for physicians who write rx's... all licensed dr. have a DEA ID number issued to write for controlled drugs....

and for the DEA to say whatever to some ballplayers just trying to get that dream contract and generate tix sales and revenue and to put on a good show is them saying its less than nothing in comparison to the metric tons of coke, heroin etc.. getting moved and pushed around which is responsible for destroying homes, neighborhoods and lives etc etc...

Good call DEA... and for everyone else get over yourselves... just think in 10years.... the way technology advances... soon it will be gene altering and therapy etc... no point with drugs any more when you can engineer the get big gene to take over... then what is MLB, NFL, NBA, etc etc etc gonna do... not a fucking thing

Dude has made like 303 million so far in his career..for that money you could buy a surrogate to get your stuff for you....really dumb to buy things in your real name AFTER getting nailed to the stuff a decade ago...
I wonder if that's the reason he's injured ..since he may have come off everything..quickly months ago before this spilled.
Public needs to get over it and accept everyone does it and it's a level playing field...maybe it won't be the storm it was last time..but our government "needs to save our kids" again...

Again. This is such nonsense.

PROFESSIONAL athletes should be able to go under a doctors care and use PED's.

Look at this way. Ray Lewis tricep tear.....Could be juice right? So that is a negative effect.

On the other hand - PROFESSIONAL athletes who are injured could greatly benefit from PED therapy and get back to the business of playing for their respective teams.

Thoughts on this?

^All four of them are huge names

I frankly love how the DEA decline to pursue charges since they are the oversight for physicians who write rx's... all licensed dr. have a DEA ID number issued to write for controlled drugs....

and for the DEA to say whatever to some ballplayers just trying to get that dream contract and generate tix sales and revenue and to put on a good show is them saying its less than nothing in comparison to the metric tons of coke, heroin etc.. getting moved and pushed around which is responsible for destroying homes, neighborhoods and lives etc etc...

Good call DEA... and for everyone else get over yourselves... just think in 10years.... the way technology advances... soon it will be gene altering and therapy etc... no point with drugs any more when you can engineer the get big gene to take over... then what is MLB, NFL, NBA, etc etc etc gonna do... not a fucking thing

dude i think you need to get around this world a little more, the drugs you mentioned do not destroy homes, people do. ignorant unedjucated people who do things that thye have no knowledge of and therefore no business doing.

access to compounds and information that will make us more healthy is what is under attack. going after different drug using groups is a way that they make you think you are better then the people who are doing the same shit as you, just via different method.

its all a bs witch hunt being done to make you participate in there system.

i can not garentee that any of what i said will happen. i just have strong suspicions based on my experiance and research. my information has not come from some artical, i know a lot of people who have had issues for various reasons. i hope what i said does not happen. i will do everything i can to be vocal about this and i have been, it just seems to fall on deaf ears.

lots of people in this coutry and around the world use lots of different drugs and natural compounds to try and make there life better, why are we criminalizing those people?

i think our chances are small at best but right now if we all stop our bickering, organize and be vocal maybe we could make our future better rather then worse.

but hey, you guys seem to love posting on those another good bro goes down threads... so maybe it will be all good in the end.

Again. This is such nonsense.

PROFESSIONAL athletes should be able to go under a doctors care and use PED's.

Look at this way. Ray Lewis tricep tear.....Could be juice right? So that is a negative effect.

On the other hand - PROFESSIONAL athletes who are injured could greatly benefit from PED therapy and get back to the business of playing for their respective teams.

Thoughts on this?

Professional athletes benefit more from painkillers in season than any other PED...and the hardcore stuff isn't banned vicodin oxy etc.
They go after internet anti-aging clinics while thousands of "pill mills" operate legally. Ironic I saw a CVS in FL was being investigated for writing 3000 scripts per month for opiates jumping up from 300 just weeks before.
Pill mills usually write 30,000 a month or more..once in a while they'll bust one to make a feel good article but bottom line is the hardcore stuff is ok, but the other more natural thing like test and GH are not...
Thousands of people die every year from painkillers OD'ing by accident due to the long half life. Of course if you could infuse test and GH into Mari-juana leaves it would entirely be OK and legal. :(
Idiot politicians....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity