over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti-inflammatory diet

drkimcrawford

Banned
Morning gentleman,
Here is the official anti-inflammatory diet,with my bodybuilder tweaks.
DIET

I googled anti-inflammatory diet on this site and it took me to the B12 article so if there have been threads I don't see them. At any rate, here is the cleanest way to eat, exactly how I personally eat, will keep you the healthiest and I daresay will add the most muscle.

Remember that I am unable to handle the crunch of PM's with labs and personal analysis so I created the $50 personal consult you can find under my sig called quick guide to services. (WebMD has a bunch of idiots who will answer ONE question for $50 and this is so much more!)

Of course questions related to this post will be answered here,just be patient with me -it's a MONDAY!!!

Happy Monday! :love:
Dr.Kim

Does whey protein cause the body to be acidic? I usually get around 150g whey hydro isolate per day but was thinking of switching to a 50/50 blend of whey and egg white protein to be less acidic.

Another great article Dr. Kim! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Questions:

Other than the sprouted bread, quinoa and sprouted brown rice, what other carbs do you advise? You mentioned pasta? Any particular brands you like?

I eat a lot of cashews and was not aware they are laden with toxic fat. Even the raw ones?

If we shouldn't grill our foods, how would you prepare your meats?

HI TBO and Warlock

TheBigONE:
Wheyy (link avoid) ISOLATES are not as healthy and are more acidic than wheyy concentrates and I haven't researched specifically about any acidicity issues with the good concentrates but from what I've read, no one has mentioned it. You may have read something I haven't in this arena. If you have found research saying concentrates also have this problem then mixing with egg or a BCAAA (to avoid link misspell) powder is a good idea. Anyway here is what I have on wheyy proteinn:

Article

By the way in a non bodybuilding population this acidity thing is a non issue other than those with FMS,etc.

Warlock LOL you are getting pretty close to your question quota!
TY for the TY!
Yes re cashews unfortunately....
Grilling is the most toxic way to may food-bake,poach,pressure cooker,pan, now a grill like a George Foreman Grill is a lot better...not as healthy as the other options.

Re carbs I get most of mine from vegetables. For pasta there is a brand on Amazon that uses beans to make pasta and then there is a Publix-bought brand of pasta (tastes better) made of quinoa. I have a bread maker for gluten free bread-you can get mixes which take you 10 min to mix up and you have a nice fresh loaf.....rarely eat pasta. I walk the talk....that's for sure.

Dr.Kim

Please elaborate on the toxic fat of cashews, as I eat about a serving a day.

A must listen to for anybody who is interested in food and the human body . . .

**broken link removed**

And yes, he does talk about an anti-inflammatory diet
and many many other interesting things . . . the ‘food’
industry, eating healthy, preparing food, bla, bla, bla.

Kendryck-
I love them too,boo hoo.
The problem is that raw-they contain tons of toxins so to make them safe they need to be roasted at super high temps. When you take ANYTHING that contains fats and cook them at high temps you create trans fats and advanced glycation end products which I've discussed a lot so you likely have read-if not just WIKI.
Dr.Kim

TheBigONE:
Wheyy (link avoid) ISOLATES are not as healthy and are more acidic than wheyy concentrates and I haven't researched specifically about any acidicity issues with the good concentrates but from what I've read, no one has mentioned it. You may have read something I haven't in this arena. If you have found research saying concentrates also have this problem then mixing with egg or a BCAAA (to avoid link misspell) powder is a good idea. Anyway here is what I have on wheyy proteinn:

Article

By the way in a non bodybuilding population this acidity thing is a non issue other than those with FMS,etc.

Warlock LOL you are getting pretty close to your question quota!
TY for the TY!
Yes re cashews unfortunately....
Grilling is the most toxic way to may food-bake,poach,pressure cooker,pan, now a grill like a George Foreman Grill is a lot better...not as healthy as the other options.

Re carbs I get most of mine from vegetables. For pasta there is a brand on Amazon that uses beans to make pasta and then there is a Publix-bought brand of pasta (tastes better) made of quinoa. I have a bread maker for gluten free bread-you can get mixes which take you 10 min to mix up and you have a nice fresh loaf.....rarely eat pasta. I walk the talk....that's for sure.

Dr.Kim

Interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with digestion and absorbtion as isolate is far superior than concentrate in those categories.

True that isolates are digested/absorbed better.
But I'm always thinking about health benefits and concentrates are much better for your GI tract and really tons better for your immune system.

BB immune systems are compromised for many reasons-a very common one is everyone has high cortisols....so I'm all for boosting the immune sytem in you guys which is why I love concentrates. The one I carry adds lactases and proteases to aid in digestioin of the protein. But...good question if this affects acidity-don't know.

Ok, good article, so where does my Five guys bacon cheeseburger and fries fit into this?:D:banghead:

LOL!

BAD BOY!

Actually when someone eats something SUPER BAD, effects of epigenetic carnage can be shortened if you take a good curcumin like the cumetra I have and fish oils double your usual dose right after and again that evening.

Other things I add with patients is I tell them to take a double dose of their HGH (anti-inflammatory), their DHEA (ditto) and their decaf green tea extract (ditto)....so you're not the only one,haha.

Dr.K

You got your old man eating like this? How does he do with it? Does he have a choice?:p

DAMN cashews ?

really, ugh ! what the hell can i eat then, peanuts ? Almonds?

LOL-NOPE

Hey DOUG-

Yep he sure does and NOPE he does not-he is aware that eating is not the #1 best sensation.;) And I am 100% healthy and expect HIM to be too. I have all pts eating like this too. I love them all and they KNOW that they are "family" so sometimes I think they do it for themselves but also "for me" to make me happy-it's very weird, I know.

I'm sorry Thor-
Here-yes almonds,very healthy,walnuts-these are great cracked on a salad or on greek yoghurt with berries. And hazelnuts are good. And so are pistachios-have you tried them in the shell? I think they are delicious. OK now? :)

I love cashews.

We eat the fruits and save the nuts, so later we roast them in the still lit woodfire from a barbecue, or we make a small bonfire for this purpose. Break them with a stone and voila.

True that isolates are digested/absorbed better.
But I'm always thinking about health benefits and concentrates are much better for your GI tract and really tons better for your immune system.

BB immune systems are compromised for many reasons-a very common one is everyone has high cortisols....so I'm all for boosting the immune sytem in you guys which is why I love concentrates. The one I carry adds lactases and proteases to aid in digestioin of the protein. But...good question if this affects acidity-don't know.

Wow I would have never thought whey concentrate was more health beneficial than isolate. It's cheaper so I always figured it was less superior in all ways. I'd love to read some articles on this.

BAD BOY!

Actually when someone eats something SUPER BAD, effects of epigenetic carnage can be shortened if you take a good curcumin like the cumetra I have and fish oils double your usual dose right after and again that evening.

Other things I add with patients is I tell them to take a double dose of their HGH (anti-inflammatory), their DHEA (ditto) and their decaf green tea extract (ditto)....so you're not the only one,haha.

Dr.K

I cheat like 3x per week. I think I'll add this. I've been taking 2-4g vitacost tumeric per day but I may switch to yours.

My short article which sums up what is below it on a post above.....

**broken link removed**

This is an article from the #1 natural health Dr/website who has a staff of writers and puts my blog to shame since it's just me-much more extensive articles and slews of references-this guy is smart and accurate. He is also advertising his product. But I wanted to show you this is pretty common knowledge in the medical (my medical) community....and again,tons of references here and you can google more articles by this guy. He started 20 years ago so he's got quite a jump on me.

BUT he doesn't :love: bodybuilders so who would you prefer on your forum LOL?

TY!

Appreciate that BuildingMuscle! :love:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear